What location would you add...

inlalaland

<font color=green>Wanna dance until my feet can't
if you had the ability to make a new addition to the list of places in Disney World you can be married/have your reception?

I am a long (long, long) way away from getting married, but I was just curious what you guys would say! I was thinking a Rapunzel themed wedding would be so pretty, but there's not really any location that would work for that.

Just curious where you ladies would add if you could! :goodvibes

I am trying to have my reception at Animal Kingdom Flame Tree Gardens. It isn't listed as a venue but it can be done. The only problem I am running in to is that you can't hold the event until 2 hours after park closing which for my date is 8:00 close time.

I haven't even been there yet...but I would love to see Be Our Guest added as a wedding venue.

I was thinking a Rapunzel themed wedding would be so pretty, but there's not really any location that would work for that.
There's a perfect spot in New Fantasyland for that now! :goodvibes

I wouldn't necessarily add a new location but I would remove or lessen the restrictions on the Tower of Terror location. If I could I would have a morning ceremony there, or an earlier reception. Or both!

Be Our Guest would be beautiful, or even the bridge leading up to Be Our Guest.

Anywhere in the Magic Kingdom for a reception would be great! Our planner told us that no receptions were allowed there because it would take up space that park guests need, but I would love to be able to have a reception somewhere like upstairs at the Columbia Harbor House (which is always empty when I go) or Tortuga Tavern which is always closed (though a reception there would interfere with people trading Sorcerer's cards:scratchin)

I agree that the new fantasy land would be an amazing venue for a reception or ceremony. It is gorgeous!

Also, there is a little outdoor seating area behind Tamu Tamu with little alcoves in the wall perfect for putting lanterns or candles for a very romantic Tangled feel. I think it was a 60 person limit and not listed as a location, but the photos were very beautiful.

DF and I love the ambience of Future World at EPCOT (particularly when it's all spruced up for the Flower & Garden Festival!) and were disappointed to discover there were no outdoor ceremony venues on that side of the park. There is some beautiful landscaping over by The Land and Imagination pavilions, not to mention the rose garden between Imagination and Canada. Heck, we'd have been happy getting married in front of the Fountain of Nations!

Flame tree gardens is available, but it does have to be after park closing.

Dhs is the most flexible in terms of space usage for receptions, with the only constraint typically being time of day. Just because someone hasn't done it before doesn't mean it can't be done there; asking won't hurt.

Other parks are more restrictive

For theming, Disney is pretty good about creating decor for themes. However, it could still be pricey. Even if you can't find something, that doesn't mean they can't make it. Just be aware that Disney isn't great at coming up with ideas. However, they're superb in taking your ideas and creating what you want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter