Whatcha Reading?

Now that our trip is so close I have to figure out what to take with me on the plane. Short flight and I don't really get any time to read while on vacation :confused3 so I am just going to take one book. So my options (so far) are -

-Tooth and Claw by Jo Walton.
I picked it up because it was a "new and notable" at my library. I started reading the description and it sounded like a fairly average noble family drama/intrigue and then I kept reading and found out that all the characters are dragons.

-Baltimore or the Steadfast Tin Soldier and the Vampire by Mike Mignola and hristopher Golden.
Found this one just by chance at the library. Sounds very interesting, mixes Dracula and WWI.

-Cocktail Hour Under the Tree of Forgetfulness by Alexandra Fuller.
I loooved her memoir "Don't Let's Go to the Dogs Tonight" about growing up in Kenya. This one is about her mother growing up in Africa during the 20's-30's and her father's childhood in England.

I am going to check if they have Bright Young Things that MrsPinup recommended. And if I manage to get Games of Thrones - been waiting for what seems like forever! - then there would be no debate :upsidedow

Gosh I love books....

Now that our trip is so close I have to figure out what to take with me on the plane. Short flight and I don't really get any time to read while on vacation :confused3 so I am just going to take one book. So my options (so far) are -

-Tooth and Claw by Jo Walton.
I picked it up because it was a "new and notable" at my library. I started reading the description and it sounded like a fairly average noble family drama/intrigue and then I kept reading and found out that all the characters are dragons.

-Baltimore or the Steadfast Tin Soldier and the Vampire by Mike Mignola and hristopher Golden.
Found this one just by chance at the library. Sounds very interesting, mixes Dracula and WWI.

-Cocktail Hour Under the Tree of Forgetfulness by Alexandra Fuller.
I loooved her memoir "Don't Let's Go to the Dogs Tonight" about growing up in Kenya. This one is about her mother growing up in Africa during the 20's-30's and her father's childhood in England.

I am going to check if they have Bright Young Things that MrsPinup recommended. And if I manage to get Games of Thrones - been waiting for what seems like forever! - then there would be no debate :upsidedow

Gosh I love books....

If you had a Kindle you could take all of them! ;) Also, another good place for books is a used book store. We have one near us that you can turn in books to for credit toward the books you buy. And our library has a small little used bookstore in the library. They take the donations they get and sell them cheap to raise money for the library. Other libraries in our area have book sales every few months, but this is open every day the library is. But, gotta love my Kindle! They have tons of free books to download too. :thumbsup2

If you had a Kindle you could take all of them! ;) Also, another good place for books is a used book store. We have one near us that you can turn in books to for credit toward the books you buy. And our library has a small little used bookstore in the library. They take the donations they get and sell them cheap to raise money for the library. Other libraries in our area have book sales every few months, but this is open every day the library is. But, gotta love my Kindle! They have tons of free books to download too. :thumbsup2

Not completely sold on the Kindle yet - although does have some books you can borrow on a Kindle, maybe when I can borrow all books ;) Today i went to the library (found another book for the maybe pile) and they were having a sale - picked up 4 books!

Well, they lowered the price on the Kindle, and they offer tons of free books. No, I don't work for Amazon! I just love my Kindle so much! :rotfl: I'm a fast reader so I need to bring several books on vacations and trips. This saves room and I never run out of reading material. I just have to always have a book on hand to read. Running out of things to read is unthinkable to me. :eek: :rotfl2:

Finally got around to starting the Mob book I picked up awhile ago. It's pretty interesting; the stories are the perfect length to get the important details but not get bored.

I finished the Bride Collector. Pretty good. I reminded me of Criminal Minds. Now I'm starting The Litigators by John Grisham. DH finished it under a week and he is the slowest reader in the world. :rotfl: So it must be good!

Hi all! I just noticed this thread. Since I bought my Nook I have read so many books! I'm in the middle of The Help right now.

I really like the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich, just finished up Book 17.

The Help was so good!

I am reading To Kill a Mockingbird with my class and An Ice Cold Grave by Charlaine Harris for fun...almost done with that one. I love her books...they are pretty quick reads and entertaining. I have one more to go and then I will be all caught up with all of her series.

Someone on the podcast boards mentioned the Wicked series so I may have to look at those next. I didn't realize it came from a book.

My Mom asked for books by Doreen Tovey for Christmas, so out of curiosity I got some out from our local library so I knew what they are about.

I have never laughed so hard in my life. The books are autobiographical, about an English woman in the 50's living with Siamese cats. We have had Siamese practically all my life so for every funny part of the book, I had a similar experience to reminisce about. So I was getting twice the laughs!

Well, they lowered the price on the Kindle, and they offer tons of free books. No, I don't work for Amazon! I just love my Kindle so much! :rotfl: I'm a fast reader so I need to bring several books on vacations and trips. This saves room and I never run out of reading material. I just have to always have a book on hand to read. Running out of things to read is unthinkable to me. :eek: :rotfl2:

Ok so you convinced me and I ordered the Kindle Fire ;) I have spent so much time looking for books on archive.org and I found out my library has books for Kindles! I also bought Kurt Vonnegut's Mother Night for .99 the other day (Amazon's daily deal). Now I just need the KF to actually get here :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter