When can you book Disney Collection?

I have been calling every day and still no luck...I do agree we are probably looking at a August release date...I hope what I will be available..:confused3

I'm gonna call Monday 7/23/07. Maybe if we bother MS enough someone might get some concrete dates for release.:thumbsup2

The last two people I spoke with said early August. :confused3 I was told by someone else the resorts I wanted were not available on 1/12 or 1/13 due to the Marathon. Maybe that will change when the new prices come out and people decide not to pay the higher prices. I am pretty annoyed since I would have booked the BCV the whole stay if I knew this was going to happen. Now, I just have to wait and see what is available.

Thought I'd bump this up a bit since we were on page 2 of this forum! I've been checking the DVC member website and as of 7/23 (happy b-day to me!:goodvibes ) at 5pm, no 2008 charts for the Disney Collection at WDW or DL.

Happy Birthday!:cool1:
Thanks for the bump and thank you for keeping us informed!:hug:

Thanks for the birthday wishes AllisonG and wintergreen! :goodvibes I just left a message with my guide (Glen Wilson) to see if he knew any information about when the 2008 point charts will be released for the Disney Collection (WDW and DL) since MS doesn't seem to know. Maybe he'll have some answers! :confused:

Well, atleast we're all working together on this. I really appreciate having this help when I have a newborn and 2 older ones hanging on me all day!!:hug:

We too are waiting for points charts for DL in '08.

MS told us to check back 'late August' a few weeks ago.

Wonder if rumoured changes to the DP are holding everthing up?:confused:

24 hours later and still no word from my guide on the point charts. Now maybe if I had also mentioned we were considering another add-on, he would have called me back the same day! :laughing:

Sent an e-mail to MS on this topic today. Here is the reply:

"Hello Alice,

Thank you for contacting Member Services.

We are hopping the first week in August.

Let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Have a Disney Day,"

I'm hopping too! Not sure if I can keep up the hopping for several more weeks, however, without collapsing from sheer exhaustion. Geez, this is taking a long time!

Okay, I was at least able to make a reservation for 008 (January) at the Disneyland Hotel. I had calculated what my trip would be based on 2007's point chart and it ended up being six points less for the six nights. So it looks like for the DLH at least, points have gone down a bit. I asked when the points would be available on the website for the Disney Collection and got an "I don't know". But at least I could finally make the reservation and it was less points which was very good news. I really hate the way they do this, they promote the heck out of DVC in Disneyland but I feel like they need to offer more in the way of customer service for booking those rooms on points.

Oh, I should add that my DVC Rep (Nelida who is in CA) called me on Wednesday of this week saying I could call Thursday. I did, and was told, call tomorrow. I did that on Friday and was told to call back later or today. So I called today, was put on hold forever while the MS person went "to look" and then finally came back and was able to book the reservation. I was holding my breath the whole time, I had already booked airfare, already had the kids all excited and it was making me crazy!

Okay, I was at least able to make a reservation for 008 (January) at the Disneyland Hotel.

Amy&Dan,
Was the Disneyland Hotel the only one you could book with points? Also, did they mention if the Concierge Collection was available?

Thanks
Cora

Amy&Dan,
Was the Disneyland Hotel the only one you could book with points? Also, did they mention if the Concierge Collection was available?

Thanks
Cora

That was the only one I asked about, I should have asked what else was available so I could have posted on this thread! I was just so overjoyed that I finally could book, I almost passed out from relief and shock!

No problem. I will call tomorrow and hopefully I can book the Grand Californian for Feb.
Thanks...the waiting has been awful!

No problem. I will call tomorrow and hopefully I can book the Grand Californian for Feb.
Thanks...the waiting has been awful!

I know what you mean, my trip is over MLK weekend and since those hotels sell out most every weekend I was really getting worried. However my DVC rep assured me that no reservations, cash, pkgs., dvc whatever could be made so I would be fine. But I agree, the waiting was awful and extremely frustrating! I cannot imagine the GCH isn't available to book as well. Good luck!

I heard someone say that when they release the points for Non-DVC WDW resorts that the points will be 2008 and 2009. They are now supposed to be doing the points in 2 year increments. Time will tell. :confused3

This morning I was able to book the Grand Californian for Feb 2008. MS said Disney Collection was available to book, however she said something weird that WDW may not be available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter