What queues are "must see" and what's fine to skip if purchasing Lightening Lane?

You miss ALL of the best stuff in the FOP queue.

IMHO no queue is worth a long wait. Not sure where you are staying, but we were able to go through regular queues during our extra evening hours. However, unless we wanted people to walk in front of us, we literally just breezed by everything because there was no wait.

^^ I agree. We mostly chat with others in our group while waiting in any ride line. Most of what you see looks an effort to keep people from being bored while waiting in a long line. Not really sure what all we are missing but none of the lines we waited in seemed anything special to us. When we eventually got to the 'pre-show' it seemed like yet another queue to wait in until you finally got on the ride.

None of them.

I would skip them all if it got me on the ride sooner. Really, none of them are worth waiting in line in my opinion. Some are better than others though.

Others have mentioned the better ones

Dan

So different take on some mentioned…in Feb after a crowded hot day at HS, returned to park after pool break at about 6:45p with the goal of riding SDD and RotR (first time for both) before closing. DD12 and I got online for SDD at 7 with 90 min posted wait and figured we were in the clear for getting on line for Rise before 9 and we could breathe a little. Sun was already down, so much cooler temps, line moving the entire time and I never actually thought it would take 90 (actual was 72). Ultimately I really enjoyed the SDD Queue, DD and I were chatting the whole time looking at all the little details in the queue, took lots of pictures, always something new to uncover. Then the coaster hit our expectations and was super cool riding at night and seeing the park lit up in pastels all over. Perhaps if context were different (same wait but in the hot sun, no nighttime pastels, worries if we’d run out of time to do other things) we might have felt different, but I’d get online again with a 90 min wait with 120 before park close.

Now…we did get to ride RotR and it was awesome, but there was zero reason to get on standby 40 min before park close. It was slow moving outside and then slow moving inside with very little to look at. And then the park closed and $ILL ended, and the line suddenly became a stroll, and a quick one at that. And then we were guided through a different door by a CM and ended up skipping past part of the pre show experience before we realized it. Don’t know if that’s typical at the end of the day. Unsure if LL skips what we skipped, but we we’re disappointed nonetheless. Glad we did it at night tho. Got off the ride about 9:30 to an empty Galaxy’s Edge and got more awesome pictures.

TLDR, perspective and context probably impacts the queue experience as much as the physical queue.

Fun question!

Some of the queues are really interesting and fun with great attention to detail - but as wonderful as some of them are, I would skip every single one if I had the chance! 8-)

My favorites are; MK - Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain (it's long, but I like it!), 7DMT (if you can rope drop and go through the queue). Peter Pan is nice, but only if the wait times are low.
EC - Guardians looks like it will be the only winner here!
AK - FOP (it is worth walking through at rope drop or low wait times, otherwise... skip!), Everest.
HS - Tower (my favorite ever!). ROTR (it is cool, but skipping the line for ILL does not really cut out anything interesting, IMO.).

The queues which bring me the most misery are Magic Carpets of Aladdin, Jungle Cruise (it just goes on f o r e v e r!), Remy's, Frozen (I have never queued for this ride, I always skip the line - but everyone looks miserable!), Na'vi River, Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway, and literally every show that you have to wait in a holding room with everyone else.

I would say if the queue is 30 mins or less then wait and do standby; nothing is worth standing an hour for. Maybe 45 mins for FOP (our favorite ride; waited with a teenager: would not recommend standing longer with younger kids).

FYI Magic carpets posted wait is the only wait that is accurate and miserable. There is little shade and those fans don’t do much. Never again!

FYI Magic carpets posted wait is the only wait that is accurate and miserable. There is little shade and those fans don’t do much. Never again!
Not to mention that the ride lasts literally 1.5 minutes, if that. My DH and I waited like 40 minutes for this, and then he wouldn't even let me put the carpet up because he is *afraid of heights*! 😒

Of your list, I like the queue enough for Smugglers Run and Guardians. But not enough to wait if it’s not basically a walk-on (just stroll through leisurely). DH says Rise queue is also interesting. It just looks like more caverns to me.

FOP is cool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter