What is something that has changed in your lifetime that you personally refuse to change?

Unlisted telephone number. Known as a blocked ID on a cell phone. Both my landline and my cell phone do not display my number when I call someone. Only time my phone number if shown is if I call 9-1-1 or a toll free number.

No cell phone for me. DH and I commute together and work in the same building on campus, so no need for me to have a phone to get in touch with him. I communicate with DD/friends/relatives via FB messenger. At home we have a land line with answering machine. DH, however, has his own phone (traitor!).

It's Squaw Valley and Alpine Meadows, or if you must, Squallpine. It is NOT "Palisades Tahoe".

I may be driving an automatic now, but I refuse to believe that the stick shift is ever going away.
I never remember the name Palisades Tahoe LOL Squaw Valley it is.

In Boston, the Mystic River Bridge became the Tobin Bridge, and now I don't know what it is. I still call it the Mystic River Bridge. Not sure what the "new" bridge is... Zakim?

We still have a land line and answering machine even though we both have cell phones.
Yeah...not 100% sure Id call mine a land line as its a somewhat duct taped together VOIP thing - but yes there is an answering machine and its nice to be able to screen calls that way. I think it cost me $25 a year so not worth getting rid of even if we rarely use it.

Using cash is getting tougher and tougher as well as getting a discount for cash.

On my recent trip to Universal - not everywhere would take cash to purchase the Annual Passholder Gift cards ($120 for $150 credit). Most places did, but it was an inconvenience as most of those places had lines.

Also at Disney I upgraded a 3 day to a 4 day ticket with cash...the next day I tried to add another day and they would not take cash. Same guest service place in MK by the entrance - but only some of the cast members have a bank, so it was a hassle.

In Boston, the Mystic River Bridge became the Tobin Bridge, and now I don't know what it is. I still call it the Mystic River Bridge. Not sure what the "new" bridge is... Zakim?
It's still called the Tobin Bridge (I found out through family it was named after a previous Mayor of Boston, Governor of MA and guy who was also Secretary of Labor for US DOL named Maurice Tobin. Turns out I'm distantly related to him).

The other bridge is the Zakim Bridge.

Online banking. We don't do it because I need to keep things simple for my husband in case he would ever have to take over paying the bills. He has absolutely no tech skills and can barely use his smartphone. He’s never even used our laptop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter