What is your Favorite Character Interaction/Photo?

I just wanted to say thanks to all the character friends! Despite being an adult, the magic is there every time we meet a character!

We went to the Storybook dining at Wilderness lodge with DD23 on Mother's day. DD23 found the Evil Queen scary and didn't speak when we met the Queen. Lol, the queen liked that and said 'silent children are preferable and I'm lucky'. This queen was so good, the disgust she showed towards Snow White and the Dwarves...and little kids was incredible.
View attachment 785271
I love interactions with the villains. When I worked at WDW it was fun to sometimes have the chance to play off each other

My older son went to WDW for the first time at age 2, and although he wasn't scared of the characters, he was shy around new people. The first characters he met (at AK) were Mickey and Minnie, and he refused to let DH put him down for it. However, as DH was bringing him back to meet up with the rest of us, they passed his favorite character (Daisy) about to start a meet and greet at the landing. It's a good thing there wasn't a line, because he ran straight into her arms.

View attachment 785274

You can't see his raccoon blankie in that photo, but he carried it everywhere and Goofy had quite a lot of fun with it when we met him a few days later.

View attachment 785275
Your son is so cute! I am glad he had so much fun with Daisy and Goofy

My daughter's favorite DCL character interactions were on the Disney Dream in September 2021. This was just after the Dream began sailing again, so the number of guests onboard was very limited, masks were required, and social distancing was still enforced.

My daughter had THE BEST time with the characters on this sailing. Sometimes, she would be the only person in an atrium full of princesses for like 10 whole minutes. Ariel in particular spent a lot of time with here and would call out to her by name if we walked through the atrium while she was greeting up on Deck 4. After a lot of time spent at home, our daughter was SUPER eager to chat it up with anyone who would listen and she spent a ton of time showing all the characters her cartwheels and splits. 😂 But being out in crowded spaces was also stressful for her after having a more quiet existence for so many months, so she also had a lot of moments of needing to take a break from loud places like the dining room. Characters, greeters, and entertainment staff would always stop by and talk to her when we were out in the atrium taking breaks from dinner. My kiddo made friends with a bunch of the character greeters, and they kindly sent her a big gift bag on our last night full of hand written notes from the greeters and autographed photos of the characters. I will never forget how these Cast Members made her feel special and calmed her anxieties about being back out in the world again - it was incredibly special.
Sounds like she brought so much joy to the CMs! I’m so glad she had a such special time with them 😍

I just wanted to say thanks to all the character friends! Despite being an adult, the magic is there every time we meet a character!

We went to the Storybook dining at Wilderness lodge with DD23 on Mother's day. DD23 found the Evil Queen scary and didn't speak when we met the Queen. Lol, the queen liked that and said 'silent children are preferable and I'm lucky'. This queen was so good, the disgust she showed towards Snow White and the Dwarves...and little kids was incredible.
We went for my birthday shortly after this experience opened in 2018. The Evil Queen banished my daughter from the kingdom and scared her to death. My daughter was 11, so she wasn't super young, but she still talks about how scared she was. I don't think I'd be able to get her to meet the Evil Queen again!

We went for my birthday shortly after this experience opened in 2018. The Evil Queen banished my daughter from the kingdom and scared her to death. My daughter was 11, so she wasn't super young, but she still talks about how scared she was. I don't think I'd be able to get her to meet the Evil Queen again!
I completely understand!! I felt the same the first few times I had to interact with villains. But then after a while it’s like trying not to laugh 😂

I completely understand!! I felt the same the first few times I had to interact with villains. But then after a while it’s like trying not to laugh 😂
It must be strange pretending your friends are a famous character. Have you ever forgotten what you were doing? Or messed up your lines?

It must be strange pretending your friends are a famous character. Have you ever forgotten what you were doing? Or messed up your lines?
Not strange really. And not any different to any other acting or performance role.
I haven’t forgotten what I was doing, but I have almost messed up an autograph. So it doesn’t look like it’s meant to but it was fine! There has also been times when someone has said or asked something that I couldn’t really answer

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter