What is your Favorite Character Interaction/Photo?

I cruise for characters so too many to name (i ve been visitinf all the parks around the world as well . Shipwise my favorite ones are usually the ones that happen on strolls and where you get to do the stuff that is usually more done for the kids: walk around holding hands, dancing with them or getting a letter in the room. I ve been blessed with a few pixiedust meets during past cruises but just in general getting my character love returned on any way of shape. My ig (nelegeerts) holds a lot of photos and videos of these memories

As usual, you’re too kind.

I didn’t think at the time that it might be my last character photo.
I think that is an irrational fear of mine. That one day I will decide not to do this anymore (or not be able to lol) and I won’t have the opportunity for one last picture or show or whatever it is. As it is, I don’t have a whole lot of pictures of my friends. I have found some videos on YouTube that Guests have posted which is pretty cool!

Last edited:
I cruise for characters so too many to name (i ve been visitinf all the parks around the world as well . Shipwise my favorite ones are usually the ones that happen on strolls and where you get to do the stuff that is usually more done for the kids: walk around holding hands, dancing with them or getting a letter in the room. I ve been blessed with a few pixiedust meets during past cruises but just in general getting my character love returned on any way of shape. My ig (nelegeerts) holds a lot of photos and videos of these memories
I love that you choose to cruise to see the characters! And yes, the characters love those spontaneous interactions too.
I’ll check out your insta!!

I think that is an irrational fear of mine. That one day I will decide not to do this anymore (or not be able to lol) and I won’t have the opportunity for one last picture or show or whatever it is. As it is, I don’t have a whole lot of pictures of my friends. I have found some videos on YouTube that Guests have posted which is pretty cool!
Why would you not be able to do it anymore?

Yes! You reminded me that Goofy and his CM handler came up to the short mini-golf course (that used to be?) on Deck 11 of the Dream. I think this was a B2B with an extra sea day, courtesy of a hurricane that prevented us from visiting Nassau or CCay.

In any case, Goofy and I think all of us, were feeling a bit . . .uhmm, goofy! And several holes were replayed with many trick shots. I dont recall any posed pictures, but a lot of fun. My son had a blast..

As Alison said in "A Sure Thing," . . . "Spontaneity has its time and place."

I have only been to Disney once and I was a child. I am very excited to meet characters. Is it ok for me to get autographs and photos and stuff? Or will the characters think I am a crazy lady?

I have only been to Disney once and I was a child. I am very excited to meet characters. Is it ok for me to get autographs and photos and stuff? Or will the characters think I am a crazy lady?
Of course it’s ok!! The characters definitely won’t think you’re crazy!

I’ll add to what @Mags2002 said, some characters like Goofy, Chip, and Dale kind of go out of their way to find adults who May not get in the regular meet and greets. An especially common place that they kind of wander sometimes is deck 4 with the super comfy chairs and shuffle board. Goofy always finds a little time in his busy schedule to sit on the super comfy chairs with me and my Mom!

I’ll add to what @Mags2002 said, some characters like Goofy, Chip, and Dale kind of go out of their way to find adults who May not get in the regular meet and greets. An especially common place that they kind of wander sometimes is deck 4 with the super comfy chairs and shuffle board. Goofy always finds a little time in his busy schedule to sit on the super comfy chairs with me and my Mom!
Just relax and enjoy yourself. Characters are used to all sorts of reactions, from the adults who stand stiffly and awkwardly beside them to the ones who break down and are sobbing in their arms

Last edited:
Just relax and enjoy yourself. Characters are used to all sorts of reactions, from the adults who stand sticky and awkwardly beside them to the ones who break down and are sobbing in their arms
I just wanted to say thanks to all the character friends! Despite being an adult, the magic is there every time we meet a character!

We went to the Storybook dining at Wilderness lodge with DD23 on Mother's day. DD23 found the Evil Queen scary and didn't speak when we met the Queen. Lol, the queen liked that and said 'silent children are preferable and I'm lucky'. This queen was so good, the disgust she showed towards Snow White and the Dwarves...and little kids was incredible.
IMG_20230514_185939295.jpg

My older son went to WDW for the first time at age 2, and although he wasn't scared of the characters, he was shy around new people. The first characters he met (at AK) were Mickey and Minnie, and he refused to let DH put him down for it. However, as DH was bringing him back to meet up with the rest of us, they passed his favorite character (Daisy) about to start a meet and greet at the landing. It's a good thing there wasn't a line, because he ran straight into her arms.

11068084_10153232681871424_7753681171250868617_o.jpg

You can't see his raccoon blankie in that photo, but he carried it everywhere and Goofy had quite a lot of fun with it when we met him a few days later.

10818242_10153251497991424_2998053369057752142_o.jpg

My daughter's favorite DCL character interactions were on the Disney Dream in September 2021. This was just after the Dream began sailing again, so the number of guests onboard was very limited, masks were required, and social distancing was still enforced.

My daughter had THE BEST time with the characters on this sailing. Sometimes, she would be the only person in an atrium full of princesses for like 10 whole minutes. Ariel in particular spent a lot of time with here and would call out to her by name if we walked through the atrium while she was greeting up on Deck 4. After a lot of time spent at home, our daughter was SUPER eager to chat it up with anyone who would listen and she spent a ton of time showing all the characters her cartwheels and splits. 😂 But being out in crowded spaces was also stressful for her after having a more quiet existence for so many months, so she also had a lot of moments of needing to take a break from loud places like the dining room. Characters, greeters, and entertainment staff would always stop by and talk to her when we were out in the atrium taking breaks from dinner. My kiddo made friends with a bunch of the character greeters, and they kindly sent her a big gift bag on our last night full of hand written notes from the greeters and autographed photos of the characters. I will never forget how these Cast Members made her feel special and calmed her anxieties about being back out in the world again - it was incredibly special.

This photo went “viral” in our Disney community because my little Prince was so over the photos lol but I loved the patience that Cinderella had with him 💙
IMG_6356.jpeg

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter