What is your favorite budget place to stay?

Calee

DIS Veteran
We have stayed onsite at WDW several times (we love it, just doesn't have the value right now). We have stayed a night in the Best Western near Disney Springs, and we have stayed at a Fairfield Inn nearby.

I am considering an Orlando trip in early December. We might do Universal for the first time. We might do some WDW. We might head down to LegoLand lol.

So, what is YOUR favorite off site place to stay in Orlando? We are a family with late elementary school aged kids. I would love free breakfast or free parking, but they aren't dealbreakers. We will have a car.

Try the Omni Hotel at Champions Gate .. Just off Hwy I4 & Hwy 27

From Hotel join I 4 turn Left for Disney etc . Join I 4 turn Right for Busch Gardens

From Hotel Join Hwy 27 ( approx 3 miles away ) Turn Left .... South

and you are at Legoland within 30 min approx

While I've had about 140-150 onsite stays, I've had probably around 80 offsite stays in all level hotels, rooms and suites and condo/timeshare units. I tend to look at Hilton for hotels because we were always Diamond but not a must.

First know that rates at offsite hotels are all over the place depending on your dates. I love the Embassy Suites Lake Buena Vista SOUTH, and while I've stayed for $100 a night I've seen it as high as $200 a night. I always look for a bargain. So when you have your dates, start playing at all kinds of places.

Second right now because of COVID most are halting their breakfasts and other free food, some are substituting bagged meals. Personally because we don't know what is happening, I would book not factoring that in. We've often found ourselves so much on the run we grab McD or CFA breakfast and eat in the car on our way to the park or I have stuff in room like muffins, yogurt, bagel and creme cheese.

Without knowing your budget here are some we have stayed at, were very happy with hotel & location and gotten great deals.

Lake Buena Vista (outside DS) along Palm Parkway is GREAT location for Universal and Disney. You take the back way to Universal and avoid I-4. Easy in to Disney as well as over the new bridge to outlets and all the new stuff there. Lots of spots to eat, grocery etc. I really like StayBridge Suites, Hampton Inn, Hilton Garden Inn, Homewood Suites. There are others there I have not stayed at. Like looks of Springhill Suites and Holiday Inn Express.

There is also a new Holiday Inn by Outlet Malls and I stayed at the Home2Suites which I liked.

I love Embassy Suites Lake Buena Vista SOUTH. I've stayed at the Hampton Inn LBV South and really liked the Queen/Queen Suite ... huge room with sofabed and seating area as well. Both are easy in to Disney without I-4.

Closer to Universal I've stayed a few times at Homewood Suites north of Convention Center, free parking and in middle of everything. Normal times is breakfast and some dinners. Lots of same level hotels all around it to give you a choice. Minutes to Universal and I could get to WDW parking lots in 15 minutes.

If you think you want to do both for sure stay between them and avoid 192 places.

Sheraton vistana we love no resort/parking fees, living room, bedroom , full kitchen, washer and dryer and water slide on one of the pools.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/the-sheraton-vistana-resort-thread-key-links-on-p-1.3148502/
Check out skyauction.com
I got a decently good price on booking.com that could be cancelled unlike skyauction.com but the bidding prices are so much better.

One year we got unlimited attractions from go Orlando for legoland, gatorland etc. We go twice a year so we have done it all we have boys at home 10 & 13 and we prefer to have separate rooms when it comes to hotels.
Normally - On one of our trips we do all Disney the other one we will do just a Disney party and do other things around town.

Last edited:

While I've had about 140-150 onsite stays, I've had probably around 80 offsite stays in all level hotels, rooms and suites and condo/timeshare units. I tend to look at Hilton for hotels because we were always Diamond but not a must.

First know that rates at offsite hotels are all over the place depending on your dates. I love the Embassy Suites Lake Buena Vista SOUTH, and while I've stayed for $100 a night I've seen it as high as $200 a night. I always look for a bargain. So when you have your dates, start playing at all kinds of places.

Second right now because of COVID most are halting their breakfasts and other free food, some are substituting bagged meals. Personally because we don't know what is happening, I would book not factoring that in. We've often found ourselves so much on the run we grab McD or CFA breakfast and eat in the car on our way to the park or I have stuff in room like muffins, yogurt, bagel and creme cheese.

Without knowing your budget here are some we have stayed at, were very happy with hotel & location and gotten great deals.

Lake Buena Vista (outside DS) along Palm Parkway is GREAT location for Universal and Disney. You take the back way to Universal and avoid I-4. Easy in to Disney as well as over the new bridge to outlets and all the new stuff there. Lots of spots to eat, grocery etc. I really like StayBridge Suites, Hampton Inn, Hilton Garden Inn, Homewood Suites. There are others there I have not stayed at. Like looks of Springhill Suites and Holiday Inn Express.

There is also a new Holiday Inn by Outlet Malls and I stayed at the Home2Suites which I liked.

I love Embassy Suites Lake Buena Vista SOUTH. I've stayed at the Hampton Inn LBV South and really liked the Queen/Queen Suite ... huge room with sofabed and seating area as well. Both are easy in to Disney without I-4.

Closer to Universal I've stayed a few times at Homewood Suites north of Convention Center, free parking and in middle of everything. Normal times is breakfast and some dinners. Lots of same level hotels all around it to give you a choice. Minutes to Universal and I could get to WDW parking lots in 15 minutes.

If you think you want to do both for sure stay between them and avoid 192 places.

Second vote for Embassy suites Lake Buena Vista SOUTH. I want to say I learned of it from your posts.

Only downside is the pool area. It is not a large resort style pool at all. We never have used it. But if you are going December you may not want to use a pool anyway. The rooms and service are top notch.

The other Embassy that's closer to Disney Springs is awful. The rooms are motel quality if you get the outside ones (which shouldn't even be a thing at an Embassy but I digress).

Also I like the rooms at the doubletree in DS. Overall resort is ok, but the rooms and sometimes pricing are great.

Also, Floridays resort. Sometimes you can catch a great deal there. Rooms are very spacious. Really enjoy the 2 bedroom layout. Also the resort itself is great.

I recommend a 2bedroom unit at a timeshare resort. My personal preference is Holiday Inn Club Vacations at Orange Lake in Kissimmee. There are many many other resorts as well. Someone else suggested Sheraton Vistana, which is very nice. I have that resort on my list to stay at one day too. No free breakfast, but having a full kitchen helps. On vacation, kids can become very independent and resourceful. Stock the fridge with quick and easy food/snacks. Two weeks before vacation, go online and shop for food/snacks/supplies at one of the Walmart's near your resort. You will have a car, so just schedule a pick up day and time. If you have never stayed in a timeshare resort, you may be surprised of all the conveniences of home, but still having a vacation/resort experience. You may also be surprised at the onsite activities and amenities. I look forward to pool party's, and onsite activities at the resorts. I saw the movie "Boss Baby" at Orange Lake resort for the "dive-in" movie. They blow up an inflatable screen near a pool. You can watch the movie, swim or do a little of both. It's a great time. I usually rent from timeshare owners on Redweek or TUG.

Holiday Inn at Orange Lake but some amenities can get costly. Ask to see what they are including before booking.

During these times book directly through the hotel! Booking through third party can cause issues with cancellation during these times. Hotels will only deal with Priceline, Travelocity etc- they will not directly speak with you regarding a cancellation if there are issues. Just a warning

There are a lot of nice hotels along Palm Parkway. A lot of them offer free breakfast, but with covid a lot of the free breakfasts have turned into a free granola bar and water bottle :/ The Palm Parkway area is also great because you can easily get to both Disney and Universal without having to use I-4.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter