~When I First Felt The Magic...FINALLY!~ April 2010 Trip Report

SNAP I'm first!! We've all been in those ruts, don't worry about it. Ducks are entertaining, there's no way around it. That's too bad you never had the Disney fan teacher! I'd be upset too! GARDEN GRILL I THINK?! Woot! I hope you liked TT!

LOL most concise comment EVER.

SNAP I'm first!! We've all been in those ruts, don't worry about it. Ducks are entertaining, there's no way around it. That's too bad you never had the Disney fan teacher! I'd be upset too! GARDEN GRILL I THINK?! Woot! I hope you liked TT!D
LOL most concise comment EVER.

WOOT! :cool1: :-)

Oh thank goodness! I was so worried I was being a bad Diser for the zillionth time LOL

They are, especially in World Showcase. They've shown up on so many TRs besides mine, it's insane! They are DisFamous!

I was really upset, but it was because I'm in an advanced math class and she only teaches the regular math and the double advanced math so I was out. :/ But I still got an awesome team!

I'm not giving it away... but it is in the Land ;) Though Garden Grill is the only TS in the land... still not giving it away LOL

Oh my gosh that picture with the random little girl made me crack up! I saw that and was like...wait that's definitely not one of his sisters!!:lmao: You're right that is super awkward...but you'll always have that funny photo to show people at least! Lol.

I love the ducks too, they really are entertaining:rotfl: Can't wait to hear about your ADR!

Oh my gosh that picture with the random little girl made me crack up! I saw that and was like...wait that's definitely not one of his sisters!!:lmao: You're right that is super awkward...but you'll always have that funny photo to show people at least! Lol.

I love the ducks too, they really are entertaining:rotfl: Can't wait to hear about your ADR!

:rotfl: Yeah, I never really looked at the picture too well and so when I posted it up on Facebook and saw her I was like: "Where did that girl come from?" My friends thought it was hilarious. Really awkward to see that when you come home from a trip LOL

They are just so entertaining. I'm still trying to remember exactly what was so funny about what they were doing. It was really funny, but I guess that memory is lost :guilty:

I'll update ASAP! I have a feeling it may have to be split into two parts ;)

I am always up for a walk around World Showcase, so thanks for the pictures. Have you explored many of the exhibits, like the Viking stuff, the Japanese toys, or the Tomb Warriors?

You DIS teens just keep working hard to give all teenagers a better reputation. You have your work cut out for you to offset some of the kids that get ridiculous when they are away from adult supervision and with their peers. Sometimes they do and say things that they think will be 'cool' in front of their peers, but they really just end up showing their ignorance. Just remember that we (adults) respect you guys for your goodness and would rather hang out with you any day than with a bunch of silly goofs like them. :sad2: For the most part, if you get them alone, they are pretty good kids, too, but they are trying to figure out where they fit in their world. Unfortunately, they often do and say things to mask insecurities and make fun of others to make themselves look better. They fail miserably, too. ;)

I am always up for a walk around World Showcase, so thanks for the pictures. Have you explored many of the exhibits, like the Viking stuff, the Japanese toys, or the Tomb Warriors?

You DIS teens just keep working hard to give all teenagers a better reputation. You have your work cut out for you to offset some of the kids that get ridiculous when they are away from adult supervision and with their peers. Sometimes they do and say things that they think will be 'cool' in front of their peers, but they really just end up showing their ignorance. Just remember that we (adults) respect you guys for your goodness and would rather hang out with you any day than with a bunch of silly goofs like them. :sad2: For the most part, if you get them alone, they are pretty good kids, too, but they are trying to figure out where they fit in their world. Unfortunately, they often do and say things to mask insecurities and make fun of others to make themselves look better. They fail miserably, too. ;)

I'm sorry I didn't have more (the moments when I needed my own camera), but you're welcome. Nope, sadly, we really didn't stop at all going around World Showcase, so the only pavilions we really went inside of were Mexico, Norway and Japan somewhat. I really haven't been able to pay attention to World Showcase, but I'm going to really try and see more there on my next trip. I've heard about the tomb warriors, but the others not really, so I definitely got to add that to my list.

We (well, I) try our bust. Though I agree, they are just tough eggs to crack. The thing is there is NO plausible reason for them to act in this manner. I was at Disney with school and majority of the trip us high schoolers were on our own, no adults. We have rules along with various chaperones, but it's not like they are by our sides every second and can't control what we do. Also, my school has been doing trips like these for years with no trouble, we've actually been complimented for our behavior. Even on the trip, I didn't feel like I was bothering anyone and the CMs enjoyed us and when they are irritated, you know something's wrong. I also ran into other groups and they seemed fine with it all too. So I think what other teens I've seen on trips is no reasonable way to act. I can see where insecurities may come into play, but you got to look past that and be a more mature, better person. I hate this reputation they've made of us teens and I'm so glad you (adults) respect us DIS-Teens because we do NOT act the way these teens do and I know most of my friends are the same way (though I gotta get some of them to shut up on the HM :headache:). Alright, I think I may have ranted enough :rolleyes: So I'll just leave it at that :teeth:

Timmy, MeMom is right, you are a credit to teenagers. My own eldest grand is a wonderful boy and considering the tough breaks he's had it's almost miraculous. So with kids like you and him I hold out hope for the future.

I'd say you definitely need to go to the Japanese Department store, that is a very strange place. Not sure if you know about their obsession with Hello Kitty? Then they have some strange candy in there too.

Timmy, MeMom is right, you are a credit to teenagers. My own eldest grand is a wonderful boy and considering the tough breaks he's had it's almost miraculous. So with kids like you and him I hold out hope for the future.

I'd say you definitely need to go to the Japanese Department store, that is a very strange place. Not sure if you know about their obsession with Hello Kitty? Then they have some strange candy in there too.

Awwwww... Thanks :-) You guys are just too nice. You talk about your grandson so much Tink2Day, I'd like to meet him. Tell him... Timmy says you should join :teeth:

Oh I've heard about that. I heard it's really cool. I think that's place where Domo is... I'm not sure that may be in China I forget :laughing: I only get this from reading TRs :-)

I just needed to get in an update before I lose power again and wanted to see how people in the Northeast like me are doing with Irene coming through. I hope everyone stays safe and for those who have already received her wrath already that you remained safe. Good thing she's leaving soon :-) Now onto the update...

CHAPTER 17: THE BEST THANKSGIVING FEAST EVER WITH A NICE SURPRISE!

Unless you haven't guessed yet, being there is only ONE table service in the Land, we were eating at...

THE GARDEN GRILL!

Yes, the lovely Garden Grill, probably the most magical place in Disney and here is the story why...

We arrived at the Land and went around to the Garden Grill to check-in. There didn't seem to be a lot of people there, so we only had to wait a few minutes before they ushered us in.

When we stepped up onto the Garden Grill, I slipped a little and was confused for a second than I noticed the restaurant was spinning! It was legit spinning! That was definitely an awesome start to our experience there. This elderly lady maitre 'd brought us to our table. I noticed there was a second floor which I was hoping to go to, but we were on the first. I was a bit bummed out by that, but I totally forgot about that when the meal began.

Our waitress's name was Lisa, which must mean she is a very important character in all of this since I don't remember many of the names of CMs we met. She was very bubbly and happy it was nice. And she remembered that I was celebrating something, which was graduating middle school, the only time we had added a celebration to our ADRs before the trip and they still had it on file. It was pretty awesome and Lisa was so nice about it and we found out she had a son, same age as me who was graduating from middle school too. My mom and her talked about how great it was they did that. This sounded as if they were taking it as seriously as High School graduation :rolleyes:

After that, Lisa asked us about where we were from. For anyone who doesn't know I live up in the northeast, New Hampshire to be exact (Irene's going to be here tomorrow), and we found out she was from Massachusetts. Now, I lived in Massachusetts for three years and my parents had lived their whole lives down there and all our relatives lived there so it was pretty cool to know a CM from there. Yeah, a lot of "there"s in that sentence. We were definitely off to a great start for this meal.

She ordered our drinks then explained how the meal was going to go, because for anyone who doesn't know, this is family style, which means you don't order they just continue to bring out food until you've stuffed yourselves silly and it was themed to a Thanksgiving Dinner. I think we had for this meal, Meatloaf, Chicken, Mac 'n' Cheese, Mahi Mahi, Apple Crisp and a lot of other dishes, and lemme tell you, it was DELICIOUS! For those of you who read my PTR and those first questions there was one about "What is the only thing in Disney that would bring my dad back?" And guess what? It was this place! Yup, he LOVES the Garden Grill, his favorite dish was probably the Meat loaf, which I think was a big crowd pleaser for our whole family.

Another thing about the Garden Grill is it's a character meal! Yup and this was definitely another fantastic experience. Through those experiences came my DISer name, yup, we are now entering into...

How Timmy become PlutosRHM55

And here, we, go...

We had to wait a bit, but Pluto was the first at our table. He was as cool as ever, just like any old character M&G, we got up to take some pictures with him:

191.jpg

192.jpg

DSC00057.jpg

I know what you're thinking "What does this have anything to do with your username?" Well I'll get into that, but first we have some other friends to meet.

First at our table was Dale. For those of you who don't know the difference between Chip & Dale, we asked our amazing waitress, Lisa, and we found out it's the teeth and nose. Black nose and one tooth is Chip, Red nose and two teeth is Dale, so here we have Dale. We didn't know it at the time, but we asked and he told us, Dale you da man!:

193.jpg

194.jpg

DSC00058.jpg

Soon after Dale came Chip, luckily they didn't bump into each other, that wouldn't be a good situation. He was just as great as Dale maybe even better. He spent a decent amount of time with us and was very patient. So far, we've had really good characters:

195.jpg

196.jpg

DSC00059.jpg

After Chip, we all could see Mickey off in the distance. I know Lisa stopped by a few times and Mickey still hadn't arrived. He was really taking care to spend a good amount of time with other families. Finally, he came to our table, but told us he was going to the next table and would come back.

He ended up spending an awful lot of time at that table, but came back soon after. When he got there, my mom and my dad started singing the Mickey Mouse March and he started blushing. It was really sweet and we all got up to take some pictures with him:

DSC00060.jpg

197.jpg

He didn't spend a lot of time with us. It was really weird. I don't know if he just didn't like us or something else, it was strange, but still we got to meet Mickey! :-)

After Mickey, our other friends came back around, but I think the one who came around the most was our good friend Pluto, he was at our table a lot, he actually started sniffing our food at one point and then danced for us. He also signed a napkin for my sisters, just being an awesome pup. Then, looking back on that, when I joined this site, I saw I was the closest to Pluto in the picture and was probably the heart of some of the great interactions so I came up with PlutosRHM55, RHM stands for Right Hand Man, I made the abbreviation so it would fit in the UN title and it's just been that way ever since :-) Pluto will forever be main man because of that! Here are so me pictures and a video from those last few times:

198.jpg

200.jpg

In between eating, drinking, meeting and greeting and lots of other chaos going on, we went around many times on the Garden Grill and met characters multiple times, sadly except Mickey, so he was a one time deal. Overall, it was still our best meal to date and probably will be the most prominent memory from our first trip to Disney. Thus ending how I became Pluto's business manager ;)

At the end of the meal, we got the check, but I also got a nice little card with all of the characters signatures along with Lisa's. Yep, she signed my card and that's probably the reason why I remember her name, but she was still the best waitress we've had in Disney and I haven't found any CM to beat her. Thanks for making our dinner at the Garden Grill a magical experience, Lisa! :teeth:

We then got up and left and ventured back out into Future World. We first had to try out Test Track. Both DYS and I were still uneasy about this ride and didn't want to go on so my dad and DOS ended up going on the ride. They really liked it and said it wasn't bad, but really fun, so the next time we all went on it and it was a lot of fun. I loved the on-ride pictures, because everytime my mom's hair would go all spastic, it was hilarious. The first time, half of it was across her face and the other half going in the opposite direction. It was great, definitely a new favorite. We wanted to get more FPs, but they were gone then a guy came up and offered us six FPs and we took it in earnest, knowing we’d be going back.

Once we finished, we all went on a bathroom break because DYS wasn't feeling too good. My dad, DOS and I were in and out of there quickly but had to wait awhile for my mom and DYS. When they finally got out, DYS was definitely not in a mood to go on really anymore rides for awhile, so my dad volunteered to take her home and maybe come back later if she felt better and we went our separate ways.

We had now entered into the Imagination Pavilion area and I wanted to see "Honey! I Shrunk The Audience!" It was about time for the last show of the day so we ran in before they closed the doors, grabbed our 3D glasses and waited for the pre-show to start to then signal our entrance inside, but after about 15 minutes, I needed to go to the restroom again. I told my mom and she said to just ask them to let me back in, but I never did thinking I could just come right back in (or just being my shy self again :rolleyes1).

Once I got out of the restroom and headed back, the door was shut and I couldn’t get back in, so I texted DOS telling her about this dilemma and said I would wait out front. I waited out there for quite a long time. I preoccupied myself by watching the jumping fountains and the backwards waterfall. There really was a lot more to this pavilion than I thought.

I then got a text from DOS telling me… well lemme start with this recap. Remember my aunt, I talked about earlier who has an obsession with Donald Duck? Well, she has two daughters, my cousins and one was graduating this year and was possibly going on a Disney trip with the Senior band kids. My sister texted me, a little after I had decided not to bother trying to get back in and said my cousin was here in EPCOT! I texted back all excited when she told me she was going into the theater so I still had to wait.

Soon enough a crowd of people were let out of the theater and I stood up looking around, trying to find my mom and DOS. They walked right past me so I chased them and patted DOS on the shoulder. They turned around and my sister immediately went into what happened in the show. They said the Pre-show wasn’t working so a little after I left they just let them in. Then, they proceeded to tell me about the whole show with the seats bouncing and the mice crawling over their feet, oh I was so upset I missed it, though my mom thought it was good I did :confused3

We then started talking about my cousin, Kaleigh, being here in the parks. DOS told me my aunt texted her telling us she was in Disney, knowing we were three too and asked what park we were in. DOS said EPCOT and soon found out Kaleigh was in EPCOT too, so my aunt texted her, she texted DOS and we decided to meet up. It was almost time for our FPs so we said to meat at Test Track and headed over.

We found Kaleigh with a bunch of friends sitting outside of Test Track and she called out to us as we walked by and ran over with her friend, Melissa. We got all caught up, Kaleigh telling us about where she was staying (All Star Sports by the way), and about some of the rides in EPCOT and at other parks, especially the thrill ones. My cousin is a huge thrill junkie. She raved about RnRC and Mission: Space the ORANGE side… well, before, she introduced us to Melissa.

After getting all of us on the same page, we gave them two of our six tickets. We tried to ask if anyone would've taken the sixth, but nobody did, so we just left it on the FP kiosks hoping someone would take it.

We practically flew through the line and soon we were in our car. Now, for anyone who knows the ride Test Track, each car sits 6 people. As you can tell there were FIVE of us, so we had room for one more person and ended up with a kid probably around DOS's age, but nowhere near as social. We were all very talkative and he seemed intimidated. We tried to act welcoming, but he just tensed up and smiled never talked, through the whole ride the rest of us enjoying ourselves. :-)

The ride was awesome as usual and especially cool riding it when it was darker out. When we got off the ride, the kid met up with his dad and the first question that came out of his mouth was, "How was it, bud?" And we walked by and he just stared at us. :rotfl2: We all started laughing, just having scarred this kid's life and totally expecting it, but it was something nice to think about when we got off. We talked to them a bit longer after getting off, playing around in the gift shop and learned that they had to go to Hollywood Studios since they were being allowed into this special event after hours just for them seniors, I'm guessing it was Grad Nites (the last Grad Nites ever!), but who knows and we bid them goodbye.

I texted my dad to find out how DYS was doing and he said they were in Canada watching Off-Kilter. I told him to meet us by Test Track and thus we waited again. He soon came and I guided my family in the direction of Spaceship Earth since I really wanted to ride it.

DYS was hesitant and really didn't want to do it, but I told her to come on, but right as we were about to get on the ride she had a tantrum, so my dad, DOS and I just went on by ourselves. I want to mention I didn't have high expectations for this because of its obscurity, but boy was I changed! I immediately fell in love with the ride. I don't know what about it was cool, but it was just tons of fun. And the ending was the best answering the questions and getting to see your future. I sadly didn't send my first one home, but it was fine :thumbsup2

After that, I'm pretty sure I started a SE lap. I got DOS to go try it so we ran around from Project Tomorrow and rode it again and again and again and again... I lost count, though I'm guessing 7 times... maybe, give or take a few. We did end up sending our futures to us, but they've expired so I don't have them to show you all :(

We then decided to check out Project Tomorrow since my dad was getting a bit cranky, so we looked around and checked out some of the games. I'm sure we played more than one, but I remember vividly, that we played this one game where you had use these shuffleboard-esque sticks to push around energy throughout this city and trying to get it to all of the city. DOS and I played it and I must say it was very fun. We did have to switch off for DYS, but it did take up a lot of time and after we decided to leave and get ready for "IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth!"

CHAPTER 18: OOH LA LA, TRES BON (CREPES AND ILLUMINATIONS!) coming soon!

Oh cool, I like the story for how you came up with your username! Sounds like you had a good time at the Garden Grill.

Stay safe as Irene approaches. I feel for everyone on the east coast.

Oh cool, I like the story for how you came up with your username! Sounds like you had a good time at the Garden Grill.

Stay safe as Irene approaches. I feel for everyone on the east coast.

Thanks Sarah! I couldn't wait to right this chapter to really clear that up for those who were wondering how Pluto became my client ;) And yeah, we had a fantastic time there, save the best for last, a great dining experience! :-)

Thank you, I did. She wasn't as strong as I expected her to be, which was a good thing, but nobody left the house because of flooding, but we're all good now :thumbsup2

CHAPTER 18: OOH LA LA, TRES BON (CREPES AND ILLUMINATIONS!)

Once we left Project Tomorrow, we headed towards World Showcase, to find a spot for IllumiNations. We decided to enter from the Canada side of World Showcase since my mom and sisters never really got to see that side.

Once again, we ran into Leslie and her two daughters, they were leaving I think, as they had Park Hoppers and already saw IllumiNations. Tomorrow for both of our families was the last day in the parks and we wanted gotten to a park at opening (Rope Drop as I now know it's called), and since it was quite obvious we wanted to go to a certain park, that was our park of choice, so we made plans, figured out how we were going to do it, said goodbye to them and continued on through WS.

We listened to Off-Kilter for a bit at Canada. My dad was really enjoying them. We didn't stay too long, since my sisters were looking for something to eat. We walked by the UK finding nothing of interest there and continued, remembering about the dead end, towards France, where we saw an ice cream stand. DOS and I both ordered vanilla ice cream and they were in nice, hand-wrapped sugar cones :goodvibes DYS ended up ordering a crepe, which she has never had before, not a good sign right there :eek: And guess what? She seemed to like it.

We were walking by the Beauty & the Beast topiary and as I mentioned before, I was in that play for the middle school the year of this trip, so of course, I had to stop and take a picture in front of them with my lovely dripping vanilla ice cream in hand:

202.jpg

201.jpg

We were really enjoying the topiaries at night, we spotted them everywhere. If only we had taken more pictures :confused3

As we moved on past Morocco and further into Japan, DYS turns out not to like her Crepe so much. My dad tries it doesn't like it, my mom tries it doesn't like it, and DOS tries it... doesn't like it, so I end up getting the Crepe and give DYS my Ice Cream while I have her Crepe and know what? ... I loved it! I'm pretty sure this says maybe I shouldn't be in this family LOL But I liked it, it had subtle flavors, which made it easy on the palette and the sugar and other toppings really made it taste good. I really liked it, so I ate that and once I finished, I got my ice cream back and enjoyed that.We all took a bathroom break at the American Adventure and then continued on towards the other countries.

When we arrived at Italy, my dad started joking about this place because my grandpa on my mom's side of the family is a BIG Italian. I know he's half Portugese as well, but I see all Italian there. He is very loud and like my mom, will talk with anyone and doesn't have much of a filter so much anymore, so my dad makes jokes about him with fake stereotypes, so he did that when we walked through.

IllumiNations was going to start soon, so when we got into Germany we found a spot and soon discovered a bench in the back and that's where we sat. It was a bit obstructed so we ran up at points to watch. I think my dad did grab some food before the show started, but I'm not sure what :/ I got a few pictures, but I lost some of them, so here are the two survivors:

0429002103.jpg

0429002107.jpg

They were taken with my cellphone and didn't come out too good. :/

Now, my opinion of the show, being a first timer here... was AMAZING! At the time I think I ranked it as my favorite fireworks show. It was so big and I loved the music, the floating globe... oh it was FANTASTIC! I think we all felt the same way, my family. It was another late night after the show, so went straight out to the buses and back to Kidani.

We headed straight up to our room and all of us got ready for bed, except my dad who went down to the pool bar again :rolleyes:. We decided since tomorrow we still had passes for one more day that my dad would stay back and pack for us. He wasn't in the mood to really do much anymore having done all four parks, while the rest of us went to go to our favorite park of the week, which had been decidedly so.

After doing all we need to get ready for our last night in Disney :-)sad:), we all got into our beds and went to sleep, reminiscing on the past few days... :cloud9:

CHAPTER 19: ONE SHORT DAY... IN OUR FAVORITE PARK (I will announce the name of the park and change the name of the update once I post the one after to surprise all of you, my readers) coming soon!

Glad you enjoyed Illuminations. We do not see it every trip but every 3-4 maybe.

It was nice of your dad to offer to do the packing. That always puts a damper on the last night and the last morning - trying to get packed and still get in as much last minute fun time as you can.

Glad you enjoyed Illuminations. We do not see it every trip but every 3-4 maybe.

It was nice of your dad to offer to do the packing. That always puts a damper on the last night and the last morning - trying to get packed and still get in as much last minute fun time as you can.

Oh IllumiNations would be every trip for me, I just can't miss any of the nighttime shows or Fireworks anymore, I'm that crazy lol But once per trip :-)

Yeah, I was so glad when he said he would. We all kinda felt bad that we were leaving to the parks and he was going to be there packing, but my dad was done with Disney and just wanted to relax that day and we were mostly packed anyways :thumbsup2

I love the story about how your username came to be! I always wondered what RHM meant:laughing: And that is so cool your cousin was there at Epcot too! I really hope one day I'll run into someone I know while at Disney, I think that would be so fun.

And crepes are so good!! I love them too, I had my first one in Paris and oh my gosh nothing will ever compare to that one! Lol
Can't wait to hear about your last park day :(

I love the story about how your username came to be! I always wondered what RHM meant:laughing: And that is so cool your cousin was there at Epcot too! I really hope one day I'll run into someone I know while at Disney, I think that would be so fun.

And crepes are so good!! I love them too, I had my first one in Paris and oh my gosh nothing will ever compare to that one! Lol
Can't wait to hear about your last park day :(

Haha... yeah, most have too, my various acronyms :rolleyes1 LOL It was definitely awesome meeting up with my cousin there. It's definitely awesome just running into someone you know at WDW not expecting them to be there :goodvibes Very fun and exciting

I love love love LOVE Crepes! I'm so angry I didn't get one on my last trip though my friend and I wanted them badly yet we didn't get any. But I'm sure from the place where they originated, they can't be beat :teeth:

I'll update as soon as I can! :-)

I'm sorry I haven't updated in awhile. School really makes the DIS not possible and all the other stuff I do after school. I'm helping with the middle school cross country running team for service hours and then stage crew for my school's play, so it's a lot and as soon as I finish homework, I hit the sack. I'll try to make time to get on the DIS though since I did manage somehow next year, but it's the weekend and I have time so let us get to the update, shall we...

CHAPTER 19: IT'S ROPE DROP, YAY!

My frumpy little friends, Kristen (Disneyfreak616) and Jess (Disneyfreak508) take the words right out of my mouth. Today, my sisters, my mom and I would be going to our first rope drop, while my dad packed (his preference :rolleyes:). And since I've tried to keep this a surprise until this update, though I've split up a few times, but the park we decided we'd be going to today is...

THE MAGIC KINGDOM!

I think most know this is my favorite park as of yet and I think I've mentioned that we went here on our last day a few times when I talk about this trip so yeah... it's slipped out, but for those of you who didn't know, this was our choice park for our bittersweet last day in the world :(

Since when we wouldn't be coming back to the villa after our day at MK, I decided to take the camera and take some last shots of our home for 6 days:

203.jpg

204.jpg

205.jpg

206.jpg

207.jpg

We tried to get a little packing done so my dad didn't have a ton to do, but we had to get out to the buses soon if we were to make it to MK before Rope Drop began. But while I was out on the balcony, I saw something interesting off in the distance:

0430000746.jpg

If you can't see it, here it is zoomed in a little:

0430000746-1.jpg

If you have no clue what those are, they are...

HOT AIR BALLOONS!​

Yup, our skies were graced with lovely hot air balloons. It was also funny in a way, since Leslie, our friend who we would be meeting up with at Rope Drop, chases them for fun, 'bloonin', they call it. We totally imagined her just hunting them down right now, but we couldn't really think of that right now, so after getting dressed, re-filling our mugs, grabbing what we needed, etc. we were out the door and on the bus to the most magical place on Earth! :-)

We got there with a lot of time to spare, practically half an hour and there wasn't a large group of people. Now looking back on it, I think we were fairly close to getting in at the time when the family of the day was chosen. Too bad that may have been our chance at getting to see Toontown one last time :'( Oh well...

The crowd was thickening and we weaved our way through trying to find Leslie, but she was nowhere to be found. My mom called her on her phone, but they didn't answer. We then discovered, we had actually arrived there before them! Imagine, if we had made Rope Drop everyday, oh yeah! We hung out in the gift shop near the entrance into the parks for awhile when the Rope Drop show began. I took my mom's camera and began taking pictures...

208.jpg

You can really see how packed it was now, luckily none of us were claustrophobic.

209.jpg

210.jpg

211.jpg

212.jpg

If you look into the bottom left corner, there is a woman wearing a visor and a tie-dyed shirt. That is Leslie, the resident DisFreak Math teacher at my school, she's pretty awesome, lemme tell ya!

213.jpg

I must say the opening show was wonderful. It's very upbeat and great to watch. Too bad it's so short and once they welcome you into the MK, you are caught right back up into the hustle-and-bustle of rushing off to your favorite ride. We decided to go towards Tomorrowland and ride Space Mountain. DYS, my mom and one of Leslie's daughters didn't want to go on, so they would go on Buzz, while DOS, Leslie, I and her other daughter went to Space Mountain and we'd meet up after.

We all walked up to the end of Main Street, where they held us for awhile until they dropped the rope again and we went off into Tomorrowland, breaking away from the crowd to go by the Tomorrowland Noodle Station, since some people needed restroom breaks. Then, we continued on our way, making it just in time, before the lines started growing for Space and I think my mom's group got there for a walk-on Buzz.

We ran through the queue, all the way up to the loading area when my stomach did a somersault and my mind turned to the restroom. We told one of the CMs and they showed me to a secret passageway to get out and go find a bathroom. I soon found one right near the exit to Space and raced right in, just in time. After an accident was averted, I waited a bit for them to get off, to find they ended up going on twice in the time I had been gone.

I was upset I wasn't able to go on, so Leslie used up her park passes and gave DOS and I two FPs for Space Mountain later. Thanks Leslie! :-) We soon found my mom with DYS and Leslie's other daughter waiting out near Space, as they had not gone on Buzz for some odd reason (which I forgot). So we ended up going on Buzz again, where I learned a trick into how to rack up points on the ride. It helped a little, but I still didn't get a good score :/ And I was in the same car as Leslie, who was just searching for Hidden Mickeys, so the competitive aspect was gone, not the best ride I've had on Buzz.

After Buzz, we decided to sit down a little and go find a place to get Ice Cream in Tomorrowland. Sadly, we couldn't find such a place and left, heading towards Fantasyland, when DYS said her skirt got all wet. We didn't notice the bench had this, but it got her pretty wet, so my mom ran in and bought some dry clothes for her and we continued on our way to FL. This rope drop did seem to start out less productive than I imagined.

CHAPTER 20: HIDDEN MICKEYS AND 3D GLASSES HAVE ALWAYS GONE HAND-IN-HAND coming soon!

Since school has started, we are all very, very busy! You just enjoy those school activities with your friends, stay current on homework, and we'll be around when you get a minute or two here and there. :) I have been putting in 11 and 12 hour school days, too, and I am beat when I get home. DIS time has taken a big cut, and I try to catch up a little on weekends, too.

That AKV room is very nice. A person could definitely get used to having all that space and kitchen area, especially after being used to our value rooms. ::yes::

The last day is bittersweet. You are so happy to still be there pressing every ounce of magic out of the last hours, but you know that leaving looms large at the end of the day.

Since school has started, we are all very, very busy! You just enjoy those school activities with your friends, stay current on homework, and we'll be around when you get a minute or two here and there. :) I have been putting in 11 and 12 hour school days, too, and I am beat when I get home. DIS time has taken a big cut, and I try to catch up a little on weekends, too.

Oh my gosh, it's amazing how the transition from summer to the school year has limited my time on the DIS. I think if I start getting even MORE productive with homework, it will be easier for me to find time to get on the DIS. I'll probably need it by then. I also love coming on during the vacation months :goodvibes

That AKV room is very nice. A person could definitely get used to having all that space and kitchen area, especially after being used to our value rooms. ::yes::

Oh, it was... FANTASTIC! I just don't know if anything can compete with AKL for me. I've stayed in a value too, which I did enjoy for the food court, but I just loved AKL. They had so much to do. That's the reason why if I go back to WDW, I want to stay at Poly, which has similar theming or WL.

The last day is bittersweet. You are so happy to still be there pressing every ounce of magic out of the last hours, but you know that leaving looms large at the end of the day.

It is very bittersweet, the trips go by way too fast :sad2: You took the words right out of my mouth. I think that's why we always go back again and again, because there was still a lot that we missed and new things to explore :thumbsup2

Hello My Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious Readers!

I'm so sorry my updates have been so inconsistent! I've just been so busy with school and stuff it's just taking forever. I just wanted to let everyone know that I haven't forgotten about my TR and Double-PTR, but I do have another setback as well. Today, my laptop has broken on me once again. This time I'm pretty sure it is a short circuit, since the battery keeps on going out after I hear it spark off in my laptop so it's obviously in protection mode. I'm hopefully going to figure out what the problem is quicker than the last time my laptop went crazy. So, now it's just crossing my fingers that it isn't too serious :/ The reason I'm telling you this is, my Disney photos were saved on there and I don't think any of them are on here yet, so I have to upload from my handy-dandy back-up flash drive (they must be preserved!), but this computer does take awhile to upload stuff like that, so it may be awhile, in between my school and social life, an update won't be in the works for maybe a bit of time, but I just wanted to let you know, so it isn't like I abandoned this. My PTRs will still be running as smooth as usual since I didn't need those pictures. I'm actually going to go write an update right now!

!Adios!

Timmy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter