What else to say to the characters???

afterwards i got to meet peter he now flipped when he saw my shirt and was very interactive with me complimenting me about it asking what it said since he couldn't read, and did i have a girl to make sure it stayed clean? and he even hugged me (really out of character for Peter but photographer didn't get that shot lol i plan on trying again this month though​

It's not really that out of character of him.

It's not really that out of character of him.

might just be my experiences then, i like to character watch as before it wasn't easy for me to get to the characters for medical reason, so i just enjoyed watching, a lot of characters stay very true to themselves. which i know they are trained to do. from what I've heard and seen i just assumed it was out of character for my age, and for guys. I've started being able to be more mobile and meet more of them in the last couple years (thank the lord!)

either way was still nice lol being hugged by favorite disney character all the same

Okay then. As long as they're just merely providing lip-service/fan-service when asked about the cheapquels, then I can try not worrying too much.

It's just that I can be rather passionate about some things sometimes and I'm afraid it can ruin things for me if I bring certain things up or ask certain things (for example, I like to be able to talk to John Smith and Pocahontas about their relationship and tell them they're a great couple without fear of them mentioning that no-account John Rolfe :mad:, Ariel not acknowledging Melody, Anastasia not mentioning the baker and continuing her original self by going after other men, Aladdin and Jasmine not mentioning Iago's reformation, etc.).

I just don't want things to be ruined for me and I just want to make sure they stick PRIMARILY to the original film events, in keeping with the company's official records and policies that the cheapquels are not canon (only the original films and films made by Walt Disney Animation Studios/Walt Disney Feature Animation are officially canon in those stories and not by Walt Disney Television Animation, which made the majority of the cheapquels, thus the direct-to-video sequels, movie-based TV shows, etc. are not official continuations of the Feature Animation-produced films) and that just because the characters bring certain things up does not necessarily mean they're going against the established set-in-stone status quo (ie: John Smith remaining Pocahontas' official "prince" and one true love especially with them even being acknowledged as an official couple in the Disney Princess franchise, Iago still being a villain and in cahoots with Jafar, Anastasia still desperately searching for a husband and pursuing other men just like Drizella, etc,) by talking about the rarely-acknowledged and almost unknown non-canonical things.

At the end of the day, as long as all the characters remember stick strictly to certain dynamics established and set in stone in the original official canon films at all times no matter what (Pocahontas & John Smith remaining an official couple, Iago still being Jafar's sidekick, Jasper & Horace still being Cruella's henchmen, Anastasia still being a desperate husband-seeking man-chaser alongside Drizella, etc.), especially since the original film character dynamics are what the company constantly reaffirms in most of their media in addition to the parks (franchises, merchandise, company records, etc.) and the cheapquel mentions and references by them remain mostly-unacknowledged and kept to a MAJOR minimum at best, that's all that really matters (they don't even have any of the cheapquel-exclusive characters walking around the parks anyway).

I hope you understand where I'm coming from and I hope there's no hard feelings.

You mean the John Rolfe that was her husband?

Like others have said, Mr. Incredible and Frozone are extremely interactive. You don't even really need to say or do anything to get them going. They were hilarious.

It's just that I can be rather passionate about some things sometimes and I'm afraid it can ruin things for me if I bring certain things up or ask certain things (for example, I like to be able to talk to John Smith and Pocahontas about their relationship and tell them they're a great couple without fear of them mentioning that no-account John Rolfe :mad:, Ariel not acknowledging Melody, Anastasia not mentioning the baker and continuing her original self by going after other men, Aladdin and Jasmine not mentioning Iago's reformation, etc.).

I just don't want things to be ruined for me and I just want to make sure they stick PRIMARILY to the original film events, in keeping with the company's official records and policies that the cheapquels are not canon (only the original films and films made by Walt Disney Animation Studios/Walt Disney Feature Animation are officially canon in those stories and not by Walt Disney Television Animation, which made the majority of the cheapquels, thus the direct-to-video sequels, movie-based TV shows, etc. are not official continuations of the Feature Animation-produced films) and that just because the characters bring certain things up does not necessarily mean they're going against the established set-in-stone status quo (ie: John Smith remaining Pocahontas' official "prince" and one true love especially with them even being acknowledged as an official couple in the Disney Princess franchise, Iago still being a villain and in cahoots with Jafar, Anastasia still desperately searching for a husband and pursuing other men just like Drizella, etc,) by talking about the rarely-acknowledged and almost unknown non-canonical things.

At the end of the day, as long as all the characters remember stick strictly to certain dynamics established and set in stone in the original official canon films at all times no matter what (Pocahontas & John Smith remaining an official couple, Iago still being Jafar's sidekick, Jasper & Horace still being Cruella's henchmen, Anastasia still being a desperate husband-seeking man-chaser alongside Drizella, etc.), especially since the original film character dynamics are what the company constantly reaffirms in most of their media in addition to the parks (franchises, merchandise, company records, etc.) and the cheapquel mentions and references by them remain mostly-unacknowledged and kept to a MAJOR minimum at best, that's all that really matters (they don't even have any of the cheapquel-exclusive characters walking around the parks anyway).
So I have a question. How do you feel about Gaston doing meet and greets since he died in Beauty and the Beast? Or what about Jafar not meeting in genie form?

I think you're safe. They generally follow the guest's lead, and know most people haven't seen the sequels, so the characters aren't likely to bring anything up from those unless specifically asked. :)

New thoughts to further elaborate on what I said previously:

What I REALLY object to is when they mention the cheapquel events, characters, etc. on their volition, which has happened to me a couple of times and it makes me very uncomfortable and it's also extremely disrespectful to the company and what they establish as canon as well as to those who either hate the cheapquels or never saw them. >:(

Any character friends who do that do not seem to know or comprehend that most people haven't seen the cheapquels and ought to be retrained to never talk about anything in the cheapquels or related to them unless a guest asks specifically about them first. >:(

This thread is great, has anyone got anything to say to Goofy, he seems to be the only classic character not mentioned.

So I have to add our goofy story since it's one of our best character interactions.

I took just my youngest DD to Disney last September. She had very recently lost both of her front teeth. We went to Tusker House for breakfast and when goofy came around, he pointed out that they had matching smiles (gap in the front). She was SO excited as goofy is her favourite, and she exclaims "I know!!! I lost them!!!!!!" Then does he not gasp and put his hands by his cheeks and then gets on the floor CRAWLING all around looking for her lost teeth :rotfl2:. DD looses it and starts belly laughing and his handler goes "oh no goofy. She doesn't mean she lost them here!!"

So cute and so magical

My son met Jack Skellington at Disney Land and made a scary face for him. Jack replied with "oh my, what a fantastically scary face. Keep practicing"

One of my other favorite interactions was when my son was taking a picture with Cinderella at the character dinner at the Grand Floridian, one of the step sisters photobombed us and made faces in the background.

So glad to see this thread come back! I'll definitely have to spend some time reading through it!

When I went to see Peter Pan for the first time, I asked him if he would make me a Lost Girl and he gave me an entire list of things that Lost Girls need to know how to do such as knowing how to mend pockets, tell stories and make pumpkin pancakes. Then, when I told him I can do all of that, he declared me a Lost Girl and said that I was now the Lost Boys' and his new mother.

I'm from Louisiana, so meeting Tiana was a lot of fun since we talked gumbo, stuffed beignets from a restaurant close by my home, and she said I'd have to bring some for her and Naveen to try. I told Elsa about the snow granny we built during a recent snow fall and she said that I should have tried to bring it to life since Olaf would love a grandma. And when I went to see Belle, I brought a storybook with me and we chatted for a while about our shared love of books.

There's several more but those have been some of my favorites!

So glad to see this thread come back! I'll definitely have to spend some time reading through it!

When I went to see Peter Pan for the first time, I asked him if he would make me a Lost Girl and he gave me an entire list of things that Lost Girls need to know how to do such as knowing how to mend pockets, tell stories and make pumpkin pancakes. Then, when I told him I can do all of that, he declared me a Lost Girl and said that I was now the Lost Boys' and his new mother.

I'm from Louisiana, so meeting Tiana was a lot of fun since we talked gumbo, stuffed beignets from a restaurant close by my home, and she said I'd have to bring some for her and Naveen to try. I told Elsa about the snow granny we built during a recent snow fall and she said that I should have tried to bring it to life since Olaf would love a grandma. And when I went to see Belle, I brought a storybook with me and we chatted for a while about our shared love of books.

There's several more but those have been some of my favorites!
Such good ideas! My 17 year old daughter and I were just reading your post and admiring your cute photo! Love it! You are so cute!

ask Mad Hatter to take a selfie. Each time we've tried it, we had a lot of fun with him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter