What kind of work do you do from home?

Mouse House Mama

Luckiest Mommy in the World!!!
Okay- I know this has been asked a million times but I haven't seen it in a while and am looking for ideas. What kind of work do you do from home? I am looking to make about $200 a week so I can save more for our Disney addiction!:laughing: So what do you do and how much time does it take you? Thanks!

I don't make 200 a week but I still do ChaCha. I know a lot of you don't like it or feel that it isn't worth your time but it pays for my Disney addiction. I do it when the baby is napping or when I feel like and have the time. I can make around 100 a week if I really try. A lot has changed over the last year or so but it isn't bad. I wish it was the way it was 2 years ago when I first heard about it. I also do some random rewards programs. I figure every penny helps!

If anyone is interested, ChaCha is hiring right now. The website is www.becomeaguide.chacha.com.

Mods~ that is not a referral link but I will take it down if it is not allowed.

ChaCha, IMShopping, and I babysit 4 days a week for $25 a day.

Right now though, the money I make from these things is helping pay down our CC...which I guess in a way is helping pay for my Disney addiction. Lol

what do you charge for babysitting???? by the hour or by the kid???

I charge per kid per day. Until recently all the kids I watched were part timers, usually 3 days per week. Different areas of the country charge different prices.

You can do a search on craigslist under childcare for your area and get an idea of what to charge. In my area, I have seen anywhere between $75/week to $150/week.

You would also need to check out the laws in your area regarding unlicensed childcare. Here, I can have 4 children (besides my own). However...if I had 4 kids plus mine all day every day... I would look like this :eek: by 4pm.

I do daycare too. My kids are all part timers except for my 4 year old nephew who is here 5 days. I charge $25.00 per day per child. For elementary I charge $12.00 per day for before and after school. Usually the elementary kids are here for an hour of less in the AM before the bus comes and 1-2 hours after school. It is pretty easy with the elementary kids.

I do claim the income on taxes, but I also have a lot of deductions so it works out great. I also am licensed which is kind of a hassle, but it is required in my state.

The childcare jobs sound great for you guys. I personally cannot do childcare. I have 5 kids of my own and while I wouldn't mind having more kids here we simply have too many activities to be at. I want to find something I can do at night when they go to sleep. Keep the ideas coming I am loving hearing what others do. :cutie::cutie:

I do transcription and bookkeeping. I work for myself so I make more money than if I did transcription work for a transcription company. When the kids were younger I alwayd worked after they went to bed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter