What is your Disney shameful secret?

A lot of mine were already said lol guess I'm not alone in some aspects

1. Beverly is not as disgusting as everyone says it is and I find the hate to be kind of overexaggerated. It's a soda meant to be used as a mixer, not to drink on it's own. If anything the soda from China is WAY worse, it tastes like BBQ sauce
2. Never understood why people would want to take their newborns to the parks. I get they're free admission but I don't think it's at all worth the hassle.
3. I would be very happy if Disney bulldozed Tomorrowland Speedyway in WDW and Autopia in DL to the ground and built actually good attractions in their place.
4. The festivals at Epcot are really overrated. The portions are TINY and not at all worth the money and time spent in line. At least with Flower and Garden there's pretty topiaries to look at.
5. Never cared for fireworks shows. I usually leave the park early to enjoy an evening at the pool or use the time to go on some rides.
6. Jungle Cruise is overrated and not worth the 70+ minute waits it gets. The ride is very reliant on whether you have a good Skipper or not and most of time they're meh. I find the ride to be WAY better when it's Jingle Cruise.
We don't have kids, but, seeing tiny babies being dragged around a hot, noisy park doesn't feel right. It feels they are only there as accessories for photo ops.

A lot of mine were already said lol guess I'm not alone in some aspects

1. Beverly is not as disgusting as everyone says it is and I find the hate to be kind of overexaggerated. It's a soda meant to be used as a mixer, not to drink on it's own. If anything the soda from China is WAY worse, it tastes like BBQ sauce
2. Never understood why people would want to take their newborns to the parks. I get they're free admission but I don't think it's at all worth the hassle.
3. I would be very happy if Disney bulldozed Tomorrowland Speedyway in WDW and Autopia in DL to the ground and built actually good attractions in their place.
4. The festivals at Epcot are really overrated. The portions are TINY and not at all worth the money and time spent in line. At least with Flower and Garden there's pretty topiaries to look at.
5. Never cared for fireworks shows. I usually leave the park early to enjoy an evening at the pool or use the time to go on some rides.
6. Jungle Cruise is overrated and not worth the 70+ minute waits it gets. The ride is very reliant on whether you have a good Skipper or not and most of time they're meh. I find the ride to be WAY better when it's Jingle Cruise.
1. I swear I think they changed the Beverly formula. It tastes way sweeter and more lemon since reopening Club Cool.
3. Agreed, those take up way too much space for lame go-karts
4. Also agree, food is expensive and overrated, and the booths clog up the walkways
5 and 6: Disagree for both. Happily Ever After was my favorite thing at Magic Kingdom, better than any other attraction or show, and the new version is still pretty good. I try not to wait too long for it, but the live skippers never get old on Jungle Cruise.

1. I swear I think they changed the Beverly formula. It tastes way sweeter and more lemon since reopening Club Cool.
3. Agreed, those take up way too much space for lame go-karts
4. Also agree, food is expensive and overrated, and the booths clog up the walkways
5 and 6: Disagree for both. Happily Ever After was my favorite thing at Magic Kingdom, better than any other attraction or show, and the new version is still pretty good. I try not to wait too long for it, but the live skippers never get old on Jungle Cruise.
I haven't noticed a difference with Beverly. I just don't think it's as awful as everyone makes it out to be. It's a mixer. I bet it would taste great with gin.

My issue is fireworks isn't necessarily the shows themselves but the effort it takes to see them. I would rather be on a ride with a lower wait or my resort pool than camping out for a spot 1+ hours in advance and having to stand shoulder to shoulder with other hot, sweaty guests. I would probably be a bigger fan of fireworks if everyone was required to sit down for them like in Tokyo Disneyland.

To each their own I guess. There are rides that are favorites of mine that others probably find super boring. Disney has something for everyone and Jungle Cruise just isn't for me. I'll ride if I have a Genie+ for it, but I will not wait in the standby line for it.

I haven't noticed a difference with Beverly. I just don't think it's as awful as everyone makes it out to be. It's a mixer. I bet it would taste great with gin.

My issue is fireworks isn't necessarily the shows themselves but the effort it takes to see them. I would rather be on a ride with a lower wait or my resort pool than camping out for a spot 1+ hours in advance and having to stand shoulder to shoulder with other hot, sweaty guests. I would probably be a bigger fan of fireworks if everyone was required to sit down for them like in Tokyo Disneyland.

To each their own I guess. There are rides that are favorites of mine that others probably find super boring. Disney has something for everyone and Jungle Cruise just isn't for me. I'll ride if I have a Genie+ for it, but I will not wait in the standby line for it.
I probably wouldn't wait 90 minutes for the fireworks either. I've gotten pretty good and sneaking in next to the partners statue around 20 minutes before the show starts, and I'm tall enough that views are rarely an issue.

We don't have kids, but, seeing tiny babies being dragged around a hot, noisy park doesn't feel right. It feels they are only there as accessories for photo ops.
I won't go as far to say they're photo ops but I do feel bad for a lot of these tiny babies being brought to the parks. If I, a grown adult, feel hot and miserable walking around in the Florida heat, I can't imagine how these newborns must feel.

I probably wouldn't wait 90 minutes for the fireworks either. I've gotten pretty good and sneaking in next to the partners statue around 20 minutes before the show starts, and I'm tall enough that views are rarely an issue.
That's another issue that I have. I'm 5'3" so I somewhat need to secure a good spot so I'm able to see the show. My sister is 4'11" so if a dad putting their kid on their shoulders stands in front of us, she won't be able to see anything. We camped out in advance for a front row spot of Harmonious and we plan to never do that again. It just wasn't worth the hassle IMO

I guess my most shameful Disney secret is I took a week-long solo trip and never told my kids. They were out of the country visiting relatives and I took advantage of that. I rope dropped every morning and closed the parks every night (including some 1 am extra magic hours), did lots of special events like the Toy Story Land early entry which included breakfast, a MK dessert party, Tiffins/Lion King package, and the Keys to the Kingdom tour. It was amazing and I would definitely go solo again. However, I am incredibly excited to be bringing my kids on my next trip. It will be my younger son's first trip.

I guess my most shameful Disney secret is I took a week-long solo trip and never told my kids. They were out of the country visiting relatives and I took advantage of that. I rope dropped every morning and closed the parks every night (including some 1 am extra magic hours), did lots of special events like the Toy Story Land early entry which included breakfast, a MK dessert party, Tiffins/Lion King package, and the Keys to the Kingdom tour. It was amazing and I would definitely go solo again. However, I am incredibly excited to be bringing my kids on my next trip. It will be my younger son's first trip.
Oh this is GOOD.

Ok i have another set:

1). I actually want to stay at the all stars again now that they've been redone!
2) If i had the money right now, as much as I want to i don't think i would be a dvc owner. I WOULD however start racking up a Marriott loyalty program for the Swolphin!
3) I never saw wishes live.......
4)The park I have done the most rides/attractions/eaten in is actually DHS. I still need to ride a few things and eat at a couple more places, but I am very close. EPCOT would be second place for how much I have done.
5) I loved trattoria al forno breakfast more without the characters (even though I met some of my faves). If they get rid of the al forno eggs all bets are off! They must stay thats how good they were!
6) My family and I were some of the only people that enjoyed BoG dinner before they changed to prix fix.
7) Somewhere in my home is a painting I did in France when I was four. Plus we have a parasol from there as well. And a lot of pictures are from that pavilion. I guess France was my original fave pavilion!
8) I have never been on figment in any incarnation.
9) I'm sad my last ride on GMR I got the western scene and not the gangster scene.
10) I want them to keep the 50th anniversary statues in various areas of the park after April 2023!

Ok i have another set:

1). I actually want to stay at the all stars again now that they've been redone!
2) If i had the money right now, as much as I want to i don't think i would be a dvc owner. I WOULD however start racking up a Marriott loyalty program for the Swolphin!
3) I never saw wishes live.......
4)The park I have done the most rides/attractions/eaten in is actually DHS. I still need to ride a few things and eat at a couple more places, but I am very close. EPCOT would be second place for how much I have done.
5) I loved trattoria al forno breakfast more without the characters (even though I met some of my faves). If they get rid of the al forno eggs all bets are off! They must stay thats how good they were!
6) My family and I were some of the only people that enjoyed BoG dinner before they changed to prix fix.
7) Somewhere in my home is a painting I did in France when I was four. Plus we have a parasol from there as well. And a lot of pictures are from that pavilion. I guess France was my original fave pavilion!
8) I have never been on figment in any incarnation.
9) I'm sad my last ride on GMR I got the western scene and not the gangster scene.
10) I want them to keep the 50th anniversary statues in various areas of the park after April 2023!
9) I don't think I ever realized on GMR that there are rotating scenes. I thought it was always the same show. Must have been on it over 100x to not pay attn.

1. I don't see the point of the food booths at the various EPCOT festivals, I feel they are overpriced and the portions are too small for what they're charging.

2. I don't care about the Disney bubble and staying on property, I will most likely go back to staying off property next trip as there aren't enough perks left to stay onsite.

3. I really don't like The Incredibles.

• I think Disney should keep the reservation system. It makes travelling around holidays and crowded weeks bearable. I was able to go to Magic Kingdom on Easter Saturday and it was fine, normal crowd levels and no problem getting on all the rides I wanted to, plus a bunch of shows I normally wouldn't have time for.
I agree with this, except i think if you have park hopper you should be able to enter any park after 2:00 (if capacity allows) without having to tap in to the reserved park first. This would leave at least a little flexibility for those that want to change plans.

My best Disney friend and I agreed that we'd rather go to actual jail (hopefully not something serious) than Disney jail and be banned for life. I later nearly went to Disney jail. About 11 years ago, I went to GR when my ticket wouldn't scan correctly at EP. The CM called a mgr. to pull me aside into a room, where the police later came to interrogate me on where I got my tickets. I bought resold tickets from someone who stole several credit cards and had a chain of selling Disney tickets. After over an hour of going through my accounts and payment history, they believed me and let us go. But I was out 7 day hoppers for 6 adults, and not given any sort of passes - I had to buy them for full price on the spot. It was humiliating and stressful.

I agree with this, except i think if you have park hopper you should be able to enter any park after 2:00 (if capacity allows) without having to tap in to the reserved park first. This would leave at least a little flexibility for those that want to change plans.
I agree with that, and even potentially changing the time to 1 pm. That way everyone who reserved the park will have the chance to enter before a potential big rush.

Okay here’s mine:

I haven’t taken Disney busses in my last three trips specifically because I am enraged by motorized carts.

During Covid, when bus service was VERY slow, my daughter and I missed a bus by a couple of groups but at least were near the front for the next bus.

One minute before the next bus rolled up, two motorized carts pulled up each with a large party. They were allowed to board first and (due to no standing during Covid) took the entire bus.

We had to run to catch an Uber to make an ADR.

Haven’t taken a bus since.

Okay here’s mine:

I haven’t taken Disney busses in my last three trips specifically because I am enraged by motorized carts.

During Covid, when bus service was VERY slow, my daughter and I missed a bus by a couple of groups but at least were near the front for the next bus.

One minute before the next bus rolled up, two motorized carts pulled up each with a large party. They were allowed to board first and (due to no standing during Covid) took the entire bus.

We had to run to catch an Uber to make an ADR.

Haven’t taken a bus since.

That was a real problem when bus seating was so limited. I am all for boarding those wtih mobility devices first, but they shouldn't be able to take 20 people with them. It's not nearly as much of a concern when buses are running at normal capacity though.

9) I don't think I ever realized on GMR that there are rotating scenes. I thought it was always the same show. Must have been on it over 100x to not pay attn.
Yep it only happened if they needed to be at high capacity. I never knew it existed either until maybe 2015 when I saw it on a vlog and I was like “wait what?”

I only got the Gangster Scene and didn't know there was a Western scene for a while. Was never able to make it back before it closed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!