When Ducks Attack&Monorails Don't Work! A July '12 TR **new 3/17

This update makes me want to be at the Animal Kingdom right now. Sounds like a great morning!

Glad Joey enjoyed his ride on EE!

Looks like you had a good safari. Love seeing all the little wart-hogs running around!

I loved the safari, the warthogs were too cute- they were so tiny!

This update makes me want to be at the Animal Kingdom right now. Sounds like a great morning!

Me too- I love Animal Kingdom in the morning, wish I could go there tomorrow morning instead of school!

July 9th

We made our way to Camp Minnie Mickey and had to wait with a small crowd of people for about ten minutes before we could enter (CMM didn't open until 10)
Then we had to wait in the FOTLK line for about 5 minutes. When they opened the doors, we went all the way across and got seats close to the front (we were like third row back)

This was our first time seeing the show and I was super excited! The camera wasn't working so I took all the pictures on my iPod lol
e2a90784.jpg

2f2a2f47.jpg

8532cc91.jpg

We were in the Elephant section!
35ee3378.jpg

bd3df024.jpg

35ca8eba.jpg

f164d2cc.jpg

ffeba123.jpg

Bad picture, but I absolutely LOVED her dress!
645e7bbf.jpg

I'm glad we finally got to see Festival of the Lion King- it was really cute and I so want to see it again!

After the show, we were hungry for some lunch, so it was time to hit up one of my absolute favorites- Flame Tree BBQ!

119.jpg

120.jpg

121.jpg

123.jpg

124.jpg

My mom and I got an order of Barbecued Chicken Salad - with mixed greens tossed with barbecued chicken and 1/2 Slab of St. Louis Ribs and split them between us
125.jpg

126.jpg

128.jpg

Johnny got the Pork Sandwich
127.jpg

Dad and Joey got the 1/2 Slab of St. Louis Ribs too, I think

After a delicious lunch, everyone had to take a bathroom break (except me, ew public restrooms)

But while I was sitting on a bench waiting for everyone, look who walked by!
129.jpg

130.jpg

131.jpg

Russell and Dug! And Dug waved to me awwwwww

It was time to head out now, everyone was getting sleepy
132.jpg

I'm always fascinated by the posters/ads they have on the buses
135.jpg

My favorite show (the season premiere is TOMORROW!)

136.jpg

I thought they spelled "theaters" wrong (you can't tell by the picture but they spelled it "theatres") but apparently that's the theatrical way of spelling it, or something like that

When we got back to the Contemporary, I took an hour long nap before we all went to the pool
138.jpg

We spent the rest of the afternoon at the pool, where we had to make a decision- where to eat dinner tonight? Hmm...

Up Next: To the Tropics!

MickeyisBeast said:
I want to stay at BLT very badly, it looks amazing, I hope you get to stay there!

Oh I totally agree, I'm not a big fan of the walk, I'd much rather take the monorail, but unfortunately the walk is waaaay faster!

Welcome and thank you!

Really, all I know is it's an Olympus and works pretty well. We still are trying to figure it out though, the flash is weird and whenever I set it to "no flash" it still uses flash or the flash pops up and does this weird thing where the light go on and off repeatedly, but this is probably a user error LOL

1D and Bieber are defiantly the popular teen singers right now, who doesn't love 'em?

It sounds like you have the same Olympus that I have. It is a DSLR Olympus E-520. The strobe flash thing has to do with the auto focus. I've found that if I'm zoomed in too much for what I'm trying to do, it will send of the strobes. It makes me so mad when I'm trying to take pics especially where there is supposed to be no flash. Love your trip report so far. Going to try to finish it tonight.

FOTLK is so much fun.

food looks good.

good update and pics.

It sounds like you have the same Olympus that I have. It is a DSLR Olympus E-520. The strobe flash thing has to do with the auto focus. I've found that if I'm zoomed in too much for what I'm trying to do, it will send of the strobes. It makes me so mad when I'm trying to take pics especially where there is supposed to be no flash. Love your trip report so far. Going to try to finish it tonight.

That's good to know- I'll have to take a look at the camera because the strobe light is annoying. Thank you!

FOTLK is so much fun.

food looks good.

good update and pics.

I agree, it's one of my favorite shows now!

July 9th

It was reaching dinner time, so our plan was to head to the Polynesian for some Captain Cooks!

Just a quick monorail ride away..
DSC03181.jpg

DSC03182.jpg

DSC03183.jpg

DSC03184.jpg

I got the 1/3 lb Angus Bacon Cheeseburger
DSC03185.jpg

Johnny got Cheese Flatbread
DSC03187.jpg

I don't remember who got what but,
One of my parents got (what looks like the) Multigrain Turkey Club
DSC03188.jpg

And one of my parents got... I don't know what it's called, because I can't find it on the menu at the moment, hmm
DSC03186.jpg

We sat outside and ate our dinner, it was really nice out so I didn't mind!
After we ate, Joey and I wanted to go to Hollywood Studios, while Johnny wanted to go back to the hotel (probably to watch a Yankee game). So my dad went back to the Contemporary with Johnny, and my mom, joey, and I caught a bus to Hollywood Studios!

DSC03190.jpg

Our first stop? To get Joey some snacks, since he didn't want dinner
DSC03191.jpg

Popcorn and soda, yum

Let's get moving again... on our way to our next stop...
DSC03192.jpg

Art of Animation! We had to wait outside while Joey finished his food, and then, of course, he needed a bathroom break. Finally, we were ready to go in. We waited for a few minutes before we were let in! This time, we drew Chip
DSC03193-1.jpg

After our lesson, we went to One Man's Dream and walked around
DSC03195.jpg

DSC03196.jpg

DSC03197.jpg

DSC03198.jpg

As we got to the end of the walk through part, I overheard a group of people saying how they needed to get in line for Fantasmic if they wanted seats. I told my mom we better go too then, so we skipped the movie and made our way for Fantasmic! When we got to the "line" (it was more of a big crowd) it was already packed. We waited for a good 10-15 minutes, and it was the worst part of the wait. There were some foreign people in front of us, and the dad and son kept like play fighting with each other, and they would constantly be kicking us and hitting us with their gigantic backpack. They were very obnoxious and we were all getting pretty pissed at them. Luckily, they started to let the crowd in. It took about another 30 minutes to get to the entrance of the show, but soon we were FINALLY sitting down!

DSC03199.jpg

I had to put on my glasses so I'd actually be able to see what was going on

*continued in next post*

continued

We haven't seen Fantasmic! In YEARS, so I was pretty excited
DSC03200.jpg

DSC03201.jpg

DSC03203.jpg

DSC03204.jpg

DSC03205.jpg

DSC03207.jpg

DSC03208.jpg

DSC03210.jpg

DSC03211.jpg

DSC03212.jpg

DSC03213.jpg

DSC03214.jpg

DSC03215.jpg

DSC03216.jpg

DSC03217.jpg

DSC03219.jpg

DSC03220.jpg

DSC03221.jpg

DSC03223.jpg

DSC03224.jpg

DSC03225.jpg

DSC03226.jpg

*forgot to mention- we saw the second show since we were too late for the first show!*

It was awesome, such a great show!
Once the show ended, we decided to just wait there a little bit because we didn't want to join the stampede of people leaving. While we were sitting there, there was a HUGE bug on one of the girls behind us! Of course their group starts freaking out, and then we start freaking out too, because a few minutes later, there was another one! The bugs were GIGANTIC, I would've taken a picture, but I was too disgusted

We decided to leave and avoid any more bugs! We ended up at RNRC, but the line was just too long, so we decided to do something else.

Star Tours!
DSC03228.jpg

DSC03229.jpg

Joey got to be the rebel spy! That was cool, I love how they do that

After our ride, we all wanted some ice cream. So Joey and Mom went to get some while I sat on a bench and people watched, my favorite thing to do
DSC03232.jpg

We relaxed on the bench for a little while, ate our ice cream, and people watched. When we were done, it was midnight. We decided to call it a night, I think DHS was open until 1, but we felt we had accomplished everything we wanted to that night. We got back to the Contemporary at 12:30 and went straight to sleep!

Up Next: Howdy!

Two updates filled with all my favorites! Love, Love, Love FOTLK-So glad you finally got to see it! Can't beat Flame Tree! Gotta love going over to the Poly for some Captain Cooks. Animation Academy! Your Chip is really good! :) And, of course---Fantasmic! The best way to end your evening at DHS!

omg perfect

Two updates filled with all my favorites! Love, Love, Love FOTLK-So glad you finally got to see it! Can't beat Flame Tree! Gotta love going over to the Poly for some Captain Cooks. Animation Academy! Your Chip is really good! :) And, of course---Fantasmic! The best way to end your evening at DHS!

FOTLK was such a good show, I'm so glad I got to finally see it too! We hadn't seen Fantasmic in forever, it really is the best way to end the night :-)

July 10th, 2012

Today we had late lunch/early dinner reservations at Whispering Canyon Cafe, so we decided just to relax until noon.

I sat out on the patio and relaxed
DSC03233.jpg

DSC03234.jpg

DSC03237.jpg

DSC03238.jpg

I think this was the day when the ducks attacked! Joey, Johnny, and my mom were out on the patio and a duck was really close to them and waddled over to the patio. A normal duck would see humans and run away, but this duck came right over to them and wasn't afraid at all. Joey says it attacked him, but I have no evidence LOL

After relaxing for a while, we all got ready and made our way to the dock!
We didn't have to wait long for a boat, we got right on
3465deaf.jpg

DSC03239.jpg

DSC03240.jpg

DSC03241.jpg

DSC03242.jpg

There was one other guy on the boat with us. He must've been at the Contemporary for business because he was dressed up nice and had a brief case, plus the Contemporary is where all the business people are. He asked my dad to take his picture, and my dad did. A few minutes later he asked my dad to take his picture again, so he did. I guess my dad didn't take any good pictures because the guy started taking some selfies!

The boat ride was short and sweet and in no time we were at the Wilderness Lodge
DSC03243.jpg

DSC03244.jpg

DSC03245.jpg

It's beyond cool there, I'd love to stay there
We still had some time before our reservations so we waited in the lobby
004-1.jpg

005-1.jpg

a14200c8.jpg

After a few minutes, we checked in and were seated instantly
Our waitress was Asian and I loved the way she kept saying "Howdy" to us, her accent made it entertaining!
DSC03246.jpg

DSC03247.jpg

Cool drinks!
DSC03248.jpg

The cornbread was probably one of my favorites, if not my favorite, part of the meal... it was BEYOND amazing
DSC03249.jpg

We ordered the Canyon Skillet (smoked pork ribs, oven roasted chicken, and pork sausage served with cowboy beans, corn on the cob, western slaw, herb crushed potatoes, and fresh baked cornbread) for my dad, my mom, and me.
DSC03250.jpg

DSC03252.jpg

DSC03254.jpg

Johnny had the Slow-smoked Pulled Pork Sandwich
DSC03253.jpg

And Joey had Kansas City-Style Smoked Pork Ribs
DSC03251.jpg

I thought the food was yummy, I've had better though. Joey didn't like that the ribs weren't dry rub, but I really enjoyed the BBQ sauce they put on the ribs it's delicious! Just very messy

When we finished out meal, our waitress made us origami horses!
DSC03255.jpg

They were really cool, I still have mine! She showed us that if you flip it's tail and it will flip around and land back on its feet! Super cool :-)

Up Next: Search for a Magnet

July 10th, 2012

After a nice lunch, everyone went back to the room except Joey and I, we hopped onto the monorail and made our way for the Grand Floridian! Joey had a present to get

DSC03257.jpg

We looked around for 30 minutes- going up and down between the stores in the lobby, before we FINALLY found a Grand Floridian magnet!
DSC03259.jpg

The lady that checked us out asked if we were staying at the Art of Animation because we had a new design of room cards. We told her we were staying at the Contemporary and she seemed surprised because she hadn't seen a lot of those kinds of cards

We went back to the Contemporary afterwards and took a little break... before heading to Epcot!
DSC03261.jpg

DSC03262.jpg

Joey and I wanted to do the new Perry World Showcase Adventure thing that took place of Kim Possible
DSC03263.jpg

DSC03264.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

I did Mexico and Joey did Germany. It was alright, I didn't find it that enjoyable. It's pretty much the exact same as Kim Possible, but I felt like I liked KP better

After our missions, we got ice cream in France!
DSC03265.jpg

017.jpg

After ice cream, Johnny, Dad, and I were apparently lame and left, which Mom and Joey stayed and rode Mission Space
025.jpg

027.jpg

We stopped at the little "grocery" store like shop at the Contemporary, which is kind of hidden, to get my dad some chips
DSC03267.jpg

And we called it a day

Up Next: The Best Thing I Ever Ate

July 11th, 2012

This morning we were headed to the Magic Kingdom. Dad, Johnny, and I wanted to take the monorail and Joey and Mom wanted to walk from the Contemporary.
DSC03269.jpg

When we got to MK there was a HUGE line to get in
DSC03270.jpg

I'm unsure of who got to MK first, but Johnny, Dad, and I had a little complication. Johnny got gum stuck all over his hands so they had to go into the bathroom to take care of it while I waited outside the restrooms for them. I waited a while and my Dad told me to go meet my Mom and Joey because it was going to take a while.

Well while we were having the gum fiasco, Joey and Mom had managed to get Sorcerers of the Kingdom cards and were waiting for me at Sleepy Hollow.
032.jpg

033.jpg

034.jpg

035.jpg

I met up with them and told them about the gum situation and that Dad and Johnny would be coming soon. In the mean time, I wanted to get what I came here for!
My Nutella Waffle!
DSC03275.jpg

040.jpg

I had been waiting all week to eat one of these and finally I got the chance! It was soooooooooooooooooooo good!

DSC03276.jpg

Mom and Joey shared a funnel cake
038.jpg

While we ate Joey filled me in about the card game
DSC03277.jpg

The Prince Phillip card was my favorite
DSC03278.jpg

My waffle was soo filling, I couldn't eat it all! It was all so good (except I don't like blueberries as you can tell by the picture)
DSC03279.jpg

Soon my Dad and Johnny joined us! As soon as they got there, it started pouring rain
DSC03280.jpg

Luckily the rain didn't last long, and once it started to slow down we made a run for it! Johnny and Dad went to get Splash Mountain FPs while Joey, mom, and I did Sorcerers.
DSC03282.jpg

DSC03281.jpg

DSC03283.jpg

DSC03284.jpg

We came upon our first station thing
DSC03285.jpg

DSC03286.jpg

It's actually a cool game, Joey had really been looking forward to it all week.
DSC03287.jpg

DSC03288.jpg

DSC03289.jpg

We did a few stations and at our second or third one it started raining again! We ducked for cover near Mickey's Philharmagic.
DSC03291.jpg

DSC03294.jpg

continued in next post

July 11th, 2012

We told Johnny and Dad to meet us here since they were still off getting FPs.
DSC03295.jpg

It finally stopped raining and Johnny decided to call it quits, so he went back the Contemporary on his own while the rest of us stayed and rode the Haunted Mansion
DSC03296.jpg

DSC03297.jpg

DSC03298.jpg

DSC03299.jpg

DSC03300.jpg

DSC03301.jpg

DSC03302.jpg

We were going to ride It's a Small World but the line was crazy long. Instead we completed more sorcerer adventures
DSC03304.jpg

By this time our fast passes were ready!
DSC03308.jpg

DSC03310.jpg

DSC03311.jpg

DSC03312.jpg

DSC03315.jpg

My notes say we didn't get very wet, which was good! I hate getting wet!

After our ride Joey and Dad went to get Space Mountain FPs for later and Mom and I went to the Emporium.
DSC03317.jpg

DSC03318.jpg

I got a keychain Vinylmation!
DSC03319.jpg

Joey got a Perry pillow pet, mom got the earrings pictures above and a charm.
After our shopping we hopped back on the monorail to the Contemporary.

I sat down near the gift shops at CR and opened my box up to see which Snow White character I got...
Grumpy!
DSC03321.jpg

DSC03322.jpg

DSC03323.jpg

Mom did some shopping, she got an ornament and a tinkerbell coffee cup.

Candyland was my favorite game- I want this version!
DSC03324.jpg

The boys met up with us and went to the Arcade.
We went back to the room and took a break. I had to wash my feet because my rainbows and rain turned the bottom of my feet brown!
041.jpg

044.jpg

Too gross!

continued in next post

July 11th

After I cleaned my feet I took a little nap. While I was sleeping my brothers and mom were out on our patio, and this little guy came!
045.jpg

They said that that little ducky had no fear and came so close and "Attacked" which is where we get the first half of our title!
046.jpg

047.jpg

Bye bye duck!
048.jpg

By now it was 5:40 and everyone was well rested to head back to MK! This time we all walked over.

We had to take our traditional picture with Goofy (he was back this trip! For the past few trips before this one they had removed the Goofy bench!)
051.jpg

Then it was time for Space Mountain!
DSC03325.jpg

I was really excited because it was finally my turn to sit in the front! If you remember correctly the past two times we rode SM this trip Johnny and Joey got the front while I was stuck in the second seat.

Well guess what.

There were five of us. And six seats.

So a party of 1 girl got my front seat! I was so upset. Front seat on Space Mountain is my absolute favorite! ): Ugh. Darn party of 1 girl.
In my notes I wrote "I figure [party of 1 girl] had the time of her life since she was screaming in my ears the whole time" looks like my grumpy keychain fit my personality that day lol

It was nearing dinner time and since we were close by we headed to Cosmic Rays
DSC03326.jpg

DSC03328.jpg

DSC03329.jpg

DSC03330.jpg

DSC03331.jpg

DSC03332.jpg

DSC03333.jpg

After dinner Joey and dad went to ride the cars and my mom, johnny, and me went to go check out the Jungle Cruise.
On our way there a lady told me she liked my Aladdin shirt :goodvibes

When we got to JC the line was 55 minutes long so we decided to go for a whirl around Pirates instead!
DSC03334.jpg

I ended up getting wet on POTC because a bomb "dropped" right next to me!

After our pirates adventure we went back to the Jungle Cruise where Joey and Dad were supposed to meet us, and we waited but they never came, so we hopped in the much shorter line for the Jungle Cruise.

Our skippers name was Clarence and he was really funny!
DSC03335.jpg

DSC03336.jpg

DSC03337.jpg

DSC03338.jpg

DSC03339.jpg

DSC03340.jpg

continued in next post

july 11th

After JC we met up with Dad and Joey and we all had to ride Its a Small World since it's my mom's favorite
DSC03341.jpg

During one of the scenes the little girl behind us goes "Is this California?!" hahaha she was super cute

DSC03342.jpg

DSC03343.jpg

DSC03344.jpg

DSC03345.jpg

DSC03346.jpg

DSC03347.jpg

DSC03348.jpg

DSC03349.jpg

DSC03353.jpg

DSC03354.jpg

DSC03355.jpg

DSC03356.jpg

DSC03357.jpg

Next stop was the Barnstormer! On our way over there a CM told me she loved my shirt! I was getting tons of compliments lol!
DSC03358.jpg

We waited in line for about 10 minutes
DSC03359.jpg

DSC03360.jpg

DSC03361.jpg

DSC03362.jpg

DSC03363.jpg

DSC03364.jpg

DSC03366.jpg

DSC03367.jpg

continued in next post

July 11th

We bypassed Dumbo, even though I wanted to ride it and it only had a 20 minute wait ): Instead we took a whirl around the teacups!
DSC03369.jpg

DSC03370.jpg

DSC03372.jpg

DSC03373.jpg

DSC03374.jpg

That was our fastest ride yet! I remember reading somewhere that if you put your hands in the air it makes the ride more thrilling, so that's what we did and it really worked!

After that we decided to call it a night
DSC03376.jpg

Mom and the boys walked home while dad and I waited FOREVER for a monorail
DSC03378.jpg

DSC03379.jpg

continued in next post

July 12th, 2012

I woke up around 9:50, we packed up our beautiful Contemporary room and we left about an hour later at 10:55.

I guess I didn't take any pictures this day, and that's all I wrote in my notes.

We had a long 9 hour drive back to NC and my dad had work the next day, so we said our goodbyes and were on our way back home.

We're actually not going to Disney this summer. I think we've been going to Disney every summer since 2008 or 2009, we're trying something different this year. I think we'll be going to the beach for a week instead. I know we'll be going back to Disney soon, there's so much new stuff we need to see! :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter