What's up with Montel and Sylvia Browne??

toystory1130

Mouseketeer
OK, I have to ask. Everytime I surf through I see her on his show. Why don't they just change it to the Sylvia Brown Show??
I also wondered how many believe she's phychic and how many think she's a fake??

I don't get to watch Montel that often since I'm at work, but from what I remember, Sylvia comes on his show every Wed. I've seen her quite often and believe most of what she says. I really like to watch the New Year Eve show where she makes predictions for the next year. Some of it comes true and some of it doesn't. I guess it's to each their own to believe her or not.

They seem to have a pretty good friendship. I respect Montel and if he believes in Sylvia I do, too. Although, there are times when I think she's making stuff up off the top of her head - particularly with the questions from the audience.

She reminds me of the Vegas mind readers who picked people out of the audience and told them all about themselves. I think she has the same credibility as the phone psychics.

Sylvia Browne is not fake. I have read many of her books and watch her on Montel every Wednesday. If she wasn't good at what she does then she wouldn't have a five year waiting list for a reading. No psychic is 100% accurate but Sylvia has one of the highest accuracy ratings.

KRIS10420 said:
Sylvia Browne is not fake. I have read many of her books and watch her on Montel every Wednesday. If she wasn't good at what she does then she wouldn't have a five year waiting list for a reading. No psychic is 100% accurate but Sylvia has one of the highest accuracy ratings.

You make a good point about her waiting list. I have a friend who has been trying to get a reading with her since 2000 when her kids were murdered.

I once worked part-time as a telephone psychic. Are they all fake? No, but there ARE some real ones out there. I wouldn't dial-a-psychic, though. The best readings (and your best BS meter) comes from having them done in person.

Is Sylvia for real? I think so.

Fake.

The best psychics are incredibly good at reading peoples emotions and psychology.They never really "know" a person, it only appears that way. They say "there is someone here, a man I think, who passed over recently(or long ago,or whatever...) Their name begins with a K or J(well that describes half the menin america). Do you know who this is?" and teh person plays right into it, saying" Oh yes, my brother Kevin/Uncle John/my dad Jeff!" Right there, she's got 'em...It goes on with statements like "He wants you to know he's watching over you(swoon) and he has prevented you from a recent traffic accident(who could argue with that--we have 250million cars on the road every day?)" and the person is leaning in now, eager to hear more.the psychic says "Jeff/John/Kevin says he knows you want to make an important decision and he says it's okay. It will turn out alright" And darned if the person won't just spill the beans right there! "Oh, yes, I'm thinking of quitting my job/looking for my birth mother/going to college!" and the psychic says" Uncle John/your brother/your dad says it will be okay. He's proud of you". Tears flow and the psychic is hailed as the 8th wonder of the world. :rolleyes1

Totally fake. I watched a show on 20/20 once with supposed psychics and the persons who went for the reading just refused to give them any emotional feedback, refused to verify whether they were right or wrong. the Psychics got so upset , every one of them told the persons that "the spirits are muddled, it's unclear" or accused them of not cooperating. :confused3 If they're psychic why do you have to give them verifying info? Why do they have to ask questions and pull more out of you? Psychics are just good salesmen.

Fake, parlor tricks. Heck, a broken clock is right twice a day.

minkydog said:
Fake.

The best psychics are incredibly good at reading peoples emotions and psychology.They never really "know" a person, it only appears that way. They say "there is someone here, a man I think, who passed over recently(or long ago,or whatever...) Their name begins with a K or J(well that describes half the menin america). Do you know who this is?" and teh person plays right into it, saying" Oh yes, my brother Kevin/Uncle John/my dad Jeff!" Right there, she's got 'em...It goes on with statements like "He wants you to know he's watching over you(swoon) and he has prevented you from a recent traffic accident(who could argue with that--we have 250million cars on the road every day?)" and the person is leaning in now, eager to hear more.the psychic says "Jeff/John/Kevin says he knows you want to make an important decision and he says it's okay. It will turn out alright" And darned if the person won't just spill the beans right there! "Oh, yes, I'm thinking of quitting my job/looking for my birth mother/going to college!" and the psychic says" Uncle John/your brother/your dad says it will be okay. He's proud of you". Tears flow and the psychic is hailed as the 8th wonder of the world. :rolleyes1

Totally fake. I watched a show on 20/20 once with supposed psychics and the persons who went for the reading just refused to give them any emotional feedback, refused to verify whether they were right or wrong. the Psychics got so upset , every one of them told the persons that "the spirits are muddled, it's unclear" or accused them of not cooperating. :confused3 If they're psychic why do you have to give them verifying info? Why do they have to ask questions and pull more out of you? Psychics are just good salesmen.
And I've known psychics whom I haven't said a WORD to, and they know exactly what I've been up to that day. It depends on the person. Absolutely some are shysters. But they're not psychic. I don't know any psychics who've done those sorts of things. They don't have to.

It's not easy being a REAL psychic. You get bombarded with all sorts of thoughts and feelings and visions that aren't yours, and it's hard to sort them out. Fortunately, I'm not very psychic at all, so this doesn't happen to me much.

Just because you don't believe in it, doesn't make it all fake. :)

minkydog said:
Fake.

If you ever watch Sylvia though, she doesn't do that. I've never heard her pull the "J" trick to try and narrow it down that way. She doesn't hesitate (often interrupts) and comes up with VERY detailed answers. Could she be a fake? Maybe. But she doesn't resort on the same parlor tricks that the stereotypical con-artist psychic relies on.

Some of her end of the year predictions are pretty wild too. She predicted Brad and Jen's divorce well before anyone even knew he *might* be hooking up with Angelina on set.

I have seen her in person and she told my dd who she will marry , I will let you know if it happens. But i think she's real.

I believe some of what she says. Alot of psychics are fake, but I do believe that there are some real ones.

I went to one when several years ago. She didn't pull those tricks on me. In fact, I didn't say a word to her the entire time and she told me things about my past that she couldn't possibly know. Details about my past, details about me that would not pertain to anyone else.

Sylvia Browne is a little hard to take. She comes up with many things that you couldn't possibly verify..(Who your spirit guide is??). That being said I 100% believe that there are some who are psychic. I was read about 6 years ago by John Edward. This was over the phone (He was at a local radio station) and with no prior knowledge of my calling. He was SOOOO right on so many things that it left me with an absolute feeling that those of our loved one who have crossed are still part of our lives. They still see what is happening. He gave not olnly answers that were pretty specific to me but also particular to that time in my life at the time. My Mom gave me very specific advise that even to this day I use. It left me comforted knowing that although my parents aren't here to see my kids grow up...they still can see my kids grow up. Believe me, I'd rather have the pick the phone type of coversation with them but since I can't, I'll take this way. Amy :sunny:

Sylvia is on every Wednesday. and occationally she co-hosts a Friday show.

i enjoy when she's on the show and i've read a few of her books, and been to some of her lectures.

they're a lot more to her than the whole "Psychic" thing. she's a very spiritual person and all about love and God and i really like how she talks about God and heaven and such.

and if you actually payed attention, she does get a lot of things right when she's asked a question. i don't believe she knows EVERYTHING but i believe she knows some things. i think we all have a bit of "psychic" in us. haven't you ever had a bad feeling about something and it turned out that what you were thinking actually happened?

and lots of people around the world have claimed to have seen ghosts and spirits and such, so she's not the only one. i haven't(thank God because i would probably have a heart attack) but i've heard people say they've seen things.

minkydog said:
Fake.

Sylvia has NEVER done a "someone has passed, a man with a name beginning with K or J" she will tell the person directly "you're grandfather, Peter, is standing right behind you" and she's always right. you're thinking of John Edwards.

but what you're talking about isn't a psychic, that's a Medium. completly different thing. John Edwards is just a medium, sylvia is a psychic and a medium.

I believe people can have psychic ability but she just rubs me the wrong way.
I've seen bits and pieces of her, and the 2 things that stand out as being predicted wrong is before the first Bush election she said that a democrat would be elected president. Also she said that this 2006 year would be a bad hurricane/natural disaster year. Unless these last 2 months are bad, this year has been pretty tame.

a fellow dissboard member said:
Just because you don't believe in it, doesn't make it all fake.

And it goes both ways...

Just because you DO believe in it, doesn't make it REAL.

jenimay said:
before the first Bush election she said that a democrat would be elected president.
Well, depending on which side of the aisle you fall on, that could be an accurate statement- A Dem didn't actually take office, but... ;) :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter