Wheelchair/Handicapped Accessible Room Locations and Measurements

I can't imagine for the life of me why they would remove all of the wall-mounted benches from the roll-in showers.

Just checking in to see if anyone has photos of a renovated accessible room at POP with two Queen beds and roll in shower. That is what we have reserved for our November trip. Those mesh benches that Bill posted a photo of have me worried and also how tight the room will be with the table bed pulled down.

Just checking in to see if anyone has photos of a renovated accessible room at POP with two Queen beds and roll in shower. That is what we have reserved for our November trip. Those mesh benches that Bill posted a photo of have me worried and also how tight the room will be with the table bed pulled down.

Page 1 of this thread, post #19 @FortForever posted a picture of the table bed in the lowered position with an ECV parked between the bed and the window.

And for the record, I'm not a fan of those mesh "benches" (more like torture slings) that we see at POP right now. Everyone who stays there - and doesn't like them - needs to let POP Management know why they don't work (and Disability Services as well). They have zero incentive to change those back to wall-mounted fold down benches unless they *know* there is a problem.

Page 1 of this thread, post #19 @FortForever posted a picture of the table bed in the lowered position with an ECV parked between the bed and the window.

And for the record, I'm not a fan of those mesh "benches" (more like torture slings) that we see at POP right now. Everyone who stays there - and doesn't like them - needs to let POP Management know why they don't work (and Disability Services as well). They have zero incentive to change those back to wall-mounted fold down benches unless they *know* there is a problem.

Thank you! That post and others in the thread provided exactly the info I was looking for. However, now I am even more worried about that mesh bench. I hope they can provide a sturdier one for us upon request.

Thank you for sharing your Disneyland experience as a quadriplegic. My husband is a quadriplegic in Massachusetts and we are relocating to the villages in Central Florida. My husband is 62 and test never has never been to Disney World and his life. I was so excited to read your blog and see that it is possible for him 2 enjoy and experience Disney World for himself as a quadriplegic.
Can you please tell me do you use a regular slide board or is there something special that is used to enable you to get on the rides

Thank you for sharing your Disneyland experience as a quadriplegic. My husband is a quadriplegic in Massachusetts and we are relocating to the villages in Central Florida. My husband is 62 and test never has never been to Disney World and his life. I was so excited to read your blog and see that it is possible for him 2 enjoy and experience Disney World for himself as a quadriplegic.
Can you please tell me do you use a regular slide board or is there something special that is used to enable you to get on the rides

@Judy Carter - you might want to make a new post, and ask your question there; you may get more answers since this thread is for hotel room info. :) Start at the main DISabilities page, and then on the right hand side, look for the dark blue box that says "Post New Thread". That way, you will get the best possible response to your questions!

And :welcome:

I just got back from a stay at Saratoga Springs. I was using an ECV (Pride Victory 10) rented from Gold Mobility Services. I stayed in the Grandstand Section in room 9107. This is NOT an ADA-designated room. However, I didn't need those accommodations, just space to park the ECV. The unit is a 1-bedroom and had a plenty of space to park my ECV in the entryway of the unit. It could have fit a second one as well. The unit is on the ground floor, so no need to fight an elevator. Also, the Grandstand was the first bus stop at Saratoga Springs to be picked up and the first to be be dropped off. I often got off at The Springs stop (the last one) so there were less people on the bus to maneuver around when getting off and "drove" the ECV back to my room.

Hope this is helpful to someone.

Here is a link to a thread on the Resorts Forum with several pictures of the recently refurbished POP rooms. This is a new wheelchair accessible 2 queen bed room with roll-in shower. Many thanks to poster @RaySharpton for sharing.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...oom-review-with-photos.3692568/#post-59452322
This shower set up at Pop Century looks even worse than what I had. Who would put the shower seat around a tight turn into the shower. You can't even get close the the front of the seat for a transfer.

Pop Century room 0203 roll in shower 021.JPG
Pop Century room 0203 roll in shower 022.JPG

This shower set up at Pop Century looks even worse than what I had. Who would put the shower seat around a tight turn into the shower. You can't even get close the the front of the seat for a transfer.

View attachment 336207
View attachment 336208

@BillSears isn't that basically the same setup as at POFQ and POR? Or do you think it's narrower between the front edge of the seat, and the wall? Without measuring, it looks like the shower has approximately the same length, and maybe the same size door opening, but the width is smaller than POFQ/POR?

And *still* not happy about that sling seat... dang. I'm sorry, but at least with the wood or plastic/laminate benches, those could be sanitized with solution and a bit of elbow grease. Unless they are removing that mesh fabric from the sling seat, and replacing it for every Guest... ew...

It's a weird stall for WDW, I don't think I've seen this type yet. The actual shower area has a turn to get into it. In the area with the seat there are 3 walls surrounding it instead of the big opening for mys roll-in showers. The sink is inside the same area as the toilet and shower. Normally Disney has these sinks outside of the bath area. I suspect this is the arrangement in the 2 queen bed rooms instead of the rooms with 1 king bed.

Anyone have any information on rooms at the Poly with a roll-in shower? I've seen some photos of tub bathrooms but was wondering. It's our first visit to WDW (eee!) and I requested a 2-bedroom, 1 daybed room with roll-in shower.

Anyone have any information on rooms at the Poly with a roll-in shower? I've seen some photos of tub bathrooms but was wondering. It's our first visit to WDW (eee!) and I requested a 2-bedroom, 1 daybed room with roll-in shower.

I posted, here in this thread, with pictures from our trip in 2016.

You may not get that exact room when you book, but it should give you an idea of what the room and bathroom layout is like.

We really enjoyed the room, and had plenty of space.

It's a weird stall for WDW, I don't think I've seen this type yet. The actual shower area has a turn to get into it. In the area with the seat there are 3 walls surrounding it instead of the big opening for mys roll-in showers. The sink is inside the same area as the toilet and shower. Normally Disney has these sinks outside of the bath area. I suspect this is the arrangement in the 2 queen bed rooms instead of the rooms with 1 king bed.

OK - I spaced out and totally missed your reply - so I'm sorry!

(with apologies to Andre' at PortOrleans.org, I "amended" his floorplan layout to show what a 2Q HARIS (Handicapped Accessible Roll In Shower) room at POR/POFQ looks like)

POR-POFQ HARIS room layout.png

Is this the bathroom layout they are using at POP, where the bench is attached to the "divider" wall?

OK - I spaced out and totally missed your reply - so I'm sorry!

(with apologies to Andre' at PortOrleans.org, I "amended" his floorplan layout to show what a 2Q HARIS (Handicapped Accessible Roll In Shower) room at POR/POFQ looks like)

View attachment 344582

Is this the bathroom layout they are using at POP, where the bench is attached to the "divider" wall?

It looks like it. I've only been in the king sized rooms so I haven't seen it but this layout looks like the Pop rooms with 2 beds.

It looks like it. I've only been in the king sized rooms so I haven't seen it but this layout looks like the Pop rooms with 2 beds.

Does the King HARIS at POFQ have a different bathroom layout? I confess, I have never stayed in a King HARIS at WDW anywhere because I always have a family member willing to tag along! :)

Does the King HARIS at POFQ have a different bathroom layout? I confess, I have never stayed in a King HARIS at WDW anywhere because I always have a family member willing to tag along! :)

Yes it does. It has a much bigger roll-in shower.

Take this regular king room and modify it this way. The entrance door is straight across to allow a bit more space in the room. The bathroom has been enlarged a couple of feet out. There is a curtain between the room and the sink area instead of the barn door type. The shower is where the tub would be. It's got the terrible mesh bench but the controls are within reach of someone sitting on the bench.

E.T.A. the roll in shower does not have that corner to turn around like the two beds room. Instead it's one big open area with a shower curtain.

pop-century-057a-floor-plan.gif

Last edited:
We will be at POFQ next month in a HARIS; I have been told by a (reasonably reliable) source that they did *not* replace the hard plastic benches there during the most recent room renos.

Obviously, if that info is incorrect, someone is going to be heading to CVS or Walgreens to get a shower bench!

I will try to get pictures of everything, including the shower and the bench!

I'll be at POFQ in March. So hopefully they still have the good benches.

In September I'm trying out All Star Movies. Hopefully I'll get a renovated room with a hard bench. No idea if that's what they have but it's what I'm hoping for.

OK - *FINALLY* I have pictures - and most importantly! - MEASUREMENTS from our stay at POFQ during the first week of September 2018. All rooms at POFQ have now been renovated, and I have to say that the new hard floors are *so* nice for wheels - except when it's raining, then I found myself wishing there was an interior door mat to "wipe" my wheels on!

On to the pictures!

One of the things I *love* most about POFQ is the "roundabout" in front of every HA room door! This lets you line up straight on the door, so that you aren't trying to roll in at an angle from the sidewalk. Regardless of whether you have a chair or an ECV, it's *very* handy.

roundabout.jpeg

Please remember that some measurements will be slightly different, simply due to furniture placement within the room (for example, all beds may not be exactly flush to the wall, all armoires may not be pushed all the way back to the wall, etc.)

room-1.jpeg

room-2and3.jpeg

room-4.jpeg

bath-1.jpeg

bath-2.jpeg

bath-3.jpeg

bath-4.jpeg

shower-1.jpeg

shower-2.jpeg

I know I probably missed some measurements, but I hope this is helpful! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter