Whats up with all the Farting ?

I can't believe I read this thread, and it is hilarious:)
I think this a wonderful opportunity for another "upcharge" for WDW. Have tent like structures at all the long line attractions and charge $25.00 for the day to be able to use these tents when needed. I can bet there will be people standing in line for these!!!!!!!:stir:

YES!!!!!!!!!!!! We were at Disney for Thanksgiving and that was the one thing I noticed in every wait line, it was horrible! I attributed it to many days of junk food, but it was unbearable!!! I never noticed so much farting before, I was baffled.

not at Disney but on a flight to Disney... I had a small gassy child sitting next to me... I don't know what his parents fed him, or if it was gas from the flight... but man I was so excited when we landed. Sweetest kid... but man oh man did he smell.

Imagine : you dream about eating a big fat turkey leg all year long...then, there you are, you didn't go to the movies, so you would be able to save for your big vacations at Disney, you didn't buy any kind of stuff. There was a beautiful handbag (a Coach Handbag !!!) but no, you restrained yourself. You have to go to Disney!
So finally you are there, the Lady just gave you the humongous turkey leg, a well roasted leg, that has been carefully seasoned and inyected with salt water and smoked for perfection, then you give it a big bite, when suddenly , a man close to you liftes up his leg, and with no respect at all, for you , or the dead turkey that gave up its life so you would have the best turkey leg ever, Farts, and the smell is hideous, horrendous, but he has a big smile on his face, he knows that he is going to do the same ,when he goes around the cart where they sell the Mickey´s ice cream bar, because he does not care, he does not eat at Disney, he doesnt want anybody to spoil his meal......

Saw this as a suggested post and was curious.

saradela asked where its culturally ok. According to my MIL, Korea. She does it all the time and says it's normal back at home. Says it's healthy.

And the Korean word for it is "bongo", which makes our trips to the west (?) side of Disney Springs amusing.

I haven't experienced excessive farting, but I do remember a time a few years back when someone clearly couldn't hold it in any longer. We were all in the stretching room of the haunted mansion when a person released his SBD. It was rank. Like, he must have eaten nothing but Doritos Locos Tacos for 4 days to cook up something this rank. Bad. And it happened right as we entered the stretching room so we all got to smell it the entire time our ghost host was welcoming and frightening us prematurely. The gentlemen next to me kept making comments under his breath such about how terrible the smell was and wiping his eyes. His wife (who, by the way, I suspect as the culprit) would echo his sentiments, but did so with a hint of a smile on her face as though she was holding in laughter... or perhaps something else. Other people were more discrete and would simply put their hands up to their nose to try and block the smell. When the door finally opened, it was like the running of the bulls. We all had to get out of there.

So I am standing in the stretching room....and say in a loud voice.....DANG IT, THIS ISN"T THE STITCH RIDE!!!!! One of the best times I have ever had at Disney was watching my sweet Mama gag after Stitch belched that hot dog...no hot dog EVER smelled like that and my Mama was locked in to the seat. It was priceless :smooth:

Well I don't know what it is about the dark queues, but I always have the misfortune of standing behind or near a guest who let's one rip in Haunted Mansion, Pirates and Space Mountain!!! Perhaps these brainacs think that if they do it in the dark no one will notice!?!?!?!

I haven't experienced excessive farting, but I do remember a time a few years back when someone clearly couldn't hold it in any longer. We were all in the stretching room of the haunted mansion when a person released his SBD. It was rank. Like, he must have eaten nothing but Doritos Locos Tacos for 4 days to cook up something this rank. Bad. And it happened right as we entered the stretching room so we all got to smell it the entire time our ghost host was welcoming and frightening us prematurely. The gentlemen next to me kept making comments under his breath such about how terrible the smell was and wiping his eyes. His wife (who, by the way, I suspect as the culprit) would echo his sentiments, but did so with a hint of a smile on her face as though she was holding in laughter... or perhaps something else. Other people were more discrete and would simply put their hands up to their nose to try and block the smell. When the door finally opened, it was like the running of the bulls. We all had to get out of there.

Um, sorry about that

If it makes you feel better I have since sworn off Taco Bell

While this thread is really very funny, I am going to get serious. I have read that the normal, HEALTHY body farts exactly 14 times per day. Not so for me. Mine must have been in the HUNDREDS. I am a woman in my 60's.
I wish so much that I had a warning, so that I could delay it until I got to a bathroom, but no such luck there. My warning is less than one second, and as much as I try, it just cannot be held back. So I am truly sorry if it may offend anyone. I started taking an enzyme just before every meal, and that does help a lot. BUT .... it doesn't take it away completely. I started taking this enzyme when I started a new job. My supervisor needed to sit with me in my tiny office cubicle, to train me on the computer with my new job. So you can imagine my embarrassment. It may have something to do with my love of sweets ?? Maybe I should wear a sign on my back saying "Sorry to Offend anyone".

I really wish I was able to control my gas as well as some of the others posted. Of corse, me being me, I would use this power for evil rather than good. Anytime someone invaded my personal bubble in line they'd get a green cloud. Pushing into me won't get anyone onto Pirates any faster.

I think the bigger problem to concern ourselves with are odors everyone has control over. Every hotel room I have ever stayed in has a shower, but people become nose blind to themselves. In stead of bugspray Disney should hand out deodorant. And don't confuse body spay with a shower, that only makes you smell like Axe and spoiled cheese.

I have read that the normal, HEALTHY body farts exactly 14 times per day.
It's nice to know one thing about me is normal!
But I'll say as someone who has terrible gas in the other direction (belching) at times, please don't be embarrassed! You can't control what you can't control, and anyone who means anything to you will understand.

this post is sooo honest!! to all Disney Fans here is a new item to add to your packing list: Gas pills!
I been taking them with me to the parks for years, it helps with the discomfort of "holding" the fart AND it completely takes the smells from them if it scapes!! let's be serius is not like there is a bathroom around every corner and there are lines for it too!, imagine you holding your gas while rushing thru a crowd to reach the restroom and usually there is also a line for the stall and then you finally get to release after maybe a good 15 min? No wonder people just cut the cheese wherever they are!
take the pill a hope for a silent smell free fart!

The previous post just reminded me of something I think I will share. It was MANY years ago when my brother's 3 kids were in the range of 6, 7, and 9 years old. Here was my brother with a block of cheese at the kitchen table. He was cutting it with one of those tiny cheese saws. All three kids erupted with laughter and giggles. Now, giggles from a 6 year old is pretty funny. Us adults had not yet heard the phrase "Cutting The Cheese", but the kids had to explain it to us! It was just so hysterical hearing it from laughing little kids! LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter