When Ducks Attack&Monorails Don't Work! A July '12 TR **new 3/17

Love your nails, and the pictures of the Contemporary. Can't wait to see what your room looked like

~~~jP approved!!~~

Joining in! Not sure if you remember, but we posted on each others TRs a couple of years ago! I can't believe you're a junior in high school! :) (So is my youngest daughter!)

Can't wait to hear about your trip. Y'all are so lucky that you can wake up in the morning, and be at Disney before 4 that afternoon!

Hope you have some room pictures. We've never stayed at the Contemporary before.

Joining in! Not sure if you remember, but we posted on each others TRs a couple of years ago! I can't believe you're a junior in high school! :) (So is my youngest daughter!)

Can't wait to hear about your trip. Y'all are so lucky that you can wake up in the morning, and be at Disney before 4 that afternoon!

Hope you have some room pictures. We've never stayed at the Contemporary before.

Of course I remember! I know, half way done with high school- crazy!

It's really awesome that we could get there by four, we had plenty of park time! Don't worry, I've got tons of room pictures, the Contemporary rooms seem a little more spacious than other deluxe resorts we've stayed at, and they have the comfiest beds in the world

Can't wait to read more. We will be at BLT in less than 9 days...:cool1::cool1:

I'm jealous! Have a great trip!

July 5th, 2012

After the nine hour car ride, the check in, the waiting, and the walk to the room, we were finally standing outside the door to our new home for the next week!
DSC02891.jpg

We put the key card in and walked on in!

The desk/dresser/mirror area
DSC02892.jpg

When we stayed here back in 2008 they had computers on the desk. Now they've got free wifi so that was really nice!

The most comfy beds in Disney
DSC02893.jpg

The TV area and the couch that turns into a bed (where I slept, except on the last night)
DSC02894.jpg

Close up of the couch design
DSC02900.jpg

The entrance hallway/closets/fridge-kitchen area
DSC02895.jpg

The bathroom (the toilet room to the right)
DSC02896.jpg

We had scored first floor rooms! Because if you're on the second or third floor you don't get a balcony. You have doors that open up, and then like two inches and then railing, not cool.
DSC02897.jpg

Our view
DSC02898.jpg

The river ran by right behind the grass and boats would come by all the time
DSC02899.jpg

035-2.jpg

044-2.jpg

The new camera wasn't working so I set up shop to fix it up, since I am a technological genius
DSC02903.jpg

Turns out, whenever the memory is full it won't let you take any pictures but it won't even give you a warning that says the memory is full! So I uploaded all the pictures of my brother's baseball tournament to my laptop and deleted them off the camera so we would be ready to go for tonight!

We took a break in the room, the bellhop brought the bags to the room, so we were unpacking and then relaxing. My dad needed a good rest after driving all day.

At 6 o'clock we were ready to hit MK!
DSC02904.jpg

We walked back down the hallway
DSC02905.jpg

Into the main Contemporary building
DSC02906.jpg

And there was a monorail there waiting for us!
DSC02907.jpg

DSC02908.jpg

DSC02910.jpg

DSC02912.jpg

TIP/TRICK #1
It's actually quicker to walk to MK instead of taking the monorail, as we later found out, because the monorail goes all around the track and has to stop at three other stops before arriving at MK. If you wanna save time, try the pretty decent walk

We're here!
DSC02914.jpg

DSC02915.jpg

DSC02916.jpg

045-2.jpg

Continued in next post!

My favorite Princess' castle!
DSC02917.jpg

047-2.jpg

048-2.jpg

DSC02918.jpg

First stop- to get Fast Passes (which from here on out I will refer to as FPs) for Space Mountain!
049-2.jpg

050-2.jpg

051-2.jpg

DSC02920.jpg

Since we're here, why not ride a family favorite- the TTA!
DSC02923.jpg

052-2.jpg

054-2.jpg

It really is the best place to people watch, and I do love people watching lol

After our trip around Tomorrowland, we made our way over to another favorite- Pirates!
DSC02926.jpg

055-2.jpg

056-2.jpg

DSC02927.jpg

By now we were all pretty hungry, Joe wanted nothing more but to eat at Columbia Harbour House. Since it was pretty close by, we agreed on eating there.
DSC02929.jpg

While we were waiting to be told which little queue to go into to order our food, the lady directing people noticed my shirt. She asked me if I had gone to the One Direction concert and I told her I had and she goes "It's sad how I know that right" referring to knowing about them being on tour/their concerts. She gave us a menu and directed us to a CM to take our order.
Thank goodness for these menus because without my glasses I can't read the overhead menu signs.
DSC02930.jpg

Up Next: Fish and Chips!

The Contemporary looks really nice. I am hoping to try BLT as my next DVC resort. We'll see!

haha, yeah, the walk is faster but hey, you just got there, so the monorail is definitely more fun. :)

I'm subbing! So impressed so far with your TR and your number of posts!!!:cool1: Wow!

You mentioned you had a new camera, I am shopping for one as well, do you mind sharing what kind you got and if you like it?

I have a 13, 10, and 7 year old and we love One Direction and JB of course!

Have a great night!
Erin

So glad I got some pictures of the room. I'm dying to see one of the potty room-I never see one on any websites. Is there a door to close it off from the rest of the bathroom? I'm weird, I know!

Looks like your room was in a quiet location. Did you mind the walk back to the Tower to catch the monorail?

We ate at CHH for the first time during this past trip. Loved it! I will definitely eat there again! That's pretty funny about the lady working there knowing that 1Direction was on tour. :laughing: I only know because I have daughters, plus a few of my cheerleaders missed a meeting because they'd gone to a concert!

Hi there! DisneyDoc5 told me I must read your TR, so I had to check it out. My husband and I just sat here and read the entire report....GREAT:thumbsup2 Your family is adorable! I hope when my children are your age, they'll take over the TRs for me;)

Looking forward to more!
Heather

The Contemporary looks really nice. I am hoping to try BLT as my next DVC resort. We'll see!

haha, yeah, the walk is faster but hey, you just got there, so the monorail is definitely more fun. :)

I want to stay at BLT very badly, it looks amazing, I hope you get to stay there!

Oh I totally agree, I'm not a big fan of the walk, I'd much rather take the monorail, but unfortunately the walk is waaaay faster!

I'm subbing! So impressed so far with your TR and your number of posts!!!:cool1: Wow!

You mentioned you had a new camera, I am shopping for one as well, do you mind sharing what kind you got and if you like it?

I have a 13, 10, and 7 year old and we love One Direction and JB of course!

Have a great night!
Erin

Welcome and thank you!

Really, all I know is it's an Olympus and works pretty well. We still are trying to figure it out though, the flash is weird and whenever I set it to "no flash" it still uses flash or the flash pops up and does this weird thing where the light go on and off repeatedly, but this is probably a user error LOL

1D and Bieber are defiantly the popular teen singers right now, who doesn't love 'em?

So glad I got some pictures of the room. I'm dying to see one of the potty room-I never see one on any websites. Is there a door to close it off from the rest of the bathroom? I'm weird, I know!

Looks like your room was in a quiet location. Did you mind the walk back to the Tower to catch the monorail?

We ate at CHH for the first time during this past trip. Loved it! I will definitely eat there again! That's pretty funny about the lady working there knowing that 1Direction was on tour. :laughing: I only know because I have daughters, plus a few of my cheerleaders missed a meeting because they'd gone to a concert!

You know, I stood in front of the room with the toilet and contemplated whether it was weird if I took a picture of it or not, I ended up deciding against it, oops! There's a sliding door, just like the one leading to the main part of the bathroom, that opens it up/closes it away from the rest of the bathroom.

We did have a very secluded room, and the walk to get to the monorail was kinda lengthy, but it wasn't that bad. The only part that stunk, was going back and forth to fill up our mugs a couple times a day!

CHH has become one of my favorite quick services in MK, we try to eat there at least once a trip! One Direction have taken over, I haven't met a teenage girl who doesn't know who they are lol

Hi there! DisneyDoc5 told me I must read your TR, so I had to check it out. My husband and I just sat here and read the entire report....GREAT:thumbsup2 Your family is adorable! I hope when my children are your age, they'll take over the TRs for me;)

Looking forward to more!
Heather

Hello! Thank you, I'm glad you're enjoying it :-)

Yay for arriving!! Your first day sounds very productive!! :thumbsup2 I love Space Mountain so much! :love: And Pirates! :love: *Sigh* I wish I was back!

Joining in! Looks like this was a fun trip. Hopefully the sound on my computer will work so I can watch the video :-)

Yay for arriving!! Your first day sounds very productive!! :thumbsup2 I love Space Mountain so much! :love: And Pirates! :love: *Sigh* I wish I was back!

We did a whole lot in the first day, I was impressed! Ah, Post-Disney Depression, I've got it too LOL

Joining in! Looks like this was a fun trip. Hopefully the sound on my computer will work so I can watch the video :-)

Welcome Timmy, glad you're reading along! Hope you were able to watch the video!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter