Wheelchair/Handicapped Accessible Room Locations and Measurements

Discussion in 'disABILITIES!' started by SueM in MN, Jul 30, 2006.

1. Disneylvr

Disneylvr Always Disney Dreaming!

I too was astonished at the rooms types at POP. Once I finally understood them, I changed from a standard wheelchair accessible with roll in shower w/ 2 queens to a standard wheelchair accessible tub room with 2 queens. Thankfully the room type was available and this was at just 4 months out. It will be easier to bathe DD in a tub.

SueM in MN and RaySharpton like this.
  2. RaySharpton

RaySharpton Retired and going to Disney.

BWV studio roll in shower room locations?

I’ll be staying in BWV this December 2019 in a Standard Studio with a Roll In Shower.
    I chose that particular type of Standard Room and it is called “Deluxe Studio – Standard View, Wheelchair Accessible with Roll-In Shower and Option for Hearing Accessibility”.

But I can’t find those rooms in the room locator.

I did find the following room, “Building 1 - Disney’s BoardWalk Villas North Building-Standard Studio View
    Room 1048”, but it is a pool view and the size on the map makes it look like a one bedroom. That is the only room and it is not designated on all of the floors.

I realize that guests have to report these rooms to be accurate for others to view and that might be why they may not all be shown in the room locator.

I found these other studios with roll-in showers with pool view, etc., listed below.

Building 1 - Disney’s BoardWalk Villas North Building-Standard Studio View
    Room 1048, 2048, 3048, 4048, & 5048-(BUT THIS IS A POOL VIEW)

Building 2 - Disney’s BoardWalk Villas North Building-Standard Studio View
    Room 1070, 2070, 3070, 4070, & 5070-(BUT THIS IS A POOL VIEW)

Building 1 - Disney’s BoardWalk Villas North Building-BW Pool/Garden Studio View
    Room 1048, 2048, 3048, 4048, & 5048-(BUT THIS IS A POOL VIEW)

Building 2 - Disney’s BoardWalk Villas North Building-Pool Studio View
    Room 1070, 2070, 3070, 4070, & 5070-(BUT THIS IS A POOL VIEW)

Building 1 - Disney’s BoardWalk Villas North Building-Boardwalk Studio View
    Room 2047-(No other rooms and the first floor is a store)

Can anyone add any more STUDIOs with ROLL IN SHOWER?

3. mamabunny

mamabunny DIS Veteran

We have had the same problems trying to find all the HARIS rooms at BWV; I feel like they are *there* we just aren't finding them LOL. I really do want to stay there, but I need a Roll-in-shower with 2 beds. Don't care about the view, just some day, I hope to find that room actually exists there! :) When you are there, could you maybe ask the Concierge, or the front desk to list out those rooms for us? That would be so helpful!

RaySharpton likes this.
  4. RaySharpton

RaySharpton Retired and going to Disney.

Hi, mamabunny. I would be glad to ask for you.

I found some other threads with maps showing where the BWV rooms are located, but it doesn't show which are handicap accessible with roll-in showers.

mamabunny likes this.