What's the most DANGEROUS JOB at Disneyworld?????????????

Touche, Buzz. I apologize for the characterization. But I'm curious, do they not give you as CMs the right to enforce the rules? If someone refuses to obey park rules, what do they tell you is the appropriate course of action? Seems to me like if there are going to be park rules, there have to be people willing to make sure said rules are followed.
There's a lot I could say here... but it really does depend on the situation. I'll take a very different approach to a child wearing Heelies than I will with someone assaulting a CM, for example. It's like the old saying goes: Choose your battles wisely... and honestly, I'm not interested in screaming at kids all day for being kids. They don't like it and their parents don't like it. Oh, I'll say something, sure... but I'm not about to call Security or Management over it.

It's the same with smoking. Some folks see a guest smoking and assume we CMs don't say anything. Some don't, but a lot of us do... which still doesn't stop the guests from blowing a cloud of smoke in our faces and sneering "I paid thousands of dollars to be here and I'll smoke wherever I please."

The most dangerous / stressful job at WDW? (IMHO) Anything having to do with FastPass -- specifically, FastPass Return or FastPass Merge.

I dont know if they were just going somewere there not supose to but i heard that somecast members had died working at primevil whirl and the skyway:hmghost: :hmghost:

Custodial is really not that bad.

Don't worry, it's not too bad. You get used to it after awhile.

Yeah, you get used to people telling you that you've ruined their entire trip because their son/daughter can't see Mickey/Snow White because he/she has to go feed Pluto/check on the Dopey. Mama bears can come out in full force when that happens!
:scared1:

this month? definately the CM distributing the rental strollers!

this month? definately the CM distributing the rental strollers!

Yes, and those people having to take reports from all the parents who's rental stroller was taken. And the reports from parents who's personal stroller has disappeared.:eek: Not so much dangerous as frustrating dealing with angry parents who paid a boatload of money to rent a plastic bucket on wheels to haul around their tired, hungry and cranky children - who are now even more tired, hungry and cranky since their parents have had to make them walk from fantasyland to the front of the park - all the way huffing, puffing and fuming over the loss of the stroller.:scared:

Not so much dangerous as frustrating dealing with angry parents who paid a boatload of money to rent a plastic bucket on wheels to haul around their tired, hungry and cranky children - who are now even more tired, hungry and cranky since their parents have had to make them walk from fantasyland to the front of the park - all the way huffing, puffing and fuming over the loss of the stroller.:scared:

You do know there are other places you can get a replacement stroller rather than having to walk all the way back to the front gates, right?

During my Keys to the Kingdom Tour, our guide told us that Tinker Bell gets 8 hours of "hazard pay" just to spend the one hour she does to fly. I believe he said that she has to weigh in an hour before flight and then once again about 15 minutes before flight.

Heck, anyone coming after me to step on a scale should be the one voted to have the most dangerous job! :laughing:

Whatever they pay Tink - it is not enough!. Let's see that job description - 'must be willing to attach to a body harness suspended from a castle turret, leap off the turret during a nighttime fireworks presentation and slide down a 1000 foot guide wire in a pitch black sky'.

DisGal
:cool2:

I would not want to be doing any work on or near the propane barge used for Illuminations in WS lagoon.

Whatever they pay Tink - it is not enough!. Let's see that job description - 'must be willing to attach to a body harness suspended from a castle turret, leap off the turret during a nighttime fireworks presentation and slide down a 1000 foot guide wire in a pitch black sky'.

DisGal
:cool2:

Ok, maybe I'm nuts ...

BUT

If I was about 100 pounds lighter, and well ... probably a couple of inches shorter ... I would be the first one in line to be Tink. Seriously ..

Way back in the day, in highschool, I got to do a tour of the costume department .... sigh ... let's just say I saw the marker board with the height/weight req. and unless I meet a magical fairy, I won't be Tink or a Princess anytime soon.

Sounds like an E Ticket Ride to me! :rotfl2: :thumbsup2

Where do I sign up? :cool1: :banana:

Course I am 6 feet tall and 200ish pounds. Not sure what I would look like in green tights and not sure I want too know. :lmao:

Apparently the most hazardous job is whomever posts the hours on the webpage, They can't get anyone to do it.....

My vote would acutally be for Tink, but the Reddy Creek FD is certainly up there.

The CM's who measure the little kids to see if they are tall enough to ride....then have to tell the parent- sorry not tall enough!

Bev

Not neccessarily a dangerous job, but....

What about the boat drivers on the seven seas lagon or bay lake? Having driven a boat most of my life, I think the boat drivers should get a nod: having to contend w/ wind, storms, whatever, PLUS the darkness at night, or the stupid people being 'funny' and jumping off...

Not neccessarily dangerous, but definitly stressful. Not to mention having to deal with the "Is this a three hour tour?" jokes.. rode the boats twice last time we were there, and heard it three times.

This year's most dangerous job was the poor CM at Casey's that had to explain to me that all of the hot dog buns were whole grain!!

What kind of a hot dog is served on a whole grain hot dog bun!:confused3

Mickey's new healthy alternative!!

Very dangerous - I like my junk food as junk food!!:sad2:

As far as the CM that has to tell guests that a character has to leave goes, I think that the worst one would have to be the CM with Jack Sparrow. With how little he is available and all. It's not the little kiddies I would be worried about upsetting. At least they have an adult to reel them back and comfort them. It's the women I would fear!! All of these gals that have waited to have their pic taken with their "true love" could get pretty ugly when they are told that Jack has to return to the Pearl!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter