What is your Disney shameful secret?

That was a real problem when bus seating was so limited. I am all for boarding those wtih mobility devices first, but they shouldn't be able to take 20 people with them. It's not nearly as much of a concern when buses are running at normal capacity though.
I am also for boarding them first. But it shouldn't be a front of the line pass. There's no medical reason for folks in scooters to not wait their turn if there were already a ton of people in line before them.

Can't stand the Avatar stuff and it seems to take Disney FOREVER to build new attractions - I just didn't get the Avatar stuff so long after the movie had come out. Same with Tron.

I only got the Gangster Scene and didn't know there was a Western scene for a while. Was never able to make it back before it closed.
https://www.parkeology.com/2017/08/great-movie-ride-cowboy-scene-detail.html
I found this article on the western scene.

My last memory of the GMR was taking a phone interview just outside the ride, there's not really an abundance of good locations at WDW for this, but I remember struggling to hear anything. Wife was waiting on me to enter the queue.

I am also for boarding them first. But it shouldn't be a front of the line pass. There's no medical reason for folks in scooters to not wait their turn if there were already a ton of people in line before them.
Some bus lines have people in scooters/wheelchairs/etc. wait in the regular line until the last turn, where they can pull off into a handicapped line. That way they aren't cutting in front of massive lines of people, just ensuring they can load first.

Some bus lines have people in scooters/wheelchairs/etc. wait in the regular line until the last turn, where they can pull off into a handicapped line. That way they aren't cutting in front of massive lines of people, just ensuring they can load first.
Oh I agree- that would be ideal. In my experience, that's the opposite of what happened.

I hate the skyliner. The idea is great. The gondolas are awesome. But we always stay at POP our last trip was the first trip with the skyliner. I did not like standing in the long lines in the sun (May) waiting for the skyliner to EP or HS at park open. Or super tired and waiting over an hour and a half to go back to POP after EP closed. They don't run the buses to the parks with the skyliner from POP. At least run them at park opening and closing!! We will not stay at POP anymore because of this. Next trip is POFQ.

I also hate lines extending into the walk ways and then you get to the front of ride and the inside line has no one in it and you walk right through! WTH, its hot and busy outside.... use the inside portion of the line!!

I hate the skyliner. The idea is great. The gondolas are awesome. But we always stay at POP our last trip was the first trip with the skyliner. I did not like standing in the long lines in the sun (May) waiting for the skyliner to EP or HS at park open. Or super tired and waiting over an hour and a half to go back to POP after EP closed. They don't run the buses to the parks with the skyliner from POP. At least run them at park opening and closing!! We will not stay at POP anymore because of this. Next trip is POFQ.

I also hate lines extending into the walk ways and then you get to the front of ride and the inside line has no one in it and you walk right through! WTH, its hot and busy outside.... use the inside portion of the line!!

Were they fully loading the Skyliner when youwere there or were they still seperating parties. It took forever during the COVID measures, but when they pack the cars the lines go much faster!

That's really bad. I stayed at Caribbean Beach and the skyliner never took more than 15 minutes to get on. CB is also in a better location because you don't have to transfer.

So are you saying there is no option to take the bus to the park from POP if the skyliner is running?

Not to Epcot or HS. The Skyliner is going to generally be faster anyway. A line does form early for it, but it's not much different from needing to be at the bus stop super early.

Not to Epcot or HS. The Skyliner is going to generally be faster anyway. A line does form early for it, but it's not much different from needing to be at the bus stop super early.
Wow, I didn't realize this. We were planning on skyliner anyway, but odd to think there's no other option (besides Uber I guess). Thanks for clarifying!

Wow, I didn't realize this. We were planning on skyliner anyway, but odd to think there's no other option (besides Uber I guess). Thanks for clarifying!

It is the same at Monorail resorts - for MK & Epcot you are expected to use the monorail. They run busses if the Monorail is down though. I'd take the Skyliner over the Monorail any day - it really is very efficient. They will only make you share gondolas at peak times, and it makes it so easy to hit the resort for mid-day breaks.

I'd take the Skyliner over the Monorail any day - it really is very efficient. They will only make you share gondolas at peak times, and it makes it so easy to hit the resort for mid-day breaks.
I can't wait to try it in September! :goodvibes

I can't wait to try it in September! :goodvibes

It'll be awesome! Please note that form POP you have to transfer at Caribbean Beach, which is the big hub. CM's will direct you to the HS line or the Riviera/Epcot line. The HS line is super short, but the EP line is longer and will pass through Riviera, but you don't have to get out (guests could theoretically join you if needed and you're gondola is not full). Also, keep in mind that it brings you to the BACK of Epcot, near Boardwalk & Yacht & Beach Club, so you are coming in from that side. The IG was expanded to handle the additional volume. It all works very well!

This was May 2021. They were still loading just your party. But it was horrible. The HUB at CBR in the sun waiting out in the old parking lot (the area down below the loading platform) for the Skyliner... we decided then we would not stay at POP again. Same coming back from EP at night. I will say during the day there was no wait. It was only the morning and evening. It got so bad we started using rideshare to get to and from HS and EP at those times. The line at POP wasn't bad. It was the HUB at CBR.

I'm sure its better now but my DH has his mind set that we will never stay there again. (Which does make me sad. We have only ever stayed at POP)

It'll be awesome! Please note that form POP you have to transfer at Caribbean Beach, which is the big hub. CM's will direct you to the HS line or the Riviera/Epcot line. The HS line is super short, but the EP line is longer and will pass through Riviera, but you don't have to get out (guests could theoretically join you if needed and you're gondola is not full). Also, keep in mind that it brings you to the BACK of Epcot, near Boardwalk & Yacht & Beach Club, so you are coming in from that side. The IG was expanded to handle the additional volume. It all works very well!
I didn't know that about the hub, so thanks for that. I did know about entering in the World Showcase, but only because on our 2018 trip we saw all the "coming soon" signs for the skyliner and got excited about it. Time flies!

This was May 2021. They were still loading just your party. But it was horrible. The HUB at CBR in the sun waiting out in the old parking lot (the area down below the loading platform) for the Skyliner... we decided then we would not stay at POP again. Same coming back from EP at night. I will say during the day there was no wait. It was only the morning and evening. It got so bad we started using rideshare to get to and from HS and EP at those times. The line at POP wasn't bad. It was the HUB at CBR.

I'm sure its better now but my DH has his mind set that we will never stay there again. (Which does make me sad. We have only ever stayed at POP)

Well, please be assured that it is much better when they are combining parties. The line at the end of the night will still look long, but it moves FAST when operating at full capacity. I'd say it's better than the wait for a bus.

I don't like Finding Nemo, not just the movie, but the show at AK too.
I'm glad it's back, not because I loved it, but it was my designated AK napping spot! Even when I tried to pay attention, I can't remember the last time I didn't fall asleep. We recently watched live streams of the new show from home and I still fell asleep (*disclaimer: I was reclined in my lazy chair on a Sat after a long work week).

But no, I actually like it fine, the performers seem talented to me. Even if I didn't like it, I don't like to see any attractions going away in general... such as scheduled Kite Tails - since these attract some of the crowds away from where I want to go. The AK parade, however, was an exception, since it was hard to navigate around the viewers. Only parades I watch were MK evening ones.

Love seeing differing opinions, although a lot of my ideas have already been said!

-Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway is meh. I was underwhelmed I guess? I wouldn't wait longer than 10-15 minutes for it.
-Tinkerbell is a a brat and my least favorite character. I would use another "B" word, but don't want to get banned!
-I don't enjoy the Finding Nemo show at all and the benches might be the most uncomfortable seats I've never sat in.
-I actually look forward to the Splash Mountain retheme.
-Don't understand paying Deluxe resort prices. $400-800 a night for what? Maybe if there were a ton of perks or amenities?
-Agree about Food & Wine. Overrated and overpriced. Sure we enjoy some of the food and drink items, but I'm not going to make a trip for it. Plus, I'd rather not eat my food over a trashcan. Go sit and have a meal somewhere!
-I don't get the popcorn bucket thing.
-Pandora is beautiful and FoP is awesome, but I still haven't seen Avatar. And no plans to watch it.

Positive thoughts:

-We love the Skyliner. Worth it to stay at Pop or Caribbean Beach just for that.
-I didn't get Star Wars or Marvel until I did both movie marathons during the pandemic. Now I'm a big fan, especially Marvel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter