What does driver do about luggage?

lucyanna girl

<font color=blue>My hair looks like Tigger spit ou
We have never used a car service before. Gosh, we only have one taxi in the little town we live in! I'm could use some coaching here. When you land at the airport you collect your luggage and......? Also, when you check-in at the resort (CRB) do they put you and your luggage out at the door or do you check-in, go back to the car and they drive you to your building? What about tipping, How much is customary? Oh, I forgot about a grocery stop - do you arrange that ahead of time or do they allow time in their schedule in case you need to stop? One more thing, how long before plane departure time do they pick you up at the resort and do they help you with your luggae then? Sorry to be so long winded but I sure hate to show off just how country I really am. :confused3

lucyanna girl said:
We have never used a car service before. Gosh, we only have one taxi in the little town we live in! I'm could use some coaching here. When you land at the airport you collect your luggage and......? Also, when you check-in at the resort (CRB) do they put you and your luggage out at the door or do you check-in, go back to the car and they drive you to your building? What about tipping, How much is customary? Oh, I forgot about a grocery stop - do you arrange that ahead of time or do they allow time in their schedule in case you need to stop? One more thing, how long before plane departure time do they pick you up at the resort and do they help you with your luggae then? Sorry to be so long winded but I sure hate to show off just how country I really am. :confused3
This has been our experience using Tiffany Town Car a few times:
They have waited for us at the bottom of the escelators on the level where you collect your luggage. They hold a sign with your name on it. We go over and get our luggage. The towncar driver helps us take our luggage out to the curb. He/She tells us to wait there while they go get the car. The load the trunk with the luggage (DH & DS usually help), then we are on our way. If we requested a grocery stop the driver will stop at a grocery store for us to quickly run in for a few things. (you must tell them when you reserve the town car service that you want a grocery stop. If you don't they probably won't have time in there schedule to stop). When you get to your resort they will unload your luggage. You can then take your luggage yourself or have the resorts bell service take your luggage. On return you can handle your luggage yourself or use bell services. I don't remember exactly how early the towncar service picked us up for return to the airport, but I believe it was 2 - 2 1/2 hours before our flight. We tip the drivers between $10 & $15 each way.

We have never used a car service before. Gosh, we only have one taxi in the little town we live in! I'm could use some coaching here. When you land at the airport you collect your luggage and......?

As you are going down the escalator, there will be a driver with a sign with your name on it in his hand. He will help you collect your luggage and get it outside, and then you will have to wait a few moments while he fetchs the car.

Also, when you check-in at the resort (CRB) do they put you and your luggage out at the door or do you check-in, go back to the car and they drive you to your building?

They put you and our luggage out at the check-in area, the resort staff will handle it from that point.

What about tipping, How much is customary?

$10 each way, plus an extra $5 for a grocery stop, and still more if you've got a lot of luggage (more than a checked bag and a carryon each). Keep in mind that you will also tip the baggage handers at the resort if you are at a deluxe--generally $1-2 a bag, including groceries.

Oh, I forgot about a grocery stop - do you arrange that ahead of time or do they allow time in their schedule in case you need to stop?

You should arrange it in advance.

One more thing, how long before plane departure time do they pick you up at the resort and do they help you with your luggae then? Sorry to be so long winded but I sure hate to show off just how country I really am. :confused3

Generally they will want to pick you up about 2.5 hours before your flight time. You need to be out front in the same general area they left you off in, with luggage waiting. They will load it in the trunk for you. It is your responsibility to work with the resort to get the bags to the front of the resort, the driver will not get them from your room.

Anne

Thank for the answers. It really helps to know what to expect! :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter