What's up with Montel and Sylvia Browne??

MomofKatie said:
Well, depending on which side of the aisle you fall on, that could be an accurate statement- A Dem didn't actually take office, but... ;) :teeth:

The "first Bush Election" was in 1988, and Dukakis(DEM) lost by a sound margin. :thumbsup2

I don't know about Sylvia Brown, but there are legit psychics out there in my opinion. I didn't believe it until I started watching Psychic Detectives on Court TV.

The psychic would say she had a vision that the murderer was wearing blue overalls and had greasy hands and lots of grease under his fingernails. When the police finally caught him, it turned out he was a mechanic. Pretty chilling stuff.

Anewman said:
The "first Bush Election" was in 1988, and Dukakis(DEM) lost by a sound margin. :thumbsup2
Oops, sorry! I thought she was referring to the first G. W. Bush election (in 2000)- I didn't even think about George Senior!!

Anewman said:
And it goes both ways...

Just because you DO believe in it, doesn't make it REAL.
Not from what I've seen. It's real, it's not a belief but an observation of psychic phenomena. But you don't have to take my word for it. Most psychics are QUITE aware of others' opinions on the matter. :)

The following is an interesting link for those who believe in her "powers". James Randi issued her a challenge years ago to prove her abilities with a 1 million dollar reward. Even though she accepted the challenge, she has yet to go through with it.

http://www.randi.org/sylvia/index.html

Laura said:
Not from what I've seen. It's real, it's not a belief but an observation of psychic phenomena. But you don't have to take my word for it. Most psychics are QUITE aware of others' opinions on the matter. :)

I would be very interested to read the scientific studies that support this statement.

minkydog said:
I would be very interested to read the scientific studies that support this statement.

You can not debate with a person that feels their own belief("observation") is fact and the belief of others is just an opinion.

I :love: Sylvia Browne...I have watched and watched her on Montel. :goodvibes

She does not appear or seem fake to me at all. :goodvibes

She has helped allot of people over the years. :goodvibes

I only wish her nails were shorter...how does she do anything with nails THAT long. :confused3

MomofKatie said:
Oops, sorry! I thought she was referring to the first G. W. Bush election (in 2000)- I didn't even think about George Senior!!
Yes you're right! I completely forgot about Bush senior too.

jenimay said:
I believe people can have psychic ability but she just rubs me the wrong way.
I've seen bits and pieces of her, and the 2 things that stand out as being predicted wrong is before the first Bush election she said that a democrat would be elected president. Also she said that this 2006 year would be a bad hurricane/natural disaster year. Unless these last 2 months are bad, this year has been pretty tame.

no one is right 100% of the time. and she did say that Bush would be voted in again and he was.

Anewman said:
You can not debate with a person that feels their own belief("observation") is fact and the belief of others is just an opinion.
All I can say is I know what I've seen and it's real. It isn't really important to me that you agree with me about psychics. I know it's against others' religions and all that, and I'm not trying to change anyone's minds. I just don't like it when all psychics are called fakes; I think it's disrespectful. :)

Laura said:
All I can say is I know what I've seen and it's real. It isn't really important to me that you agree with me about psychics. I know it's against others' religions and all that, and I'm not trying to change anyone's minds. I just don't like it when all psychics are called fakes. :)

I understand and respect your OPINION. :thumbsup2

I agree with MInkydog, they pick up on little que's, but start off with something very general.

I'm usually at work but today I was home & happen to come across M. Williams show. I watched her for about 10 minutes and had to turn it off. First, she looked bored, like she didn't want to be there & like the people were bothering her with stupid questions.

Nothing she said sounded like anything amazing, although the questions weren't anything amazing either. It's weird though how when someone asks about a departed loved one, that loved one is right there, right away. She doesn't even pretend to wait to hear from someone.

The one time I had a reading was at a birthday party (I'd never pay for that stuff). The guy said I liked to swim & I'd have several kids. I'm not good at swimming, afraid of water over 5' deep and never wanted and never had kids.
Guess they didn't splurge on that guy. :rotfl:

LiLIrishChick63 said:
no one is right 100% of the time. and she did say that Bush would be voted in again and he was.

So did Rush Limbaugh, he must have the gift too.

But seriously, if they are not right 100% of the time... Doesnt that equate to guessing? :confused3

I definitely do not believe she's communicating with people's dead relatives.

Anewman said:
So did Rush Limbaugh, he must have the gift too.

But seriously, if they are not right 100% of the time... Doesnt that equate to guessing? :confused3

no. the only person who is perfect(and i say perfect because if you're right ALL the time, you're perfect) is God. and she's far from being God.

she's said that New York was gonna have bad weather and we've already had a state of emergency to 4 counties and been delcared a natural disaster, and winter hasn't even started yet.

she's helped a lot of people with medical problems too. she tells them "get such-and-such of yours checked" and they do any they end up finding the problem. and she's helped people get closure who have lost loved ones and have had a hard time getting over their loss.

LiLIrishChick63 said:
and she's helped people get closure who have lost loved ones and have had a hard time getting over their loss.

She has also helped herself to a multi-million dollar fortune...

Sylvia rubs me the wrong way also. She comes off as a smart butt! That being said, yes I think she is real. She talked about Brad and Jennifer, Reese and Ryan years ago. I remember when she annouced about Brad and Jennifer the whole audiance gasps in shock.

I have a friend who is a physic. Some of the things she has said would curl your toes. I've seen her tell people down to the day when a love one will die or be buried. I've seen her tell people that love ones want make it till the end of the year. She told me about a guy I would meet 3 years before I actually met him. Once she told me where I would be when my car died. She told my mother that she would be able to see what water outside her bedroom. :rotfl: Several years later my parents put in a pool and yup you can see it outside her bedroom.

We had an employee to still almost 30k out of our company checking account. The employee jumped bail and took off. One day my friend called and said you will find so and so at this hotel in Panama City Beach, Fl. Sure enough we called the hotel and the employee had been working cleaning rooms, but had quit 20 minutes ago and was in the process of cleaning out her room. The local PD called the PCB, PD and they caught her loading her last suitcase in her car. Since this was her 3rd time (no we didn't know about the other 2) she is now serving life in prison.

Those are just a few things that I have been told over the years.

Anewman said:
Now that is going out on a limb :thumbsup2

just because you don't agree with her or with what other people believe, doesn't mean you have to get sarcastic about it.

New York doesn't really get "bad weather" we just get snow or rain. nothing really out of the ordinary.

when's the last time you heard them declare a State of Emergency in Western New York?? and then declare us a Natural Disaster Area???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter