What one thing did you wish you packed, but didn't...

Originally posted by kshabare
This next cruise I will not forget to bring my tube of aloe for sun burns. We went snorkeling and I had my hair back in a pony tail. My scalp was burned in the part. Had sunscreen everywhere else. p.s. don't forget lip balm for sun too.

Kim

I put a bottle of aloe in my "cruise" box because of your suggestion.

Thanks,
Renee

Originally posted by ann-e-mator
Absolutely positively, your own shampoo and condidtioner... For once, I left mine at home on our last cruise trying to cut down on stuff to pack...It was awful!!! In fact, it was the only thing on the cruise I was disappointed in... their personal size bottles didn't have nearly enough in them for medium length hair and the weather is brutal for drying out locks... bring your own for sure!

That's too bad that what they have is not that great. The Disney's Grand Californian Hotel supplies are pretty good. Oh well, I guess I will be packing my shampoo and conditioner. I hope my suitcase has wheels with all the stuff I am packing. :D

Have a great weekend!
Renee

Originally posted by d'Isigny
did you know that room service will deliver to the laundry areas?

I love this!!! What a cool idea! A nice all hands on deck platter and an ice cold soda!!

I agree with the "pack less" idea. It saves work unpacking and storing luggage, no hassles at the airport b/c of the 50 lb. rule and you really don't need so much!

Originally posted by bernee

Thanks,
Renee

I third that aloe! It was $6.75 for a small tube of it from the health center :confused:

goingbacksoon

Originally posted by WDWLVR
a small bedside clock that can light up at night. I usually never sleep through the night and like to know what time it is when I get up in the middle of the night.

And I thought I was the only one with this quirk! I like the kind of clock from Radio Shack that shines the time on the ceiling

the hair conditioner. It is a must, as the wind and salt air are not kind at all to any one with long(ish) hair. DCL samples are hopeless, especially if you are out there for 7 nights!

Renee wrote:

Oooh. I hadn't thought of starting a "cruise box" - I need to do that as I read ideas such as the power strip and over the door shoe holder.

Keep the ideas coming for us newbie cruisers!

When you have a long wait...like most of us do...a "cruise box" that you add to as you think of things can make the trip seem real long before you get close enough to begin packing.

Hi All,

I have received a lot of great suggestions from all of you. As mentioned earlier, I have a "cruise" box. Because of your feedback, the box already has the following (listing here in case anyone might like to follow it):

* 2 Hand-Pressed Compression Bags (Dirty Laundry)
* 6 Pack of Amazing Bubbles (Send Off Party)
* 1 Box of 20-1 Gallon Resealable Storage Bags
* 1 Box of Ear Plugs (We are Cat. 12)
* I 5-pk of Neon Highlighters
* 1 Bottle of Aloe Vera Gel
* 2 Concentrated Fragrance Spray for Bath & Body Works (Lavender and Spiced Cider)
* 14 Roles of Film (Still Old School)
* 1 Under Water Camera Complete w/Film and Battery
* 2 Le Plume Quality Memory Book Markers in Black (For Autographs)
* 1 "Do It Yourself" Autograph Book (Archival Quality)
* 2 Pks of Disney Stickers to Decorate "Do It Yourself" Book
* Water Shoes - 1 pr ea (DH/Me)
* Nasal Decongestant - 48 Tablets (Target)
* Pepto-Bismol - 40 Caplets
* Motion Sickness Relief - 32 Tablets (Target)
* Aspirin - 300 Tablets (Target)
* Allergy Relief - 100 Coated Minitabs (Target)
* Nighttime Pain Reliever - 50 Geltabs (Target)
* Acetaminophen - 50 Geltabs (Target)
* Paul Mitchell Shampoo and Conditioner
* 1 Hair Dryer

If you are on the November 6, 2004 Western sailing, you can always borrow from the Pate Family. :D

Have a Happy Father's Day!
Renee

A night light, especially helpful for "finding" the bathroom in the middle of the night. Prevents stubbed toes & bruised shins, from stumbling around in the dark.:idea:

The cruise box will also make it more of a reality for some of us, then you spend the money now on the things you need and not right before the trip. ever Wounder what they do with all the left over stuff people leave on the ship? have a yard sale maybe??? Mum of pirate: pirate:

Thanks for the great idea about the cruise box! I am going to start mine today - I am also adding my disney dollars that I have been purchasing along the way to put with my documents when we leave. I already have the shoe holder - I was thinking about putting everything in it and rolling it like a sleeping bag so that it can be hung up when we unpack.

My cruise box is a fireproof safe, bought after I purchased (don't laugh) Disney Annual Passes. Of course, bank info, etc, etc, never makes it into the fireproof, but by golly, my Disney stuff is safe!

It now has various fanny/back packs, an extension cord, disposable razors, other tickets, mini binoculars, etc, etc which are all waiting for various trips.

Thanks for that list bernee!!! I copied and pasted and will add a few other things I saw here and start my box soon. Summer stuff is going on sale (sunscreen, aloe, etc) and since we're cruising early next May, better to get it now then wait.

I thought of getting one of those duffle bags on rollers, fill it with with alcohol & some soda and then I have a bag for my goodies to bring home.

Hi all. :wave:

I am a wannabe cruiser, but am reading EVERYTHING from a tip standpoint.

For those of you who have sunburn concerns on your scalps from parts or if you get braids, I actually have a suggestion:

Bullfrog, SPF 36 Spray QuikGel.

You spray it on, and you can spray it right on your head/hair/scalp. I use it on DS's head after he gets his summer 'buzz cut'

300.jpg

This stuff is 'bulletproof'. Its the most waterproof sunscreen I have ever used. I am a fairskinned (some would say pasty:teeth: ) girl of Irish/Scottish descent, and if I am lucky, by the end of the summer, my freckles have blended together to form a tan.

One thing I'll be sure to pack is childrens' tylenol and childrens' cold medicine - hoping I won't need it!!! (but, i know my kids are going to be overtired and susceptible...) ::yes::

i wish i brought tose suction cup hooks for wet bathing suits. there is plenty of space in a cat 4 for toiletries and clothes but not enough hooks for the wet bathing suits, etc. of a family of 5.

i color my hair so i always bring my own shampoo and conditioner. my girls are similarly picky and won't use the dcl stuff. the boys will, however, and since it is replenished every day they had plenty.

like many other posters i wish i brought less clothes. we spent 3 days at wdw after the 7 day cruise and still returned with clothes that weren't worn. the area you can probably cut back on is the casual wear. i spent most days in a bathing suit and a pareo and most evenings in the same capris and oversized cotton sweater. flip flops are very popular these days, small and easy to pack and cheap so you can have different ones for each outfit. i love shoes and devote a lot of suitcase space to them.

I forgot to take bubble wrap and could have used it to wrap up the 7 souvenir hurricane glasses my daughter acquired. Fortunately they fit in the collapsible cooler and she carried it off of the ship!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter