What is the Difference Between AKLV Value and Standard Rooms?

mjaclyn

Currently in Wonderland
We are looking to book a two bedroom value or standard view room at the Animal Kingdom Villas in a few months and I was just wondering... what is the difference between the standard and value? The information that I've gathered suggests that the value is a lock off rather than a dedicated two bedroom and that there is no convertible chair in the living room, so it sleeps 8 instead of 9. Are those the only differences? I think we may have just stayed in a two bedroom value room by accident during our last trip. I booked a one bedroom standard view and a studio standard view because no two bedrooms were available. We ended up getting two rooms right next to each other that were connected. I don't think the chair in the one bedroom was a convertible one but I didn't try it so I'm not sure. Anyway, if someone could tell me the differences between the two it would be really helpful because I'm trying to decide whether or not it's worth the extra 25 points to upgrade from a value two bedroom to a standard. We don't have enough points for a savannah view and to be honest, the standard view we had this past weekend was great. It was actually inside the lobby and overlooked the pool. We were still able to see the animals by going to the public overlook areas and I would definitely stay there again.

The Values (which only exist in Jambo House) are about 3 feet shorter than the other villas in Jambo House. All Jambo House 2-bedroom Villas are lock-offs.

we are looking to book a two bedroom value or standard view room at the Animal Kingdom Villas in a few months and I was just wondering... what is the difference between the standard and value?

"standard" refers to the view (either pool or parking lot). "value" refers to the point cost - the value villas are cheaper because they are roughly 3 feet shorter than the other villas - considerably smaller and as a result, they do not have the sleeper chair and the 2BRs only fit 8.

value villas can have a view of the parking lot, pool or savanna.

there are less than a dozen value 2BRs at most. all are lockoffs, so if someone calls and books 3 1BRs, then there are 3 fewer 2BRs available to book.

Except for the 3 feet shorter of the value studios, there really isn't any discernible difference (and whether or not that 3 feet is noticeable is debatable). When all the villas at Jambo house first opened, I did the "grand tour"(a split stay among the 3 different studios-value, standard, and savannah to tell the difference). I found values to be well worth it for the point savings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter