What is the difference between.....

KarenB

<font color=green>Goes to the mall and sniffs Yank
BWV standard and preferred views??? I know point wise what the difference is, but how are the views different for a studio?

Karen

The standard rooms are the ones on the left as you come in from the parking lot, or bus stop. On the right are the inn rooms, not part of DVC. The preferred ones are everywhere else, from the ones facing S&D, the pools, and the boardwalk. The sv rooms are preferred by most due to the points difference. We have had both and no complaints on either. We have seen the fireworks from both and also not from both locations. It's also hit or miss to the "ideal" pv location, leaving many to feel jipped and disappointed. There are studios, 1-br and 2-br on both pv and sv locations. GV are all pv.

To put it another way, after you check in and walk down the hallway to the rooms, basically, the standard view rooms are on your left, and the preferred view rooms are on your right.

To me the best standard views are all the way at the end, a long way from the elevators, but much closer to MGM through the building's back exit. The view from there includes less parking and more grass and a small lake.

Thanks for the explaination....they helped very much!

Karen

So, if I was in room 4008 at BWV and overlooking Swan and Dolphin and the Canal, I was in a preferred room or standard? I requested standard is this S or P view? Cool, I may have gotten an upgrade and did not even know!!
DeerH

Originally posted by deerh
So, if I was in room 4008 at BWV and overlooking Swan and Dolphin and the Canal, I was in a preferred room or standard? I requested standard is this S or P view? Cool, I may have gotten an upgrade and did not even know!!
DeerH

You were in a preferred view room. If your trip was recent, you were probably placed there because most, if not all, of the standard view rooms are out of service due to the rehab project.

There was actually a whole thread about this room (and it's neighbor, 4010 - the other half of the lockoff). We were in this room in late May and assumed we had been upgraded from Standard to Preferred due to construction. However, we had one last night where we moved from a 2 bedroom standard to a studio preferred. In order to not have to move, DH and I asked the front desk if we could simply move into the other half of our unit (4008), since we had apparently been upgraded to preferred anyway. The desk person told us we had NOT been upgraded and were in a standard view room. They had to call and arrange it through MS to have us switch and forfeit the three points difference, then they could move us.

If the room had been designated preferred in the computer and at MS, that would not have been necessary. So, bottom line is, at least when we were there, room 4008 was designated standard view. I don't know if it's possible for them to temporarily change the designation in the computer or what, but we wouldn't have had to jump through the hoops to move if it was preferred.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter