What happened to Disney Springs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you haven't been for over 10 years then you have no clue as to what you are missing.

I still have zero desire to go to Disney Springs or spend a day of vacation shopping.

I have friends who go to Orlando and dedicate an entire day to outlet malls or Disney Springs. More power to them! They love it.

I recently went on vacation and there were 5 couples. On one particular day everyone split up and some of the girls hit the malls and shopping centers. I hung back with the guys and extra girl who had no desire to shop.

Like I said we have all of that here at home. No need to go on vacation for that.

Different strokes and all that.

The level of whining being displayed in this thread over an outdoor shopping center is ridiculous.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
All that was done was point out the "wrong or stupid" parts of your posting though. You are saying things that aren't true, it isn't like Black Friday on steroids, it just isn't that busy, except maybe on Black Friday. The poster you're losing it at was not correcting how you feel or invalidating opinions, they were objecting to the very real falsehoods you were perpetuating under some silly hyperbole. These boards are a resource for many people, some with no other reliable reference and spreading false truths and hyperbole because of your preference is bad for the sites credibility, it's misinformation and it should be addressed. You want to know what this board is bad about? People losing their minds over not having everyone in agreement with their viewpoint. You said something false and got called out for it, get over it.

Matt

How can you or anyone else objectively say the poster's statement, which they clearly identified as being their own opinion, is false?? You can't tell me that Black Friday crowds in your town are exactly the same as Black Friday in my town or anyone else's. Maybe their Black Friday crowds, while bigger than the rest of the shopping year, are smaller than Black Friday crowds in other locations. You can't prove that the poster's statement was false, and neither can anyone else. And to call them wrong and stupid because you don't like their opinion is, just that.

My opinion and feel free to tell me I am wrong (it doesn't bother me, really) is that DS is not really for the avid American WDW visitor. I say that because where I live in Houston we have high end shopping that tends to be a little spread out but, we have one place in Houston (The Galleria) where there is a huge collection of high end stores in one mall with an Ice Skating ring (an oddity for Texas) two hotels, and Saks, and Tiffany's and all the other stores I care nothing about. I probably have not been there except for two business meetings in 20 years. Not my thing, not my friends thing, but they do massive amounts of business there. It also has one of the few remaining Disney Stores in Houston there. We go the the Disney Outlet store in the Outlet mall ourselves. What this place really caters to is out of town, mostly out of country folks. I cannot even tell you the number of wealthier Mexicans that stay in the hotels and shop for 4 days straight before returning home.

So my opinion is that DS is catering to those folks that look for "fun" shopping destinations and DS is catering somewhat to them. I say somewhat because there are still things someone like myself who is more "Disney" enjoys. I like several of the resturaunts, the World of Disney, The Christmas store, The Art of Disney, the Cooking Store, the Pin Trading Store, and the place that sells the D&B purses (my wife likes it). As far as a lot of the other stores go, no as a Disney addict I don't care for them as much, well except maybe the Pandora store (again for the wife). I don't complain about them, I just don't go to them or buy anything at them.

My philosophy when it comes to WDW is, was, and will be, if I like it, I'll come back again and do it, shop at it, ride it, or eat it. If I don't I won't.

Maybe it's my age, maybe it's because I am tired, but things like what has happened at DS just don't really make a blip on the radar screen for me anymore.

DS seems like an easy way to get Disney guests who want something *different* out of their vacation - either as a destination or simply a break from the parks - to stay on property and/or to draw local crowds. If you don't fall in to those categories then so be it. However, I'd imagine a lot of research went in to making the decision to build up DS for this reason. I mean, heck, I don't really care for various aspects of the existing parks but that doesn't mean it doesn't interest others and help to bring people to them. *shrugs*

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter