What psychology of mk do you know about?

Here is a shot looking at Morocco and the back of TOT.

1ZImagineeringatitsbest.jpg

That is crazy...I totally never even noticed that. What a super thread!:worship:

I've read many of the behind the scenes books, but I've never seen an answer to this.

Does anyone know if there is a particular rhyme or reason as to the ordering of the World Showcase Countries?

In The American Adventure, when Benjamin Franklin "walks up the stairs" into Thomas Jefferson's study, he's actually incrementally lifted into place one step at a time. Placed next to stairway railings, this gives the illusion of a man walking up a flight of stairs.

As the Host Nation and the centerpiece of World Showcase, The American Adventure is built at a slightly higher elevation than the surrounding pavilions. The landscaping here is the most structured of all the countries represented. The symmetrical planting and all-American plant material give it a feeling of Philadelphia formality.

I've read many of the behind the scenes books, but I've never seen an answer to this.

Does anyone know if there is a particular rhyme or reason as to the ordering of the World Showcase Countries?

On a tour I took, the CM explained that originally, they were going to put the countries in order. The first would be US, with Canada on one side, and Mexico on the other. Once they started construction, they realized that World Showcase needed a focal point, which would logically be the US, so it was moved to the far end, for the visual effect. That is also why the American Adventure's building is on a rise. It can be seen better from Future World if it's elevated. Canada, and Mexico stayed where they were originally planned. If memory serves me correctly, she said construction had already been started on those 2 countries. The next country from Canada is the United Kingdom. Then, across the bridge (or the English Channel) is France.

Ellen's Energy Adventure embraces the message of conservation by getting most of its power from solar panels on the roof.

Walt's vision of EPCOT, Experimental Prototype Community Of Tomorrow, was never realized. He had intended it to be a place where people would live, work, and play. Disney kept the name but abandoned Walt's concept. It turned out to be what we have now. But Walt's general concept of EPCOT was realized, sort of. There is a beautiful town designed and built by Disney at WDW where people do live work and play. It's not the futuristic city that Walt intended. In fact it's based on the turn of the century towns, but other than that, it's Walt's EPCOT. It's called Celebration and it's a great place to visit when you're at WDW. It's a total Disney creation, but it's not a fantasy, it's real. One problem is that it's so nice, WDW CMs can't afford to live there.

and another problem is that Disney has sold this "City" to a firm from NY. Disney is no longer in control of this City.

As far as I know that's correct. When we stayed at AKL we were told not to bring any plastic straws or balloons onto the property. And all the straws you get at AK are paper. The concept of paper straws was so bizarre to most of my friends that I brought some home for them as cheap souvenirs. :laughing:

Disney aren't the first to use Paper Straws. They were used all the time pior the plastic ones being invented. I remember them growing up..

It's late and I misread this as embracing the message of conversation. As in, "this ride's boring, so what's new with you?"

Now just wait there one minute! This ride is great! Its a 45 airconditioned break and it has the great line "Stupid Judy! Stupid Energy!"

ha, so now I know why DD freaked out about wanting popcorn the 1st day at WDW,, I didn't even notice the smell,, I work in a bank and our trademark is fresh popped popcorn,, we have small popcorn carts in the lobby so I am immereced with the smell everyday, LOL.

Honestly with so many people mulling down MS I never even noticed the red sidewalks, duh.

I was upset at AK when I asked for a lid for DDs drink for them to look at me like I had 3 heads and then say due to the animals they had none,, um okay,, I get the paper straw thing and all but lids for kids,, still a great idea in my book.
This is very interseresting reading,, I am looking forward to our next trip when we will have more time to take in some of these little details.

btw I never thought about cell towers etc at DW but always had great reception for my blackberry ;)

Everything in the MK is designed for the tallest person to stand on their right, (the pictures left - when looking at the picture) - when taking pictures.

hope that how I worded it makes sense

My husband thinks that Disney pumps something into the air that makes you happy. :rotfl2:

As far as the psychology of it all, everything at Disney is meant to totally surround you. The gift shops at the end of every ride, the colors that make you want to eat, spend, stay up past your bedtime. Something that they do can help excite and relax you all at the same time.

And whatever it is that they are doing, I hope they keep it up so my hubby wants to keep going back! :laughing:

My husband thinks that Disney pumps something into the air that makes you happy. :rotfl2:

As far as the psychology of it all, everything at Disney is meant to totally surround you. The gift shops at the end of every ride, the colors that make you want to eat, spend, stay up past your bedtime. Something that they do can help excite and relax you all at the same time.

And whatever it is that they are doing, I hope they keep it up so my hubby wants to keep going back! :laughing:

Yea it's called prozac dust :rotfl2:

Here's an interesting piece about the design of roller coasters featuring Bill Watkins [designer of the original Space Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad].

Here's a pic of Bill testing riding a coaster in production: :scared1:

SM_testvehicle.jpg

If you are pushing a wheelchair or stroller, the slope of the land is downhill from tomorrowland-fantasyland to liberty square-frontierland.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter