What is the current cost and incentives to join dvc right now?

Disneyfun1

Walt Disney World Lover-DVC Owner Since 1/07
have always wanted to join, but finances always kept us from doing so. thinking once again about joining. what is the current price and incentives to join right now?

$86 a point min 150pts at saratoga...deal ends 1/20
im doing it i think
its going up alot i think in march

have always wanted to join, but finances always kept us from doing so. thinking once again about joining. what is the current price and incentives to join right now?

The current price at SSR is $101.00 per point. If you get a referral from an existing member than you can get a $15.00 per point discount bringing the price down to $86.00 per point. This offer is only good when buying at SSR direct through Disney.
Minimum buy in is 150 points which would be $15,150 less the discount of $2,250 for a final price of $12,900.
If financing through Disney the minimum they require down is 10% and they have different length of terms and rates depending on if you use direct debit or not. They will also add in your dues so you don't get that as one bill too.

If you do not have a guide yet I highly recommend mine. He's a great guy and so very helpful. PM me if you'd lke his name and number.

I hope this was helpful to you. We bought in last year under the same promotion and we love it!

Oh yes this promotion does end Jan 20th.

Good luck and best wishes!

PM me for the referral info if you want to use me. Thanks!

You can also purchase BWV, VWL and any of the other "sold out" resorts (BCV, OKW, VB, HHI) directly from Disney. The price of BWV, VWL and BCV is $95/point. OKW, VB and HHI sell for less than that, at least to members who are adding on there. I'm not sure if non-members buying in get the discounted price at those resorts.

I didn't know you could still buy other resort points through Disney, does anyone know which resort is the cheapest, therefore. What sort of sum are we looking at for minimum points - and do you HAVE to stay at your chosen resort first, or can you book anywhere?

We are going in September this year and may look into this further, if money issues get better! Fingers crossed!:yay:

I didn't know you could still buy other resort points through Disney, does anyone know which resort is the cheapest, therefore. What sort of sum are we looking at for minimum points - and do you HAVE to stay at your chosen resort first, or can you book anywhere?

We are going in September this year and may look into this further, if money issues get better! Fingers crossed!:yay:
You have to purchase a minimum of 150 points. There are closing costs for new members (~$200?). I don't know if the discounted prices at OKW, VB and HHI are offered to new members or just to existing members who are adding on at those resorts. If so, then OKW, VB and HHI would be the least expensive "sold out" resorts at $92/pt vs. $95/pt for the other resorts. There is a price increase coming in March for at least SSR and possibly the other resorts as well.

By September, you will have another choice to consider: AKV! No news yet on pricing on that resort.

do you HAVE to stay at your chosen resort first, or can you book anywhere?

You can book your home resort 11 months before the stay, other resorts you must wait until 7 months.

In practice, I've had very little trouble getting into different resorts. Right before Christmas, we even got a 2 bedroom at Wilderness Lodge Villas using SSR points (booked right at 7 month mark).

You could even choose never to stay at your home resort - you'd just have to book 7 months or less out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter