When Ducks Attack&Monorails Don't Work! A July '12 TR **new 3/17

MickeyisBeast

DIS Veteran
Hello! Welcome to my trip report!

We were in WDW July 5th-12th and spent the week at the Contemporary Resort! It was hot, crowded, and there was a lot of walking, but it was a great trip and I can't wait to share it!

Who:
I'm Sarah, I'm going to be a junior in high school, and I am, obviously, obsessed with Disney- I've been 15 or 16 times. I've written a few Trip Reports, and I love writing them :-)
047-2.jpg

Cinderella is my favorite princess, Peter Pan is my favorite hero, and Captain Hook and the Evil Queen are my favorite villains.
My favorite ride is RNRC or Expedition Everest. I love all the monorail resorts, I can't pick a favorite!

My brother John, he's a year younger than me and has been to Disney one less time than I have
015-1-1.jpg

His favorite ride is RNRC (or EE too). During the trip he spent his down time at the arcade and playing ping pong.

My other brother, Joe. He's 13 and has also been to Disney one less time than I have
032.jpg

His favorite ride is Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, but after this trip, he's got some new favorites too! During the trip he also spent his down time at the arcade and playing ping pong.

My Mom and Dad, they're the ones who make our Disney trips happen
My Dad loves riding the monorail, it's his favorite thing to do. He also likes sitting out on our room's balcony/patio and relaxing.
055-1.jpg

My Mom is the one who rides the thrill rides with us. She also likes sitting out on our room's balcony/patio and relaxing. Mom and I were the ones who did the shopping, and Disney shopping is the best!!
006-1-1.jpg

When: July 5th-July 12th 2012

Where: Disney's Contemporary Resort

Why: Because it's our summer vacation trip! We have Annual Passes (well, had, we didn't renew them after this trip) and needed to get one more trip before they expired!

OUR TRIP VIDEO!
It'll def give you some previews of what I'm going to be writing about in this Trip Report, and I'll probably be referring back to it throughout this TR.

I hope you join along and enjoy reading! :wizard:

OH MY GOD, you guys got to draw Flynn Rider?! Jealous! :)

I'm joining in. Fun video! Love the Beverly reaction. LOL.

Did your brother draw that Flynn Rider, or is that the one the instructor did?

If it's his, your brother should be looking at a career as a Disney animator.

Subbing :goodvibes I am so excitied, you just got home all fresh from Disney, can't wait to read along.

Welcome! Yep, just got back a couple days ago, glad you're here!

Did your brother draw that Flynn Rider, or is that the one the instructor did?

If it's his, your brother should be looking at a career as a Disney animator.

My brother drew that one, I think all of ours turned our pretty well, but his was defiantly the best! His was also the best last year when we drew the Genie, he's a pretty good drawer

Im here and cant wait to hear all about your trip!

Also it looks like we have one thing in common...we both like one direction!!!!!!!!:cool1:

Thursday, July 5th

My brothers and I had woken up bright and early, at 5:45 (my parents had woken up before us, to get everything ready and pack up the car).

DSC02879.jpg

I had painted my nails Minnie Mouse style the day before
DSC02877.jpg

We got dressed, got all our belongings together, and put our pillows/blankets/travel bags by our seats in the car.
We didn't have to worry about our dog this morning, because we had dropped him off at "camp" the day before!

Before the car was packed:
002-3.jpg

After:
DSC02880.jpg

My mom did a really good job fitting everything in!

Once we were all settled in and we made sure we had all our stuff, we were on the road for a 9 hour drive!
007-3.jpg

It wasn't too bad of a drive, and before long we were at our usual Chick Fil A breakfast stop in SC!
009-3.jpg

I had a chicken biscuit- yum yum yum!

We don't stop very often, so whenever we have to stop for gas, we better use that opportunity for taking a restroom break! Except for me, I hate using public restrooms (even at Disney) so unless I absolutely have to go, I can hold it- lol!
011-3.jpg

Before long we had made it through SC and Georgia and saw this!
020-2.jpg

And then this
021-2.jpg

023-2.jpg

And this!
025-2.jpg

027-2.jpg

028-2.jpg

031-2.jpg

Finally at around 3:30- we made it to our new home for the next week!
032-2.jpg

DSC02883.jpg

DSC02884.jpg

DSC02885.jpg

DSC02886.jpg

While my mom and dad checked in, my brothers and I sat down in the lobby on some very comfy couches and hooked our iTouches up with the free wifi there while we waited.

Mom came over to us and we started walking to our room while Dad went to park the car in the parking lot closest to us.
DSC02887.jpg

DSC02888.jpg

We decided to wait for my dad so we could all walk in the room together
DSC02889.jpg

He didn't take very long and we were walking down the hallway again...
DSC02890.jpg

Turns out the CM who checked us in circled the wrong place on the map when showing us our room
DSC02902.jpg

Our room was actually, down the rest of that hallway, into the octagon and then turn left (to the building going vertical).

So would we like room 5135? Luckily it was on the first floor so we had a patio...
DSC02891.jpg

Up Next: It's Sad How I Know That

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter