• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What has Disney removed that makes you the saddest?

all of the acts lost in the big Epcot cut last year ... but mainly, Off Kilter. I also miss Mickey"s & Minnie's houses.

I really miss Epcot in the year 2000. The first trip I ever took that I truly can remember. I'd gone multiple times while much younger but I was able to appreciate finally by that point.

The Millennium Village was a great way to expand the WS offerings without spending ridiculous amounts of money building new pavilions and the general sense of wonder for what was to come.

The new millennium just can't compare to our expectations it seems and Epcot has veered WILDLY away from that vision of the future.

The Lights of Winter. It made me sad that the the only non-religion based decoration was taken down and won't be back.

Spontenaity.

$40/day for dining plan which included appetizers and tips.

Legacy FP. We were able to ride Soarin four times on 12/24 one year.

Lights of Winter.

Riding in the front of the monorail. Got to do it once from TTC to Epcot.

POFQ being included with all moderates in discounts.

LeCellier being one credit and Dinner in Castle was one credit without characters.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe there was a brief time when ADRs were made just 90 days in advance.

That's all I have for now.

The Skyway
Maelstrom
The deep voiced narrator on The People Mover
Bus drivers who actually talked - no pre-recorded announcements
Bambi and Thumper
The fun of just happening upon street performers and characters - no FP required
The striking lit up panorama when you reached the top of Spaceship Earth - more than just the spaceship view of Earth
Going into the park without going through a security line

And yes, spontaneity - I know it can still be done, but the results are usually not as magical as they used to be.

Lady Hiss
princess:

Old school.. 20,000 leagues under the sea! Me and DBF were talking about it today actually. It's the one ride I vividly remember when going as a child. Such a cool ride too!!

Push...the talking trash can! Once you've seen a trash can dance with a disabled child in a wheelchair and the smile that radiated from the face of that child...well, I will miss PUSH forever.

Original Journey into Imagination with Figment
The thrill and rush of bumping into a character while touring the parks
The actual act of touring a park vs. storming the parks and the anxiety brought on by FP+
Mr. Toad's ride
Only 1 Dumbo ride - the magic has worn off with the introduction of it's twin
And as much as my daughter used to be so sad when she was little that she couldn't meet Tinkerbell, I miss the days when tiny flying fairies were not able to be photographed and met, there were just some characters that it didn't make sense to have be 'real' - that being said, my grown daughter will be on line to finally meet her this trip
Maelstrom - only Disney could make such a tiny drop thrilling

For physical attractions, I miss the riding in the front of the monorail, and alien encounter. However, more than anything I miss the ability to be spontaneous. We have never been planners, and I detest having to plan my days when I'm at WDW.

I really miss the giant Sorcerer's Hat. It was a great place for pictures and some of our best family shots were made standing in front of it.

Alien Encounter.

in a strange way I agree with you. I went on that ride when I was about 11. It scared the pants off of me and I swore I'd never ride it again. But actually now i'm an adult I'd like to try it again to see if it was as bad as I remembered.

I would like them to bring back the HyperSpace Hoopla! :dance3:

Off-Kilter
Hyper-Space Hoopla
When you could walk through the castle
Mickey and Minnie's houses
The Street Performers
The old maritime displays in the Living Seas queue
The Millennium Village
When the Kids made actual crafts in the countries at Epcot
Tarzan Rocks
Quality souvenirs that aren't outrageously priced
Japan's candy lady
Old Test Track
Polynesian lobby waterfall
The Old Fast Pass
Really interesting merchandise in the World Showcase, country specific

>Depending on your location, park/resort/country specific merchandise, and I'll add resort-specific mugs in this category.
>TARZAN ROCKS!!
>Queues that are NOT interactive
>The old Spaceship Earth, with Jeremy Irons, where you fell back to Earth through a tunnel of lights and music. I really think they blew this attraction with the last renovation. It was an incredible opportunity to compare the things we dreamed of happening with what we really were able to accomplish- all that was envisioned, and far more! Instead, I get to make (or NOT make) a stupid, computer-generated cartoon with my family's pictures in it. It's dumb.
>True variety/ethnicity in the menu offerings at the restaurants.
>Half-portions for half-price + $1.
>Walking through the Castle. What's the point of a castle if you can't go in?
>One Dumbo
>Skyway
>Old Test Trak queue
>MAELSTROM!!!

Spectromagic anyone? I understand why people like the MSEP more but there's something about the parade that truly makes it unique and special.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter