What else to say to the characters???

These are awesome!!!! We wore special shirts a few days we were ar the parks and received a lot of attention from characters, CM's, and other guests We had a couple cute experiences on our trip in Feb.

Pooh is one of my favorites! I teased my 4yr old neice that I was going to squeeze the stuffing out of him when I saw him. She was so worried that I would hurt him and asked if he is real, why would he have stuffing?? I told her that Pooh bears are make of stuff and fluff. When we saw him at a character breakfast I warned him that I was going to squeeze him, but my neice assured him that I wouldn't hurt him. I then told him I loved him and he motioned I love you too! My neice loved it and was so happy for me.:lovestruc

At the P&P party my neice dressed as tinkerbell and peter came up to her out of the parade and said "Hi Tink" She is still on cloud 9. We saw him the next day and she asked if he remembered her. I tried to help him by saying yes, he remembering seeing you as Tinkerbell last night and he chimmed right in.:cloud9:

We saw Stepmother outside the castle, she ordered my neice to stand still when having her picture taken. My neice walked away saying "she really is bossy"

At Chef Mickey's I told Pluto that I was so glad to see him, I needed a dog fix as I was missing my dog at home. He gave me a big hug and a very wet sounding kiss.

We saw Cinderella's mice friends the two 4yr olds I was with ran up to one with hugs, the other was so hurt she turned her back to them & crossed her arms. My neice felt to bad she ran over to her and gave her a big hug & kiss.

I hope the girls never forget these precious memories, I know I won,t and can't wait to go back and make more.pixiedust:

Thanks for all the ideas!!!

My DH and I were at Cinderella's castle for dinner and when we came downstairs we saw Cinderella. I said that I always wanted to be Cinderella and she said, "But you are a princess" turning to my DH, "I hope that you treat her as one." I got lots of mileage with that one!

Another time, my DH tried to ask one of the Guides walking with Goofy how the CMs stay cool under the costumes. He felt the question was safe since there were no children around. She looked at him as if he had two heads and said, "What costumes?" He continued, saying that the fur must be really hot and she added, "Oh, I see what you are saying. In the summertime they cut their fur really short." I laughed outloud. She was great!

Denise::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

:lmao:

:surfweb:
Whew...finally finished all these pages today! Nothing like using good ole work hours to read the Dis boards!!!

DDs and I have been trying to come up with some things to say to characters we might meet.

What do you suppose Mike W's reaction would be if you called him "googleybear"?

well I'm a twin and frequently get mixed up with my other half. So I think me and my sister would have to go up to Chip and Dale and purposely call them by the wrong names!

Once, at donalds boat, my 4 yr old dd noticed that there was a "hole" in the boat. Donald was there, and there was no line, so she went right up to him and told him. He looked around and got very "scared" He did some oh no, gestures, and tried to tell the CM there about it. It was too cute. My daughter really did think there was something wrong with his boat :lmao:

LOL :lmao: Aw thats to cute! Kids really do say the darnest things dont they? :lmao:

Once, at donalds boat, my 4 yr old dd noticed that there was a "hole" in the boat. Donald was there, and there was no line, so she went right up to him and told him. He looked around and got very "scared" He did some oh no, gestures, and tried to tell the CM there about it. It was too cute. My daughter really did think there was something wrong with his boat :lmao:

Ok so I just spent all morning reading all 26 pages of this thread, and decided to compile what I've learned :laughing: So if you need any ideas maybe these will help. These aren't my ideas mind you!! I just compiled them into one post. I won't mention some of the reactions. Not only will it spoil the fun, your reaction could be different hehe. This is an awesome thread!! I'm definitely subscribing! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Ideas for questions, ice breakers, and other ways to get reactions from characters:

Minnie & Mickey:
Ask Minnie if she got a wedding ring yet.
Minnie loves it when you wear a shirt with her on it! (So does Mickey :D )
Wear Minnie Mouse costume to Chef Mickey's (or bring a Minnie Mouse doll).
Ask Minnie how many dresses she has. Try to ask her in front of Mickey, or when a CM is around.
Tell Minnie she's the real princess.

Chip & Dale:
Ask Chip and Dale if they are squirrels (or gophers)
Call Chip...Dale and Dale...Chip....
Call Chip or Dale Alvin or Theodore
Ask Chip and Dale how to tell them apart.
Tell Chip and Dale you have nuts in your backpack.

Donald, Goofy, Pluto:
Ask Donald Duck where Mickey Mouse is.
Call Donald "Daffy" or wear a Daffy shirt around him.
If you have the talent, speak to Donald Duck in a duck's voice.
Wear your Pal Mickey or a Mickey shirt/hat around Donald
Call Goofy or Pluto "Snoopy"
Give dog biscuits/treats to Pluto
Scratch Pluto behind the ear
Tell Pluto he's a good dog.

Peter Pan, Wendy & Captain Hook:

Tell Captain Hook....TICK TOCK!!
Crow at Peter Pan.
Ask Peter Pan where he's from in front of Wendy.
Tell Hook he's a codfish.
Have a stuffed croc around Hook.
Where a kelly green shirt around Wendy.
Tell pirate jokes to Peter Pan - Like...What kind of movies do pirates like? One rates Arrrr And...Why are they rated R? Because of all the Pirate Booty in them.
If you say the words "How Rude" in the same tone Little Michelle uses on Full House to Captain Hook, he will give you more attitude than you might think it's worth. Although his reaction is hilarious!
Have on pirate paraphernalia around Peter Pan lol.

Cruella:
When you see Cruella.... BARK!!!!
Cruella gave extra negative attention in response to a hat that had a Disney feline on it! She also notices jewels!
Curella LOVES compliments!
Wear stripes around her.

Princesses:
The gist I've gotten is, they all LOVE to talk and have background stories, and they don't need much prompting.
Princesses oohh and awe over jewelry and clothing with images of them on it.
Ask Pocahontas how she says Hello.
Bow to a princess, and call them your highness ... they love that.
Speak French to Belle.
Ask Belle what her favorite book is.
Ask Snow White how the Dwarves are doing.
Ask Mulan if she's found her true love. When says no, tell her you'll put in a good word with the matchmaker.
Princesses LOVE little boys!
They also love hand drawn/colored pictures and CAN accept them!

Pooh & Friends:
Ask Eeyore if he's lost his tail.
To Pooh: "Where's the hunny? I have a rumbly in my tumbly"
Ask Tigger for bouncing lessons.

Alice & Wonderland cast:

Ask the Mad Hatter for his "autograph". He may draw a picture of a car and a graph.
Tell the Mad Hatter it's your Unbirthday.
Ask the white rabbit for the time.
Mention that you have a cat to Alice.

Dwarves:
Call one of the 7 Dwarfs by the wrong name, very funny, especially if all 7 are present.
Ask Dopey what 1 + 1 is.

Mary Poppins:
Say "Supercalafragilisticexpealidocious" to Mary Poppins.
Ask her to say it backwards.
Ask her how your kids "Measure Up!"

Toy Story:
To Buzz: Point behind him and yell "It's Zurg!!! Oh No!!!"
To Buzz: Ask him exactly where "Beyond" is.
To Woody: "There's a snake in your boot!!!"
To Woody: "Somebody's poisoned the water hole!!!"

General or other:
Give the villains a hug.
Wear a Universal shirt.
Have a stuffed Simba when you see Rafiki.
Offer Stitch a cookie.
Wear something with Stitch on it that he can take, like a backpack.
Stitch and Meeko are known to rummage through purses and backpacks for "food."
Ask Meeko if he is a badger.
Try calling Mushu a lizard.
Prince John - Tell him he's the rightful king, and he'll agree!
Sing Bear/Bare Necessities to Baloo.
Salute the green army man in MGM.
Wait in line to see Capt Jack, but when you get to the front act like you were in line to see Davy Jones.
After a picture op, tell a fur character they blinked or their eyes were closed lol.

Thanks for the list, that is awesome!!! My DD also asked Belle where the Beast was and she told her that he was getting his fur brushed. She went on to tell her how much effort it takes to keep him well groomed, nails clipped etc, it was really cute. When DD met Cindy for her first time, I cryed and thanked Cindy for making DD dreams come true, she stood up, walked over to me, gave me a hug, and said that she thought that maybe my dreams had come true as well! I still get all teary eyed when I look at the pics and think about it!

I'm gonna make a 'diamond ring' for Mickey to give to Minnie. I think I can create it out of plastic and stiff ribbon, and it would be large enough for her to fit on a finger with the gloves on. Dinner at Chef Mickeys on Wednesday night, let's see what happens.

We went to the GF for breakfast. We told the mad hatter we were on our honeymoon and whenever he walked by our table, he hummed here comes the bride.

These are great! Just wanted to add a couple of our experiences on our last trip :)

When we met Captain Hook outside POTC I was wearing my Captain Jack T-shirt. When Hook pointed at it I told him that he was much scarier than Captain Jack, and he looked pleased. Then I added that Captain Jack was the better looking one! He put his hands on his hips and looked to the CM who was with him and she said, "Yeah, I'd have to agree with that!" and he proceeded to try and tie her to the nearest pillar!

I also had a lovely interaction with Sleeping Beauty when she noticed my engagement ring. She asked if I had a Prince and pointed out my DF. She then asked if I found him in the forest and lectured him on how he must be sure to treat me like a princess at all times!

A slightly bizarre one was when we met Flik in AK. I said we'd been to see 'his' show twice on our trip and he got really excited and wouldn't let me go! He also signed my autograph book "Thanks for seeing my show"!

You can do what my then 3 year old niece did...she saw Ariel at the Princess Breakfast and just about went into Kiddie Shock, when Ariel came over and said "hello Princess" Kayla said "I love you!" Ariel said, "I see you have me on your shirt and your pins" and Kayla said:

"YES AND I HAVE YOU ON MY PANTIES TOO!"

I almost passed out but Ariel just smiled and gave her a hug and a wink at me! :rotfl:

You can do what my then 3 year old niece did...she saw Ariel at the Princess Breakfast and just about went into Kiddie Shock, when Ariel came over and said "hello Princess" Kayla said "I love you!" Ariel said, "I see you have me on your shirt and your pins" and Kayla said:

I almost passed out but Ariel just smiled and gave her a hug and a wink at me! :rotfl:

:lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2: (...made my day - thanks!!) :lmao: :lmao:

:rotfl: :rotfl2: :lmao:

OMG That's so funny I think I'm going to pee my pants!! Do they have a smiley for that???

I can TOTALLY see my 3yo DD doing that!!

That's a riot!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter