• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When can you book Disney Collection?

Just booked our stay at the DLH for June 2008! :cool1: :banana: :yay: :woohoo: For the 4 nights we booked, it was the same as 2007 points. I tried to book 3 nights at the Hotel Del Coronado (Concierge Collection), but MS said they "anticipate" those point charts towards the end of August.

I was able to book the Grand California Resort this morning for 6/22 to 6/28/08! The points were higher for 2008 for this time period, but with the DD's school schedule this was the earliest we could go. I'm just happy I was able to get the reservation set.

The 2008 Concierge Collection was still not available to book.

I was able to book the Grand California Resort this morning for 6/22 to 6/28/08! The points were higher for 2008 for this time period, but with the DD's school schedule this was the earliest we could go. I'm just happy I was able to get the reservation set.

The 2008 Concierge Collection was still not available to book.

We are looking to go for this same time period. Do you know how much higher the points were?

Also, any word on then the charts will be available on the members website?

Thanks!

Standard room was 6 points higher per night than 07. They must have pushed the end of June into the higher category. In 07 points for standard room was 24, they are 30 for 08.

February also went up 6 pts.

yikes, not what I wanted to hear :headache: but thanks for the information just the same. We can call on Saturday to make our ressies. I'm still looking forward to the trip but I thought I had the points all worked out and then they went and raised them. :sad2:

Interesting - DW and I have a wedding to attend in the LA area in January, so we had wanted to book a room at the DLH. After seeing these posts today, I called and booked for Sunday and Monday on MLK weekend 2008. The points I was quoted are 18 per night, as opposed to 19 per night in the 2007 point chart! :woohoo:

The official points charts are still not shown on the DVC member site, :confused3 but hopefully they'll be up soon.

I just got off the phone and have booked for Paradise Pier for Feb 08. I had asked about DLH and they said standard view was 18 (down from 19) for Sun-Thur and 27 (down from 30) for Fri and Sat. I guess it all depends when you are going and which hotel. FYI - a one-bedroom suite which sleeps 5 at DLH is 39 Sun-Thur and 63 Fri-Sat for Feb 08, and a one-bedroom suite which sleeps 5 at Paradise Pier is 37 Sun-Thur and 60 Fri-Sat for Feb 08.
HTH
Laura

Booked CGH for may 25 &26th, points were the same as 2007 chart. Asked about DTD view and standard.

waiting here also for GC at DL for July 2008 and Jan 2008.

Went through this when Dvc did not have the pts for the 2008 cruise too the Mexican Riviera and Panama CAnal but they were booking people anyway....:confused3

[QUOTE="Got Disney";20088361]waiting here also for GC at DL for July 2008 and Jan 2008.

Went through this when Dvc did not have the pts for the 2008 cruise too the Mexican Riviera and Panama CAnal but they were booking people anyway....:confused3[/QUOTE]

I booked GC last week for 08

Cora, did you say you booked a room at the Grand Cali for February? I am looking to use my ponts to book 2/23-27 and hope the points are the same as 2007 - do you know?

doombuggy,
Yes, I made it for Feb and GC for Garden Concierge went up 8 pts.
Good luck...we're there 2/19 &20.
Cora

doombuggy,
Yes, I made it for Feb and GC for Garden Concierge went up 8 pts.
Good luck...we're there 2/19 &20.
Cora

Called today and GC for Reg season June through Sept has remained the same:thumbsup2 444 pts for Concierge Sat-Frid that is for park or pool view....Garden concierge is 412

So can you tell me...have you done there concierge before and is it worth the extra pts? we dhave the pts just want to know if it is worth using them?

Also DLH has remained the same during that season but PP has gone down a few.

[QUOTE="Got Disney";20095468]Called today and GC for Reg season June through Sept has remained the same:thumbsup2 444 pts for Concierge Sat-Frid that is for park or pool view....Garden concierge is 412

So can you tell me...have you done there concierge before and is it worth the extra pts? we dhave the pts just want to know if it is worth using them?

Also DLH has remained the same during that season but PP has gone down a few.[/QUOTE]

I've never done concierge at DL. I opted for this since it will be only myself and my son. DH has to stay home. I thought by using concierge it would make it a bit easier on us/me.

I just got off the phone and have booked for Paradise Pier for Feb 08. I had asked about DLH and they said standard view was 18 (down from 19) for Sun-Thur and 27 (down from 30) for Fri and Sat. IHTH
Laura

When I called on Saturday for GC (2/23-2/27) they quoted me 138 points, which is up quite a bit from 2007 (111 points). I asked about the points for DLH, but the number for Fri-Sat was different that was Imwells was told.....

Maybe I need to call back again - I did not make the reservation, b/c the points difference would basically wipe out what I have for my 10/07 UY.

When i called last Saturday, I was quoted the following for GC standard: 30 pts per night Sun-Thurs, 48 points per night Fri-Sat. That's up 6 points for weeknights & 9 points for F-S.
I thought I asked for a 2nd quote for DL standard, but maybe this is premium view: 24 points for Sun-thurs & 38 points for F-S.

Standard room was 6 points higher per night than 07. They must have pushed the end of June into the higher category. In 07 points for standard room was 24, they are 30 for 08.

called today for June rates MS said they're working on posting on website

6/15-6/19

PP Standard 18
DL Standard 24

6/22-6/26

PP Standard 23
DL Standard 30

Asked if they had cash rates available; CM had no idea; said to call DL direct:confused3

is it worth my while? not even sure if they offer a discount

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter