Disney Springs Restaurant Recommendations

suesueg

Supreme Сasual Dating Legitimate Girls
We will be going to Disney next year and always enjoy Disney Springs but find ourselves going to the same restaurants. Are there any underrated or new restaurants that we should try?

None of these are new or under the radar, but our go-to's are Homecomin', Wine Bar George, Raglan Road and Boathouse. We've never tried Jaleo, but are planning on it during our Dec trip. It looks really good, and frankly I just want to support Jose Andres for all of the amazing work he does around the world.

We also plan on trying out Polite Pig. We've been hesitant to try it as we have our own smoker at home and most BBQ ends up disappointing us vs what we make ourselves. But my husband wants to try out their bourbon bar and they did just get a mention in the new Michelin guide. So we figure it's worth a shot.

Last edited:

None of these are new or under the radar, but our go-to's are Homecomin', Wine Bar George, Raglin Road and Boathouse. We've never tried Jaleo, but are planning on it during our Dec trip. It looks really good, and frankly I just want to support Jose Andres for all of the amazing work he does around the world.

We also plan on trying out Polite Pig. We've been hesitant to try it as we have our own smoker at home and most BBQ ends up disappointing us vs what we make ourselves. But my husband wants to try out their bourbon bar and they did just get a mention in the new Michelin guide. So we figure it's worth a shot.
Jaleo is fantastic and pretty authentic

In no particular order:

• The BOATHOUSE
  • Raglan Road
  • Wine Bar George
  • The Polite Pig
  • Frontera Cocina

I enjoyed Polite Pig very much - lots of good options, both for entree and sides, plus cocktails.

I be in Disney spring next week. I been trying to get T-Rex but no luck. I'm not sure if Planet Hollywood is any good. We are doing it for our son, he will be turning 4. Me and my wife always did Bongos. I heard Bongos is no longer there :(.

I already have BOMA and Crystal Palace reserved. I had Chef Mickey's but canceled it since it was way to late.

Paddlefish was an extremely pleasant surprise for us a few weeks ago ! The service, food, and atmosphere were top notch !!

I be in Disney spring next week. I been trying to get T-Rex but no luck. I'm not sure if Planet Hollywood is any good. We are doing it for our son, he will be turning 4. Me and my wife always did Bongos. I heard Bongos is no longer there :(.

I already have BOMA and Crystal Palace reserved. I had Chef Mickey's but canceled it since it was way to late.
I would avoid Planet Hollywood. I've heard nothing but terrible reviews. My son ate there on a school trip once and said it was the worst meal he'd ever had at Disney.

Since you mentioned your son and not getting into T-Rex, have you thought about Rainforest Cafe? I know, I know (for everyone rolling their eyes). It's over priced and the food is just so-so. But it's not horrible, and when our son was that age he absolutely loved that place! We ate at quite a few different ones when we were traveling. We never left hungry and he had a blast. An added bonus is there are two of them at Disney, so it's probably a bit easier to get into than T-Rex.

Landry's (parent company of both T-Rex and Rainforest Cafe - as well as Yak and Yeti) has a membership program that supposedly gets you priority seating for walk ups. We aren't members, so I can't speak to how successful you'd be. I've seen it mentioned a lot on these boards though, so if you do a search you might find some threads talking about it.

I been trying to get T-Rex but no luck.
If you get a Landry's Select Club membership https://www.landrysselect.com/ you can call the number on the card and make a reservation at T-Rex. Or you can bypass the line and get priority seating by showing them the card. The Select Club costs $25 to join, but you get a $25 credit on your first bill, and you also get a $25 credit during your birthday month (and you can pick any month you want to put down as your birthday month, such as the month you usually visit Disney, because they don't check).

I would avoid Planet Hollywood. I've heard nothing but terrible reviews. My son ate there on a school trip once and said it was the worst meal he'd ever had at Disney.

Since you mentioned your son and not getting into T-Rex, have you thought about Rainforest Cafe? I know, I know (for everyone rolling their eyes). It's over priced and the food is just so-so. But it's not horrible, and when our son was that age he absolutely loved that place! We ate at quite a few different ones when we were traveling. We never left hungry and he had a blast. An added bonus is there are two of them at Disney, so it's probably a bit easier to get into than T-Rex.

Landry's (parent company of both T-Rex and Rainforest Cafe - as well as Yak and Yeti) has a membership program that supposedly gets you priority seating for walk ups. We aren't members, so I can't speak to how successful you'd be. I've seen it mentioned a lot on these boards though, so if you do a search you might find some threads talking about it.
Rainforest I only see lunch available at 1:15, 2:00 and 2:15pm. My son already been to Rainforest. He got spooked when the thunder noise came on I had to take him out of the cafe. He was very young at the time.

Last edited:
These come to mind - we have always enjoyed in no particular order,

The Boathouse
Paddlefish
Morimoto
Homecoming
City Works
Polite Pig

(STK - good, overpriced - if someone likes the club feel - it might be for some - it is extremely loud/definitely not a first choice)

When we don't have an ADR and don't want to wait a long time - Blaze hits the spot too.

Last edited:
We like Frontera Cocina and Homecomin

We used to like Boathouse.....but last time was terrible so we won't go again.
They messed my order up 3 times, so we were there for a couple hours. DH had finished his meal before I got mine done right...........and I still had to pay for it.
And it is very loud.

The Select Club costs $25 to join, but you get a $25 credit on your first bill, and you also get a $25 credit during your birthday month
Hmmm...any idea if you can combine the credits during one visit?

Hmmm...any idea if you can combine the credits during one visit?
I don't think you can use both in one visit, but then again I've read differing reports. So you can ask politely! But if you have any of the numerous Landry's restaurants (see the website for the huge list) near you, you can use the card and credits there too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter