What is the best resort?

gia2012

Earning My Ears
Planning my Disney World Trip :cool1: and am wondering what hotel is the best for my growing family of 5? Children will be 10, 6 and 1.

Thanks!

Can you be more specific. What tier are you looking for? Value, Mod, or Deluxe.

Value- AoA suite
Mid- Only one that fits without getting 2 rooms is POR
Deluxe- Wilderness Lodge junior suite sounds great.

Hi! You're going to get different answers to this question. My opinion:
Seeing as your kids are under 12, I would probably say, Art of Animation. Now, I have never stayed there before, but the reviews are great. You might want to consider the Family Suites there. You get 2 bathrooms, a dining area and a kitchenette. Plenty of beds (typical and not-so-typical ones) for all. And you really can't beat the in-you-face Disney icons. Kids (and I dare say many adults) tend of find them fun. The pools are supposed to be good too. Especially the Big Blue (zero entry which is perfect for your youngest).

There's a lot of info here on Dis and I'm sure you'll have a blast planning this trip for you and your family. :banana: Have fun!

You didn't mention budget, favorite parks, activities, quiet resort or bustling, type of theme, etc.

It is going to be hard to nail anything done without some specifics.

You didn't mention budget, favorite parks, activities, quiet resort or bustling, type of theme, etc.

It is going to be hard to nail anything done without some specifics.

I guess that would help. We're really in love with the Poly... but with 5 not really sure how that would work out. Last year we stayed at the Beach Club (with 4) and know that we would never fit 5 in their rooms. I like the Poly because of the monorail since we'll be traveling with a stroller again but am most likely leaning towards a moderate or value since we'll be traveling with my parents and in-laws. Since the pool (with slide) is a big deal to my older two, I'm assuming that limits my selections to the moderate/deluxe?

yc/bc has the best pool the disney resorts offers and the location is amazing. you can sleep 5 plus 1 under 3

I guess that would help. We're really in love with the Poly... but with 5 not really sure how that would work out. Last year we stayed at the Beach Club (with 4) and know that we would never fit 5 in their rooms. I like the Poly because of the monorail since we'll be traveling with a stroller again but am most likely leaning towards a moderate or value since we'll be traveling with my parents and in-laws. Since the pool (with slide) is a big deal to my older two, I'm assuming that limits my selections to the moderate/deluxe?

The Poly for sure!!! The rooms are huge, plenty of room for 5, as one can sleep in the day bed. The Poly rooms all have daybeds, that are very comfy. My DD and DS fought to sleep on it at night.

The Poly has the best transportation, super easy walk to the TTC to catch the EPCOT monorail or a bus. Monorail or boat to MK, takes 5-6 min. We thought the buses to the other locations were very quick, and buses came often.

The Poly volcano pool can be crowded, but we like the quiet pool too. Watching Wishes from the beach or pool is wonderful, much better than fighting the crowds at MK.

My vote is for the Poly :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc

Your family can legally fit in any room on wdw property. Your baby doesn't count toward occupancy until he or she turns 3. For a deluxe on the monorail I would actually choose the CR first and if you would like to save a little money the garden wing rooms are less expensive. The rooms are larger than the BC rooms. The pool has a slide although it is a little plain. The best part is the walk to the MK. Much quicker than the monorail. For a moderate, I would choose cbr. The rooms are large and the themed pool is fantastic with 2 slides and a separate gated kids area for the under 48" crowd

The Poly for sure!!! The rooms are huge, plenty of room for 5, as one can sleep in the day bed. The Poly rooms all have daybeds, that are very comfy. My DD and DS fought to sleep on it at night.

The Poly has the best transportation, super easy walk to the TTC to catch the EPCOT monorail or a bus. Monorail or boat to MK, takes 5-6 min. We thought the buses to the other locations were very quick, and buses came often.

The Poly volcano pool can be crowded, but we like the quiet pool too. Watching Wishes from the beach or pool is wonderful, much better than fighting the crowds at MK.

My vote is for the Poly :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc

I agree :thumbsup2.

I would rent DVC points and stay in a villa. OKW has huge rooms and is a short bus ride to all parks.

I'd go with Poly. IMO we had the best transportation there with monorail to MK, walking path to TTC, and so only had to take bus for 2 parks.
Plus the rooms are large.
The rooms are large at CR too and you can walk to MK garden wing would be a cheaper option.

If you felt squished in YC/BC you'll def feel squished in a moderate.

As mentioned, you count as a fam of 4 right now, till baby turns 3. So you can stay at any resort.

Planning my Disney World Trip :cool1: and am wondering what hotel is the best for my growing family of 5? Children will be 10, 6 and 1.

Thanks!

The *best* resort is the one that YOU enjoy the most - to me has nothing to do with price necessarily. I LOVE going to/dining at the resort hotels, but NOT staying there - yes, maybe I'm in the minority there :) I LOVE POFQ - the whole ambiance thing ::yes::

So, it's really what *fits* your family style and budget, and only you can know that ;) Have a great pixiedust: trip!

I would rent points from Dave's DVC rentals and go for a villa at WL. You'll have plenty of room, and with rented points I think you'll pay less than a room at Poly. You don't have monorail, BUT you have the ferry to MK, and from MK you can hop the monorail and go have lunch on the Poly beach if you want to. ;) We stayed in a 2BDR at WLV last trip and we all LOVED it! We went with our 4 kids & my mom. The resort is beautiful, very tranquil, but lots of kid appeal (and adult appeal!). :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter