Whatcha Reading?

I am reading Pirates of the Caribbean - The Price of Freedom. It's the prequel to the POC films and gives the backstory of Captain Jack Sparrow and how he came to be a pirate. It's a fun book.

I am reading Shakespeare's Counsler, which is a Lily Bard mystery written by Charlaine Harris. The Lily Bard serioes are pretty good :) I also found Harris' ghost series which I will be starting next.

Page 10 of this weeks issue of the T.V. Guide. I like the pictures too. ;) :)

let me add to my list: 27 book reviews written by freshman and 27 narrative essays - all at 350-600 words each. ick!

let me add to my list: 27 book reviews written by freshman and 27 narrative essays - all at 350-600 words each. ick!

:eek: DH is a math teacher and while he has to correct tests, he is glad he doesn't have to wade through page after page of bad spelling. ;)

I read the Outlander series, and really enjoyed them. I've reread the first three books, and will probably go through the whole series before #8 comes out. I started that series based on a similar book thread on the regular CB.

I also read 'The Help' (started to read it with the book club on the Podcast Board), and really enjoyed that story.

Right now I'm reading the Pillars of the Earth. I got that recommendation from a similar book thread on the Podcast board, and am really enjoying it.

I have a bunch on my Kindle to read, including Hunger Games, The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, Clan of the Cave Bear (want to read that series before starting on the latest book), and then the fluff books in between when they come out & I need some 'down/non thinking' time (Deveraux, J. Lindsay, etc.)

Oh, drop everything and read Hunger Games! I read all three fairly quickly. I couldn't put them down!

I'm still reading Green. I just get so tired at night I can't seem to read more than a few pages before falling asleep.

I keep meaning to read Hunger Games, but just haven't got into it.

My daughter is NOT a reader, and she read all the books (3 or 4?). She couldn't put them down.

Does anyone know of other books like Hunger Games or Uglies? I get into reading slumps and a good fast-paced and easy to read book usually gets me out of it ;)

I have read The House of the Scorpion and The Giver and liked those as well.

Has anyone read The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks? It is nonfiction, about the woman behind the HeLa cells (the first cells to thrive in labs and used in many medical breakthroughs). It was very interesting :thumbsup2

Nothing is coming to mind now. I'm trying to find something good to read too. I just finished my book so I'm going to give The Priest's Graveyard a try.

I actually just read Before I Go to Sleep - so good I read it in 2 days. It is about a woman who has a form of amnesia so everytime she goes to sleep she forgets what she learned the day before. her husband has to explain who she is, where she is , who he is etc. She starts keeping a journal to help her with her memories and one day she sees that she had written that she should not trust her husband. Won't say more but it is one of those books that you do not want to put down :thumbsup2

Now I started Oscar Wilde and the Vampire Murders. It is part of a mystery series all featuring Oscar Wilde - never knew about it but looks interesting!

Before I go to Sleep is the book the podcast book club is reading now. I wanted to join in, but didn't want to pay $12 on my Kindle for it and there were 200 holds at the library. :eek:

I actually just read Before I Go to Sleep - so good I read it in 2 days. It is about a woman who has a form of amnesia so everytime she goes to sleep she forgets what she learned the day before. her husband has to explain who she is, where she is , who he is etc. She starts keeping a journal to help her with her memories and one day she sees that she had written that she should not trust her husband. Won't say more but it is one of those books that you do not want to put down :thumbsup2

That sounds a little like that movie Memento. I'll have to read it sometime. It sounds really good.

Right now I'm reading a book about the Amish i got for free on my Kindle but I can't remember the name. Anyone else have that problem with some of their Kindle books since you don't see the cover of the book each time you pick it up?

Does anyone know of other books like Hunger Games or Uglies? I get into reading slumps and a good fast-paced and easy to read book usually gets me out of it ;)

I have read The House of the Scorpion and The Giver and liked those as well.

Has anyone read The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks? It is nonfiction, about the woman behind the HeLa cells (the first cells to thrive in labs and used in many medical breakthroughs). It was very interesting :thumbsup2

Hunger Games was great! I read the trilogy in about 1 1/2 weeks :)

Now I am on Bright Young Things. It is a young adult novel, but I love the author. Next up: To Kill A Mockingbird since I have to teach it to my English class in 2 weeks.

If it is a random book I got for free on Kindle I don't remember the name. If it is one I went out of my way to buy, then I'm better at remembering it.

Oh! We just preordered the Kindle Fire. Looking forward to seeing what it does!

Next up: To Kill A Mockingbird since I have to teach it to my English class in 2 weeks.

Oh, I love that book!

If it is a random book I got for free on Kindle I don't remember the name. If it is one I went out of my way to buy, then I'm better at remembering it.

Oh! We just preordered the Kindle Fire. Looking forward to seeing what it does!

I guess that's my problem is that I've only been reading random free books on my Kindle lately so I can't remember what their titles are. I think the book covers should be what you see on the Kindle when it's in sleep mode instead of those other pictures.

I just heard that you preordered the Kindle Fire. Sounds fun!

That sounds a little like that movie Memento. I'll have to read it sometime. It sounds really good.

Right now I'm reading a book about the Amish i got for free on my Kindle but I can't remember the name. Anyone else have that problem with some of their Kindle books since you don't see the cover of the book each time you pick it up?
It does have a Memento feel to it - which is cool since I loved that movie :thumbsup2

Hunger Games was great! I read the trilogy in about 1 1/2 weeks :)

Now I am on Bright Young Things. It is a young adult novel, but I love the author. Next up: To Kill A Mockingbird since I have to teach it to my English class in 2 weeks.
Bright Young Things sounds good, might have to look for it in my library. Loved To Kill a Mockingbird :goodvibes

Before I go to Sleep is the book the podcast book club is reading now. I wanted to join in, but didn't want to pay $12 on my Kindle for it and there were 200 holds at the library. :eek:
I waited weeks and weeks for it at the library! I was actually going to take it off my wishlist since I can only put 5 things on it but when I finally decided to take it off I got a note that it was in for me :goodvibes

Hi all! I just noticed this thread. Since I bought my Nook I have read so many books! I'm in the middle of The Help right now.

I really like the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich, just finished up Book 17.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter