Whatcha Reading?

MrsPinup

3 cups. cups, cups, cups, cups, cups
I love to read books and love to read highly recommended books...maybe some of you can relate. I have been known to read my kindle while waiting in long ride lines to help pass the time....

Please share what you are currently reading and maybe give a recommendation for or against.

I just finished the Wideacre trilogy by Phillipa Gregory. Great series....a little twisted, but a great set. Tonight I am starting The Help.

I love to read books and love to read highly recommended books...maybe some of you can relate. I have been known to read my kindle while waiting in long ride lines to help pass the time....

Please share what you are currently reading and maybe give a recommendation for or against.

I just finished the Wideacre trilogy by Phillipa Gregory. Great series....a little twisted, but a great set. Tonight I am starting The Help.

Hello fellow reader!!:hug:I too love to read. I just finished The Secret Daugther and really enjoyed it. Please tell me what you think of The Help, I wanted to read that one. I just opened up Still Alice - have you read that one?:)

I've been reading with the Dis Boards book club.
There is a thread on the Podcast forum.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2749497

We all just finished The Hunger Games. Very good book and really makes you think. I'm on the second one now.

But one book is not enough for me. I also just finished Clive Cussler's Atlantis and will start another one of his books next. I also read some of Sue Graftons's books and a few of James Patterson's Women's Murder Club series.
I've kind of been in to mysteries lately.

I'm in the middle of 2 right now. I'm about 1/2 way through Carroll's Alice in Wonderland. Never read the book when I was little and thought it would be a fun read. The other... the Sweet Valley High Series. I can't believe I'm reading them again, but I read the Confidential Book when it came out a few months ago and found all my old books so I'm rereading them again. :sad2:

What can I say? It's a summer of reading that requires no thinking at all. :goodvibes

Since you are on the DisBoards website i am assuming that you are a fan of all things Disney. The book series that I am reading is for children and is in fact in the child section of the book store, but is great and will bring back tons of memories of the park from when you were a kid till now :love:. It is call "The Kingdom Keepers." Its about Four kids who are holograms at Disney and weird things that happen to them when the villains :maleficen are trying to take over the parks. It is a low level read but is a great book to just sit by the pool :beach: and escape to "The best place on earth" while you're stuck at home. Hope you enjoy! :goodvibes

Hello fellow reader!!:hug:I too love to read. I just finished The Secret Daugther and really enjoyed it. Please tell me what you think of The Help, I wanted to read that one. I just opened up Still Alice - have you read that one?:)
I haven't read either of those. So far, I am 1/4 the way through The Help and cannot put it down!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2749497[/URL]

We all just finished The Hunger Games. Very good book and really makes you think. I'm on the second one now.
Thanks for the link! I read the Hunger Games series earlier this year and LOVED them! DH and I are looking forward to the movie :)

I'm in the middle of 2 right now. I'm about 1/2 way through Carroll's Alice in Wonderland. Never read the book when I was little and thought it would be a fun read. The other... the Sweet Valley High Series. I can't believe I'm reading them again, but I read the Confidential Book when it came out a few months ago and found all my old books so I'm rereading them again. :sad2:

What can I say? It's a summer of reading that requires no thinking at all. :goodvibes
There is a book that is hard to come by that has all of Carroll's stories that Alice told him. I can never remember the title, but my best friend got her hands on this rare book and says it's amazing. I will ask her again what the title is. I too miss the SVH days. Reading them as an adult you see so much more sexual things that you didn't notice before. The same bestie is trying to recollect the series and I have been on the lookout at Goodwills trying to help her. I have the BSC collection that I have been thinking of rereading.

Since you are on the DisBoards website i am assuming that you are a fan of all things Disney. The book series that I am reading is for children and is in fact in the child section of the book store, but is great and will bring back tons of memories of the park from when you were a kid till now :love:. It is call "The Kingdom Keepers."
Those are on my list of books to read! I want to read them with my sons. Have you picked up "Fairest of them All"? I saw that at DL last time I was there, but my pile up of books on the shelf and in my Kindle is too high to justify buying it at the moment.

I just got through reading the Wizard of Oz and The Secret Garden on my kindle (free! :thumbsup2) and now I'm reading Take the Monkeys and Run - A Barbara Marr Murder Mystery. It was only 99 cents! :)

I read a sample of the Kingdom Keepers but didn't buy any of the books. It seemed interesting though.

Have you read Peter and the Starcatchers? It's also a kid's book but it's the backstory to Peter Pan. I thought it was pretty good but haven't read any of the other books in the series yet.

Question about the "Kingdom Keepers" series... What age do you recommend them for (I mean, I certainly would enjoy them it sounds like, but would my daughter - she's 11yrs)??

I am currently reading "Bossypants" by Tina Fey -- and LOVE it! :lovestruc She's the best, so funny!

My next read will be "Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children" by Ransom Riggs. Looks really interesting and I have heard good things. They only now just got this one at our local Chapters bookstore. Will be picking it up next time we are in.

My RANDOM reading has been going on for about 3 months or so, when I have a minute or two only or bored with what hubs is watching on tv:

The Unofficial Guide to Disneyland 2011

The Disneyland Encyclopedia: The Unofficial, Unauthorized, and Unprecedented History of Every Land, Attraction, Restaurant, Shop, and Event in the Original Magic Kingdom

Both helpful and informative.... I particularly LOVE the Disneyland Encyclopedia! Very interesting!!

:)

I have a Nook, I read most of my books on that now, but I've got shelves and boxes full of books as well....I read a LOT! LOL Currently I'm reading a "fluff" novel, Divorced, Desperate and Deceived by Christie Craig, I read her first two in the trilogy as well, they are definitely fun reads. I also read sci fi and fantasy and other types of fiction.

Have you read Peter and the Starcatchers? It's also a kid's book but it's the backstory to Peter Pan. I thought it was pretty good but haven't read any of the other books in the series yet.
No, but it sounds interesting!
My next read will be "Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children" by Ransom Riggs. Looks really interesting and I have heard good things.
This is the next book on my list...I just bought it with a gift card for my kindle. We will have to compare notes :goodvibes

Both helpful and informative.... I particularly LOVE the Disneyland Encyclopedia! Very interesting!!

I love that book! DH worked with the author a few years ago. I wish he would do an update!

Some other good Disney books I've read are: Spinning Disney's World, Disney Wars, How to be Like Walt, Designing Disney, and Walt Disney Imagineering to name a few. :goodvibes

Question about the "Kingdom Keepers" series... What age do you recommend them for (I mean, I certainly would enjoy them it sounds like, but would my daughter - she's 11yrs)??

I am currently reading "Bossypants" by Tina Fey -- and LOVE it! :lovestruc She's the best, so funny!

My next read will be "Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children" by Ransom Riggs. Looks really interesting and I have heard good things. They only now just got this one at our local Chapters bookstore. Will be picking it up next time we are in.

My RANDOM reading has been going on for about 3 months or so, when I have a minute or two only or bored with what hubs is watching on tv:

The Disneyland Encyclopedia: The Unofficial, Unauthorized, and Unprecedented History of Every Land, Attraction, Restaurant, Shop, and Event in the Original Magic Kingdom

Are we twins?! :lmao: Bossypants AND Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children - just got them from the library yesterday! And I was checking the Unofficial guide on Amazon earlier today. But atm I am reading The Warrior Queens by Antonia Fraser. I really should stop going to the library so often, I have a huge stack of books to read!

For those who liked Hunger Games try Uglies by Scott Westerfield. Uglies is YA, if you want your dystopian future a bit more grown up then Gate to Womens' Country by Sherri S Tepper is awesome :thumbsup2

:yay: for books!

SHE WOULD LOVE IT! It is a great book if you are very into disney. My younger sister is 18 and she loved the book. its in the section for kids ages like 7-9, but i like it too :lmao:

My daughter brings books with her to Disneyland and will read when having to wait:) We both love reading books I am reading a book I found at the dollar store "the Cure For Grief" by Nellie Hermann. It is pretty good so far i am about half way thru.

My daughter as a nook that she loves. She didn't know if she would like one because we love our collection of books (She hates when I go thru our books to get rid of some-she will re-read books I use to when I was younger)

Well now I have a list of books I think I am going to go check out

PinkBudgie-I love Sue Grafton! I can't wait until her next book comes out. It won't come out until November.

Let's see, I just finished Steinbeck's Cannery Row. I just came back from Monterey so it was more engaging to read about the places Steinbeck was writing about.

I'm on the waiting list at the library for The Help, The Hunger Games (so I can join the DIS book club) and The hidden magic of Walt Disney World : over 600 secrets of the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney's Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom.

If you like fantasy series, Brandon Mull's Fablehaven is great. People who liked the Harry Potter series seem to like Fablehaven.

I keep flipping through my Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World because I'm planning our trip there. :cool1:

A girlfriend just introduced me to Emily Giffin (no r). She wrote Something Borrowed, Something Blue, Baby Proof, Love the One You're With and Heart of the Matter. I think the first book I mentioned is going to be made into a movie, if it hasn't been already.

Happy Reading everyone!:goodvibes

Right now I am almost finished Still Alice - Lisa Genova. A definate read for anyone, but especially if you have someone with Alziemers/dementia in your life.

PinkBudgie-I love Sue Grafton! I can't wait until her next book comes out. It won't come out until November.

Let's see, I just finished Steinbeck's Cannery Row. I just came back from Monterey so it was more engaging to read about the places Steinbeck was writing about.

I'm on the waiting list at the library for The Help, The Hunger Games (so I can join the DIS book club) and The hidden magic of Walt Disney World : over 600 secrets of the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney's Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom.

If you like fantasy series, Brandon Mull's Fablehaven is great. People who liked the Harry Potter series seem to like Fablehaven.

I keep flipping through my Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World because I'm planning our trip there. :cool1:

A girlfriend just introduced me to Emily Giffin (no r). She wrote Something Borrowed, Something Blue, Baby Proof, Love the One You're With and Heart of the Matter. I think the first book I mentioned is going to be made into a movie, if it hasn't been already.

Happy Reading everyone!:goodvibes

After reading Sue Grafton's "P", I decide to go back to the begining of the alphabet. :rotfl:

The Dis book club may be moving on to another book soon. One we had been thinking of before was Eyes Wide Open, but not sure what will be next. Most people are going on to finish the second and third books in The Hunger Games trilogy. I'm in the second book now and it is hard to put down! Just keep checking the podcast forum for when Nikki posts the book or a vote on one.

I just cracked open Jodi Picoult's The Tenth Circle - kind of wierd beginning but I will keep with it...Nothing worse than books that are hard to get into. I found Girl With a Dragon Tatoo hard to get into for about the first 50 pages but then it got REALLY good. Glad I stuck with it! But there are books that if I can't get into them, I put them down and move on, there are far too many books out there to read rather than reading ones I don't really like!! ;)

After reading Sue Grafton's "P", I decide to go back to the begining of the alphabet. :rotfl:

The Dis book club may be moving on to another book soon. One we had been thinking of before was Eyes Wide Open, but not sure what will be next. Most people are going on to finish the second and third books in The Hunger Games trilogy. I'm in the second book now and it is hard to put down! Just keep checking the podcast forum for when Nikki posts the book or a vote on one.

I'll keep looking for Nikki's post. Thanks.

I just cracked open Jodi Picoult's The Tenth Circle - kind of wierd beginning but I will keep with it...Nothing worse than books that are hard to get into. I found Girl With a Dragon Tatoo hard to get into for about the first 50 pages but then it got REALLY good. Glad I stuck with it! But there are books that if I can't get into them, I put them down and move on, there are far too many books out there to read rather than reading ones I don't really like!! ;)

My friend is also a Jodi Picoult fan and I haven't gotten into it. I read all the books that go with The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series. Yes you had to slog through the beginning, but after that it's very good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter