what if your waiting in line with your fast pass and your time expires?

bratray

<font color=red>Disney Planning Addict<br><font co
ok
if you get a fast pass and you have to return between 11:00 and 12:00- what happens if you return before 12:00 and are waiting in line and 12:00 comes and goes and you still have not rode the ride- do you have to get out of line and get another fast pass??

help

thanks lisa

Once you get in line for the ride, the person picking up the FP's just takes them-they don't look at the time.

The CM at the front of the ride-the one who checks the time--I'm sure they would let you go in if there was a line.

But, we've never had to wait more than 1 minute to get the FP checked.

The biggest problem that causes a wait is--people stand around the entrance to the FP waiting for their time!!! Or people don't know what FP is and are waiting in line to ask a question.

Last month, we went to use our FP at Space Mountain--there were about 30+ people at the FP entrance--only 6 of us went in!!!

1) I have seen several CM's stop the FastPass holder.
2) They (rightfully) said it wouldn't be fair to let them board.
3) They said the passholder had a whole hour to get to the ride.
4) Some CM's might let the passholder through.
5) I wouldn't count on it - instead, just be on time.

For my personal opinion:
I think this is just. A person would be late because they were probably riding another ride. Fast Pass allows a long time to get on the ride, and the passholder should have ample time to get to the ride. To do this is unfair to others who work within the system and use the Fastt Pass as designed.

At some fast pass attractions, they take your FP ticket even before you enter the line. HM is (or at least was, last time we went) is one example-also the Land boat ride, Buzz, PP. The only one that I remember definitely does it the other way is BTMRR (but then my memory could be wrong).

I guess it depends on the CM working the FastPass line but they never checked our Fastpasses. If you are in line when they expire I suppose they would have to let you ride. I think the max time we spent in a fastpass line was at ToT and that was only 5 minutes or so..smjj

We've been late up to 10 to 15 min. late. The CM always waves us through.

We were 10 minutes late to Dinosaur at DAK last week.........but the CM let us in the FP line anyway.

I guess it depends on the CM, but we have gotten in the FP line with FP's that expired hours earlier, with no problem at all. We just figured, if they let us through, great, and if not, oh well!

We took the backstage tour at the MK on our vacation last month. Someone asked the cm during the tour if you were allowed to use an expired fastpass. She said that while it was technically against the rules to allow someone to board a ride with an expired fastpass, she had never seen or heard of a cm not allowing it. Our experience was that the cm at the outside entrance of the queue would check the fastpass time, the cm at the entrance closer to boarding would take the fastpass without even looking at it.

"The biggest problem that causes a wait is--people stand around the entrance to the FP waiting for their time!!!"

Amen to that! Sometimes it was difficult to even determine where the actual entrance to the ride was due to the huge crowds gathering around the entrance trying to slip in a minute or two before they were supposed to!!

Enforcing the 1 hour must be new. We have often used an expired FastPass, even being told to do so by CM's. We were at Dinosaur! in the AK and our son was hungry. They told us to go, get some food, and come back anytime. We questioned this and a supervisor also told us that FastPasses were good all day long, after they became valid.

That was 4 months ago and they may have changed their system. It was always a mad-house at ToT after Beauty and the Beast let out!

We have never had a problem with this either. As earlier posters have said, most tickets are collected at the entrance of the line so waiting in a line, while your time passes, wouldn't be an issue.

The only problem we ever had with Fastpass was in The Land pavillion at Epcot. The CM let me through but told DH he'd have to wait for the next boat. Of course, I was sitting on the boat, before I saw him holding DH back...he eventually let him through.

I also get a kick out of people who get a FP and then stand by the FP entrance 15-20 minutes early "waiting" for the time to arrive. How stupid is that???? Kind of defeats the purpose doesn't it. There are a lot of other things you could be doing in the parks during that time.

Back when the Pooh ride in MK first opened, we had a 2-3 hour wait between the time we received our fastpass and the time we were allowed to return. Unfortunately, our toddler daughter fell asleep! We went to the FP entrance to show the CM and were advised it was okay to return later once she had awakened.

Sharon

The only problem we ever had with Fastpass was in The Land pavillion at Epcot. The CM let me through but told DH he'd have to wait for the next boat. Of course, I was sitting on the boat, before I saw him holding DH back...he eventually let him through.

I have a similar yet scary story but it involves being cut off from my then 4 yr old. We had FP's for Dinosaur and were at the area where FP joins the Q to go in to see the movie. DNi, DSi, DS and myself were let through to one room, then the CM cut off the line to fill the rest of the room with the Q. I turned around and told her my 5DD was behind me, and I wasn't sure if her father was right behind her. She refuse to let DD through or to let me go back, and shut the door in my faceafter telling me I would find her on the other side. I ran thorugh to the other side as soon as the doors opened and found that DH had caught up with DD. 13 DS stayed around in the movie room wiating for the CM to come back in to get her name. We asked for a supervisor and had one waitng for us as soon as we got off the ride.

I think this is just. A person would be late because they were probably riding another ride. Fast Pass allows a long time to get on the ride, and the passholder should have ample time to get to the ride. To do this is unfair to others who work within the system and use the Fastt Pass as designed.
I don't understand your post. The OP was not talking about going to the ride after the FP expires. They asked what would happen if while they were in the FP line, the time expired. Well if the policy was to not let anyone ride if they were in line when the FP expired then they would have plenty of angry people on their hands every day. One example is Splash mountian. I have seen late in the afternoon a 20 min FP wait and a 2 hr Q wait. If I have a FP for 4 and get in the FP line at 3:45 do you really feel it would be unfair to let me on the ride if it took more than 15 min to get to the loading area?

I think they are more strict during high capacity times in the park with letting you use your FP's after they have expired. We always go during relatively slow times, and have never been turned away with a fast pass that has expired, as long as it was for the same date.

Sha-lyn- thank you for explaining this to the previous poster

i didn't mean if i lined up with an expired pass- IF i was already in line and my pass expired what would happen?

thanks for all the great replies

lisa:p

I would think they would have to let you ride. You could be in line and a ride could go down or they could have some other clitch to delay you even thou you got in line within the time on your fastpass ticket..smjj

I was told by a CM last August that fastpasses never ever expire!
He said it only matters if you try to fastpass before your time is due not if your time is expired.

Here's the deal, everybody:
1) once you are admitted into the FastPass Return queue, you will get on the ride.
2) If you are less than 15 minutes late for your window, it is up to the CM, but you will probably be admitted.
3) If you are more than 15 minutes late for your window, it is up to the CM, but you will probably NOT be admitted.
4) If there is a down-time, your FP will be honored until park closing at that particular attraction.
5)FP staffing depends on crowds, where your FP gets collected depends on staffing. All FastPass attractions have 2 main positions in the FastPass Return queue: Validation and Merge.
Validation checks the time on the tickets and admits guests into the FP Return Queue, Merge collects the tickets at the end of the FP Return queue (where it merges with the Standby queue).
Sometimes, usually later in the evening during off-peak times, there will be no one at Merge, and either Validation takes the tickets, or load takes the tickets. This usually never happens at most FP attractions, however.
The CM at Merge is not, and should not be concerned with times, only with keeping both lines moving as smoothly as possible.

Thanks Steve! Wish I had know that about down time on an attraction. It took us four trips to finally be able to ride Test Track. Two of those trips we tried FP and seemed to always have either rain or something else close down the ride.

RNR went down when we had a Fastpass, they gave us a pass good for that day. We didn't get around to using it, we asked the next day and they said no problem. I don't think RNR ever got back up that particular night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter