What do you feel it will be like for us when WDW opens again using our mobility wheelchairs & scooters?

Post #102-Disney Park Pass Reservation System: FAQ - dvcfan Paul Krieger - June 19, 2020

With the new Disney Park Pass reservation system only hours old, many are scrambling to figure out all the details before the launch on Monday, June 22nd, at 7 am, EST.

While we don’t have all the answers, we thought it would be good to compile a list of some of the most frequently asked questions we have seen about the Disney Park Pass system in order to help our DVC Fan Community best prepare to navigate this new process.

First and foremost, please know that we are as new to this system as you are and don’t have every answer to every question. That being said, this information is evolving quickly and may change. The only official channel in which to get an answer to questions regarding your vacation would be to reach out to Walt Disney World about your specific travel plans. While we realize that it is extremely frustrating at this time due to increased wait times, we highly suggest you speak with Disney

If you have a question you wish to have answered, head over to our DVC Fan Facebook Group and post it in the comments of this posts thread. We will not get to every question but will try to address many of the common concerns we’ve seen about the new Disney Park Pass Reservation process.

Q: How far out can you make park reservations on Monday, June 22?
From everything we have been hearing, guests with a valid resort reservation and associated admission ticket or Annual Pass can book theme park reservations starting Monday, June 22nd, for all stays through 9/26/2021. Although this is what we’ve heard, we honestly have no idea how the website or Disney could handle this coming Monday at 7 am, EST. I would expect an update or perhaps clarification from Disney this weekend, so keep your eyes out for more guidance on this (…but also be ready to book theme park reservations for the next fifteen months…).

Q: So can 1 person make the reservations for the whole party?
Yes – Think of this system very similar to what you do when you make a Fastpass+ reservation. The key things you need to verify prior to making a reservation is that all members of your party are on your resort reservation, all have valid theme park tickets linked, and you have linked everyone in your My Disney Experience account.

Q: Does my 2-year-old need a ticket?
No, park reservations and tickets are only required for guests ages 3 and up.

Q: We would be making reservations in July for a February 2021 vacation at Disney World. Are we not able to buy tickets until July? How can we know (can we?) that tickets will still be available?
It seems many are in this ticket limbo, and unfortunately, Disney has not provided much guidance on the issue. What we know at this time is that Disney has stated that by June 28th, 2020, guests will be able to purchase theme park tickets and make their park reservations for travel in 2021. Currently, for those needing tickets for a trip booked in 2020, the only statement we have is that based on availability, 2020 theme park ticket sales will resume later this Summer. As far as being sure of availability, I’m not sure there is anything we can be sure of at this point…

Q: Can I still make park reservations if I have not yet activated my annual pass?
While we don’t know for sure, it seems like your annual pass will count as a valid ticket similar to how inactivated annual passes can be used to book fast passes. Be sure to have your annual pass linked in MDE just in case. Keep an eye on the Annual Passholder website throughout the weekend to see if further information is provided from Disney.

Q: If I didn’t receive an email from Disney regarding my upcoming trip, will I still be able to book park reservations?
You should be able to book park reservations on Monday, June 22nd, as long as your resort reservation and tickets are linked in My Disney Experience. Be sure to double and triple-check that, but otherwise, we think you will be good to go!

Q: If I am an Annual Passholder, how many park days am I able to reserve at a time?
According to the Annual Passholder website, “All Annual Passholders are eligible to make Theme Park reservations for up to 3 days at a time, or Annual Passholders staying at select Disney Resort or other select hotels with valid Theme Park admission are eligible to make Theme Park reservations for their entire Resort length of stay. All reservations are subject to availability and applicable pass blockout dates.

Q: I’ve noticed that the reservation system will require me to pick a time to come into the park. Will we be limited on the amount of time, or are they trying to keep everyone from arriving at the same time?
Based on what we’ve seen, it sounds like the goal of this arrival time is a staggered entrance in order to avoid the rope drop type of crowds they usually get.

Q: If my annual pass won’t be extended until October, how do I make park reservations for the days after my annual pass is currently set to expire?
Since you need valid park admission to make park reservations, you may not be able to book your reservations until after your pass is extended. A great article was posted over on The DIS that outlines these extensions and specific details.

Q: What if tickets aren’t on sale when our 60-day dining window opens? Will I still be able to do dining reservations?
While you will still be able to get ADRs for Walt Disney World Resorts and Disney Springs restaurants, you probably will not be able to book any dining reservations for the theme parks without a park reservation for that day.

Q: The email I received said we will access the Disney Park Pass reservation system in My Disney Experience. Where do you go to do this?
Disney Park Pass is not currently accessible at this time. If it is anything like the Rise of the Resistance boarding groups, it will not be hard to miss come booking day.

Big shoutout to Lauren Hee and Amy Krieger who have been helping filter questions and provide answers as we have them!
Stay tuned to DVC Fan, the DVC Fan Facebook Group, and The DIS for more information as it becomes available!

Here is what I received in my email.

Passholders: Important Theme Park news

Soon it’ll be time to return to the enchantment. To zip through space, go on safari, soar around the world and take a wacky ride on a runaway railway. But before we reopen the gates, we wanted to share some important information that will help you make the most of the magic.

NEW THEME PARK RESERVATION SYSTEM
We continue to keep the health and well-being of our cast, Guests and communities top of mind, so as we take this measured approach to reopen our Theme Parks, we will manage attendance through our new Disney Park Pass system. This new Theme Park reservation system on DisneyWorld.com will require all Guests to make advance reservations for Theme Park entry.

Passholders with an existing Disney Resort or other select hotel reservation can access the Disney Park Pass system beginning June 22, while all Annual Passholders are eligible to make Theme Park reservations starting June 26. Pass blockout dates apply and you should check the applicable blockout calendar for your pass type prior to making your Theme Park reservations.

Soon it’ll be time to return to the enchantment. To zip through space, go on safari, soar around the world and take a wacky ride on a runaway railway. But before we reopen the gates, we wanted to share some important information that will help you make the most of the magic.

NEW THEME PARK RESERVATION SYSTEM
We continue to keep the health and well-being of our cast, Guests and communities top of mind, so as we take this measured approach to reopen our Theme Parks, we will manage attendance through our new Disney Park Pass system. This new Theme Park reservation system on DisneyWorld.com will require all Guests to make advance reservations for Theme Park entry.

Passholders with an existing Disney Resort or other select hotel reservation can access the Disney Park Pass system beginning June 22, while all Annual Passholders are eligible to make Theme Park reservations starting June 26. Pass blockout dates apply and you should check the applicable blockout calendar for your pass type prior to making your Theme Park reservations.

In order to make your reservations, you will need a My Disney Experience account and valid annual pass linked to it. If you’re staying at a Disney Resort hotel, be sure to link your Resort reservation to your My Disney Experience account as well. Simply log into your My Disney Experience account and check for the date and Theme Park you wish to visit. To enter a Theme Park, both a reservation and valid ticket or annual pass for admission to the same Park on the same date are required, and you must make a separate reservation for each date you plan to visit. Please note that reservations are limited in capacity, subject to availability and are not guaranteed until confirmed. Click here for more information. All Annual Passholders are eligible to make Theme Park reservations for up to three days at a time, or Annual Passholders staying at select Disney Resort or other select hotels with valid Theme Park admission are eligible to make Theme Park reservations for their entire Resort length of stay.​

A PHASED REOPENING
As a reminder, Magic Kingdom® Park and Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park are scheduled to reopen on July 11, followed by EPCOT® and Disney’s Hollywood Studios® on July 15.

PASSHOLDER PREVIEW
Weekday Select, Theme Park Select, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Platinum Plus and Premier Passholders will have the opportunity to register for a special preview opportunity at Magic Kingdom® Park or Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park on July 9 or 10. Email invitations with registration details will be sent out soon. Reservations are required, limited and will be available on a first-come, first-served basis.

PASSHOLDER OPTIONS

As the Walt Disney World Theme Parks prepares to reopen, we see a lot of Passholder enthusiasm to get back to the magic. We’re eager to see our cherished Passholders too! We also recognize that Theme Park reservations will change the way many of our Passholders prefer to enjoy their pass. With that in mind, we are offering alternative options to help you manage your pass. Click here for additional details. We’ll send more information in early July on how to select these options.

To thank you for your loyalty, we want to give you a sprinkle of pixie dust by mailing you an exclusive magnet later this summer (one per household)

We know your next visit will be different. But together, we can find new ways to enjoy magical moments and create memories to last a lifetime. Before you arrive, please check out some things to Know Before You Go.

Last edited:
Post #103-Annual Passholder Preview Days Announced! - kennythepirate Monica Street - 6/20/2020

Annual Passholders are some of the most loyal Disney guests. As previously announced, we will get our preview days! Now we have the dates and information regarding registration.

When will they take place?
Annual Passholder previews will take place on July 9 and 10.
Weekday Select, Theme Park Select, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Platinum Plus, and Premier Passholders will have the opportunity to register for a special preview at Magic Kingdom park or Disney’s Animal Kingdom.

What about Hollywood Studios and Epcot?
Annual Passholders will not get preview days for Hollywood Studios or Epcot. Or, it’s possible that those dates just haven’t been announced yet.
We will keep you posted if Annual Passholder previews become available.

Email invitations will be sent out soon, and Annual Passholders MUST register. They will be limited on a first-come first-served basis. Your pass must be activated in order to register.

If you would like to register a Guest to accompany you, that Guest must also have a valid Weekday Select, Theme Park Select, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Platinum Plus or Premier annual pass, be listed on your Family & Friends list, and have opted to share “All My Plans” with you.

We understand this reopening has been especially difficult for Annual Passholders. With park reservations limited to 3 days (this was previously 2 days) and black out dates, it feels like we loyal guests aren’t being treated fairly.

Last edited:
Post #105-Introducing the Disney Park Pass System for Reserving Theme Park Visits to Walt Disney World Resort VIDEO - disneyparks Avery Maehrer, Manager of Communications, Walt Disney World Resort - June 19, 2020

It’s almost time for magic as we prepare for the reopening of Walt Disney World Resort theme parks, starting July 11 with Magic Kingdom Park and Disney’s Animal Kingdom and followed July 15 by EPCOT and Disney’s Hollywood Studios.

We’re taking a deliberate approach that includes limits on attendance and controlled guest density to align with guidance from health and government authorities on physical distancing.

We’re also using technology to power creative solutions as we develop new ways for guests to visit The Most Magical Place on Earth in this unique environment.

To manage attendance during this reopening period we are introducing the new Disney Park Pass system.

During this time, all guests with a ticket or Annual Pass will be required to make a reservation in advance for each park entry, using this new online tool on DisneyWorld.com.

Here are a few important details to know about this new system:

You’ll need a My Disney Experience account, as this is where your Walt Disney World Resort plans are stored and managed.

You’ll also need a valid theme park ticket or Annual Pass that’s linked to your My Disney Experience account.

If you have a Disney Resort hotel reservation, be sure to link it to your My Disney Experience account beforehand, as well.

Once you’ve logged into your My Disney Experience account and linked your ticket, you’ll have access to a calendar of available reservation dates for each theme park.

If you have a multi-day ticket, you will be required to make a park reservation for each date of your visit. Families and friends can link their tickets together and look to arrange theme park entries at the same time.

Please note, park reservations are limited in number and subject to availability. Availability can change until the reservation is finalized.

At this time, guests will be able to select one park per day; visiting more than one park per day will be temporarily unavailable upon the reopening of the theme parks due to attendance limitations.

Guests with existing tickets that include the Park Hopper Option or Park Hopper Plus Option have options available to them for ticket modifications and cancellations and can visit DisneyWorld.com/Updates for more information.

We hope to bring back the ability to visit more than one park per day soon and will continue to offer these add-ons for 2021 ticket purchases.

For Existing Ticket Holders and Annual Passholders: Beginning this week, we will reach out to existing ticket holders and Annual Passholders with more information on when they will be able to check availability to make their park reservations. We will open the Disney Park Pass system to these guests in phases, beginning with those with future Disney Resort and other select hotel stays. Later this summer, we will resume sales of 2020 tickets and Disney Resort hotel arrivals, based on the availability of park reservations, while we continue to provide guests with existing tickets and Annual Passholders the opportunity to make park reservations for 2020 dates.

Planning a New Trip for Next Year: By June 28, all guests will be able to purchase new Disney Resort hotel packages and theme park tickets and make their park reservations for arrivals starting in 2021 as our phased reopening continues. Guests will be able to view park reservation availability on DisneyWorld.com prior to purchasing their tickets.

As you begin planning your upcoming visits, we’re also exploring engaging ways for guests to use their mobile tech to experience the magic – particularly now as the use of phones and apps continues to evolve. In 2021, we plan to unveil an innovative new offering as part of the My Disney Experience app that will bring features of a MagicBand to your smart devices, building on the app’s existing digital key feature. With this new offering on the horizon, we will be retiring our complimentary MagicBand distribution to Disney Resort hotel guests for new reservations with arrivals beginning Jan. 1, 2021. Disney Resort hotel guests will continue to have the option to purchase new MagicBands at a discount, and we’ll be introducing even more colors and designs featuring favorite Disney characters in the future. Guests who prefer not to purchase a discounted MagicBand will be able to use the My Disney Experience app or a Key to the World card during their visit. We will still offer MagicBands in retail locations and on shopDisney.com, and guests will be able to continue using the wearables throughout Walt Disney World Resort.

We understand these updates may change the way you plan your visits to the Walt Disney World Resort theme parks and Disney Resort hotels for the time being. We are focused on making your Walt Disney World Resort experience magical, convenient and enjoyable. To find out more information, please visit DisneyWorld.com/Updates and continue to check back with us here at the Disney Parks Blog. You can also call the Disney Reservation Center, submit questions to the Disney Parks Moms Panel or speak with your travel provider for more details.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Most Magical Place on Earth!

Last edited:
Post #106-Cast Members Rumor that Only DVC Resorts will Remain Open for the Rest of 2020 - .kennythepirate Monica Street - June 20, 2020, ***WRONG***

I would consider this article a RUMOR since I couldn't find any WDW official documentation.

I hope it doesn't come true for my December Pop Century Resort trip or anyone's trip.

Two of the KtP writers called Disney this week, and we both received quite the shock when Cast Members shared some alarming information regarding resorts.

Who would have thought the closing and reopening of Disney Parks would be so confusing? There has been information thrown at us repeatedly since the reopening proposal back in May.

Back in May when Disney World announced its proposed reopening, the Disney World website mentioned that DVC and Ft. Wilderness would reopen on June 22 while the other resorts would reopen with the parks on July 11.

That bit of information about the resorts was taken down from the website shortly after, leaving us all to question: “When will the regular Disney resorts reopen?

Disney has remained completely quiet on this. Many of us began to wonder if Guests staying onsite would be upgraded to a resort that is open once the parks are open.

Earlier this week, one of the KtP writers called Disney to ask about her Annual Pass. While on the phone, the Cast Member shared only the 11 DVC resorts and Ft. Wilderness would remain open for the remainder of 2020. The “regular” Disney resorts would not reopen.

Ok, so we all know that Cast Members don’t always give out the most accurate information. But, then I called today to confirm reports that some guests are being asked (not required) to upgrade to those available DVC resorts if their trip falls before/around park reopening.

I, too, received confirmation that the 11 DVC resorts and Ft. Wilderness would be the only resorts open.

Given the fact that we have just about 3 weeks to go until reopening and no information about the “regular” Disney resorts has been given, this certainly seems plausible to me that DVC resorts and Ft. Wilderness will be the only onsite accommodations available.

Several KtP writers have also seen reports floating around that Disney is calling Guests with room reservations at a regular resort this year to upgrade them to a DVC resort. It’s worth noting, however, that several of us writers have room reservations at POP Century, All Stars, Riverside, and more and have not received a phone call yet.

What are the 11 DVC Resorts?

• Bay Lake Tower at Contemporary
  • Boulder Ridge Villas at Wilderness Lodge
  • Copper Creek Villas and Cabins at Wilderness Lodge
  • Jambo House and Kidani Village at Animal Kingdom Lodge
  • Beach Club Villas
  • Boardwalk Villas
  • Old Key West
  • Polynesian Villas and Bungalows
  • Riviera Resort
  • Saratoga Springs
  • Villas a Grand Floridian

Last edited:
Fort Wilderness and DVC (minus AKL-Jambo) are the only resorts opening next week, and the only resorts that have been available for rebooking in 2020. Rumor has the related deluxe resorts opening "soon" as DVC is expected to fill mostly with those on points stays once the parks open. WDW has indicated they will plan to re-open resort bookings for 2020 "later" but when is later and which resorts remains to be seen.

Post #108-Disney Releases Complete List of Experiences OPEN at all Theme Parks - kennythepirate Maggie Baltz - 6/20/2020

Yesterday, there was a lot of news to take in from Walt Disney World. Is everyone okay? Let’s all take a collective deep breath because while the Walt Disney World you know and love will look different if you visit soon, Walt Disney has reassured guests that the magic will still be there.

Yesterday, Disney released a list of all of the special events and enchanting extras that will be unavailable when the parks reopen. It includes dessert parties, tours, Early Morning Magic, and dining experiences.

Today, Disney has announced the experiences at all four theme parks that will be available, including attractions, entertainment, and shops, and we have the complete list! Read on to see what you can still enjoy at all of the theme parks.

Certain experiences will be on hold including:
parades and nighttime spectaculars
character greetings
playgrounds

Even though guests may no longer be able to experience everything, characters will still be in the park, including special cavalcades as previously reported.

It is also worth noting as Walt Disney has announced that, “some experiences may be modified, limited in capacity and subject to availability or closure.”

Magic Kingdom (POSSIBLY OPEN)
Attractions
“it’s a small world”
Astro Orbiter
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
Country Bear Jamboree
Dumbo the Flying Elephant
Jungle Cruise
Liberty Square Riverboat
Mad Tea Party
Mickey’s PhilharMagic
Peter Pan’s Flight
Pirates of the Caribbean
Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom
Space Mountain
Swiss Family Treehouse
The Barnstormer
The Hall of Presidents
The Haunted Mansion
The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Tom Sawyer Island
Tomorrowland Speedway
Tomorrowland Transit Authority Peoplemover
Under the Sea ~ Journey of The Little Mermaid
Walt Disney’s Carousel of Progress
Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room

Entertainment
Main Street Philharmonic

Character Cavalcades throughout the day, with Guest-favorite Disney friends appearing along the parade route—which will include:
The Royal Princess Processional
Mickey & Friends Cavalcade
Fantasyland Friends Cavalcade
A Goofy Cavalcade
Tinker Bell & the Lost Treasure

Shops
Arribas Brothers
Baby Care
Big Al’s
Box Office Gifts
Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin Photos
Crystal Arts
Emporium
Fantasy Faire
Hundred Acre Goods
Island Supply by Sunglass Hut
Main Street Confectionery
Memento Mori
Mickey’s Star Traders
Plaza del Sol Caribe Bazaar
Rubio Arts
Sir Mickey’s
Splashdown Photos
Strollers & Wheelchairs
The Chapeau
Tomorrowland Light & Power Co.
TTC Cart / Wheelchairs
Uptown Jewelers & Cinemas
Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe

I never knew there so many MK Shops.

Animal Kingdom (POSSIBLY OPEN)
Attractions
Affection Station (Disney removed 06/22/2020)
DINOSAUR
Discovery Island Trails
Expedition Everest – Legend of the Forbidden Mountain
Festival of the Lion King (Disney removed 06/20/2020)
Gorilla Falls Exploration Trail
It’s Tough to be a Bug!
Kali River Rapids
Kilmanjaro Safaris
Maharajah Jungle Trek
Na’vi River Journey
The Animation Experience at Conservation Station
The Oasis Exhibits
TriceraTopSpin
Wilderness Explorers
Wildlife Express

Entertainment
Character Cruises throughout the day, with Guest-favorite Disney friends appearing in boats around Discovery River—including the following:
Discovery River Character Cruise
Discovery Island Drummers
Donald’s Dino Boat Bash!
Mickey & Friends Flotilla

Shops
Africa Hub Cart
African Heritage Wood Carving
Baby Care
Chester and Hester’s Dinosaur Treasures
Discovery Trading Company
Garden Gate Gifts & Strollers
Kilimanjaro Safari Cart
Mandala Gifts
Mombasa Marketplace
Out Of The Wild
Serka Zong Bazaar
The Dino Institute Shop
Windtraders

Epcot (POSSIBLY OPEN)
Attractions
Awesome Planet
Canada Far and Wide
Disney & Pixar Short Film Festival
Friendship Lagoon Boats
Frozen Ever After
Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Caballeros
Impressions de France
Journey Into Imagination with Figment
Kidcot (modified)
Living with the Land
Mission: SPACE
Reflections of China
Soarin’ Around the World
Spaceship Earth
Test Track
The American Adventure
The Seas with Nemo & Friends
Turtle Talk with Crush (Disney removed 06/20/2020)
Walt Disney Imagineering presents the Epcot Experience

Entertainment
America Gardens Theatre Presents… featuring popular EPCOT performers such as:
JAMMitors
Mariachi CobreCharacter Cavalcades throughout the day, featuring favorite Disney friends traveling around World Showcase promenade

Character Cavalcades throughout the day, featuring favorite Disney friends traveling around World Showcase promenade—including:
Frozen Promenade
Mickey & Friends World Tour
Princess Promenade

Shops
African Heritage
Arribas Brothers
Art of Disney
Baby Care
Canada Cart
China Kiosk
Disney Traders
Galerie Des Halles
Gateway Gifts
Glas Und Porcelain
ImageWorks
Karamell Kuche
La Bottega Italiana
Mexico Indoor Plaza
Mission: SPACE Cargo
Mitsukoshi
Mouse Gear Temporary Location
Pin Traders – Camera Center
Port of Entry
Puffin’s Roost
Sea Base Alpha Gift Shop
Strollers & Wheelchairs
Tea Caddy
Test Track Symposium
Wood Carver
World Traveler

Disney’s Hollywood Studios (POSSIBLY OPEN)
Attractions
Alien Swirling Saucers
Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy
Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway
Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run
Muppet*Vision 3D
Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith
Slinky Dog Dash
Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™
Toy Story Mania!
Vacation Fun (at Mickey Shorts Theater)
Walt Disney Presents

Entertainment
Character Cavalcades throughout the day, with favorite Disney friends appearing along Hollywood Boulevard—including:
Disney Junior Stars Motorcade
Mickey & Friends Motorcade
Pixar Motorcade

Shops
Celebrity 5 & 10
Crossroads of the World
Dok Ondar’s Den of Antiquities
Droid Depot Experience
Droid Depot Store
In Character
Legends of Hollywood
Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway
Mickey’s Of Hollywood
Movieland Memorabilia
Once Upon a Time
Sid Cahuenga’s One-of-a-Kind
Rock Around the Shop
Rubio Arts
Strollers & Wheelchairs
Tatooine Traders
The Market
Tower Hotel Gifts
Toy Story Mania Shop

That’s a lot of attractions and experiences that are still there! I think seeing all of these are encouraging for guests and while the parks might look different, many of the attractions and entertainment that guests enjoy are still available.

Last edited:
Post #109-Disney World Cast Members Reportedly Being Informed there will be no Virtual Queues, Single Rider Lines - kennythepirate Monica Street - 6/20/2020

Another possible rumor...who knows.

We already know FastPasses are (temporarily) a thing of the past, but it appears that virtual queues and single rider lines will not be utilized upon reopening. More details on this rumor below.

What is a virtual queue?
Virtual queues are comparable to boarding groups for Rise of the Resistance. For Rise of the Resistance, Guests would get into My Disney Experience upon park opening, and obtain a “reservation” to experience the attraction that day. They would receive a specified boarding group, and then would ride when their number was called.

If you have ever obtained (or attempted to obtain) a boarding group you know it can be stressful. The chances of your party riding Rise of the Resistance depended solely on this system with a random lottery.

However, virtual queues will not be used to help spread Guests out throughout the park, according to this rumor. To me, this tells me that the lines for attractions should be very short.

Cast Members are reportedly being told that single rider lines will also not be used at the Disney World parks when they reopen beginning July 11. Please treat this as a rumor for the time being until it is officially confirmed by Disney.

So what will they use?
If they don’t need virtual queues, FastPasses, or standby lines they will be using all of their space to maintain social distancing. You may remember that Disney temporarily suspended the FastPass system, so that won’t be an option either.

Regular old standby lines (ya know, like the good old days!) will be the only available option for waiting if this rumor turns out to be true. However, with the limited capacity Disney is implementing, wait times should not be excessive.

But, what about Rise of the Resistance? It’s unclear whether Rise of the Resistance will continue to use virtual queues, although I personally don’t think it’s likely. It makes sense for any attraction with a pre-show to skip right to the actual ride. Think about being in Aerosmith’s studio squished in with all those other Guests.

Last edited:
Post #110-Special Health Acknowledgment that Every Disney Resort Guest Must Read By Donna Farmer - kennythepirate Donna Farmer - June 21, 2020

Disney Resorts prepare to welcome Guests starting tomorrow, June 22nd, and this is also the date that the Disney World reservation system will become available to select Guests.

All Disney Resort Guests must read a very important acknowledgment before their stay at a Disney Resort.

Select Disney Resorts

There has been much news regarding which Disney Resorts would welcome Guests during this limited reopening phase. Yesterday we shared that Cast Members confirmed that only DVC Resorts will reopen for the remainder of 2020.

We have also shared that some Disney Resorts will offer limited amenities, and even changes in amenities during this reopening phase.

COVID-19 Warning

Do any of you begin your day stalking the My Disney Experience app for signs of the new reservation system? Maybe that is just me. This morning I was greeted with this COVID-19 warning on the initial page of the My Disney Experience App.

The COVID-19 Warning States (emphasis added):

“We have taken enhanced health and safety measures- for you, our other Guests and Cast Members. You must follow all posted instructions while visiting Walt Disney World Resort.

“An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and Guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable.”

“By visiting Walt Disney World you voluntarily assume risks related to exposure to COVID-19.”

Health Acknowledgement

All Guests who will be staying at one of the Disney Resorts must read a Health Acknowledgement prior to their arrival at their Disney Resort.

This Health Acknowledgement is featured just below the COVID-19 warning on the main screen of the My Disney Experience App. This includes possible restrictions set in place by the state of Florida. Read more about this HERE.

Resort Guests are to Read and Acknowledge this prior to their stay (emphasis added):

“Please make sure that you have reviewed any advisories or restrictions that may be in place for travel to Florida. Visit floridahealthcovid19.gov for information.”

By entering Walt Disney World Resort, you are confirming that you and all persons in your party are not experiencing the following symptoms of COVID-19 including:

Fever or chills
Cough
Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
Fatigue
Muscle or body aches
Headache
New loss of taste or smell
Sore Throat
Congestion or runny nose
Nausea or vomiting
Diarrhea

You have not been in contact with someone with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 symptoms without complete a 14-day quarantine.

You are not under any self-quarantine orders

“Guests who cannot confirms all of the above criteria MUST NOT enter Walt Disney World Resort.”

What This Means

In an effort to keep everyone safe, if Guests are unable to confirm the above criteria than they are to reschedule or cancel their Resort stay at (407)W-DISNEY or (407)934-7639.

Vacation Club members may call (800)800-9800. We have shared that Guests may cancel or reschedule Disney Resort reservations up to the day of arrival with fees being waived. Read more about that HERE.

Last edited:
Post #111-Rumored Attractions and Shows That Will Remain Closed When Disney World Reopens - blogmickey Mike - June 20, 2020

While we have already published a full list of the attractions, entertainment, and shops that will reopen, we wanted to put together a list of attractions that will not reopen when the parks do in mid-July.

This list is based on what Walt Disney World lists as an “attraction” on their website versus the list of operating attractions put out by Disney.

We’ve also included shows, and will update this list as more information becomes available. Keep in mind that all nighttime spectaculars, fireworks, and parades are also canceled

Magic Kingdom
Casey Jr. Splash ‘N’ Soak Station
Enchanted Tales with Belle
Frontierland Shootin’ Arcade
Main Street Vehicles
Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor
Stitch’s Great Escape (effectively dead)

Disney’s Animal Kingdom
The Boneyard
Primeval Whirl – Operates Seasonally
Finding Nemo – The Musical
UP! A Great Bird Adventure
Festival of the Lion King

EPCOT
Advanced Training Lab
Beauty and the Beast Sing-Along
Bruce’s Shark World
Turtle Talk with Crush

Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Star Wars Launch Bay
Indiana Jones Stunt Show
Voyage of the Little Mermaid
Beauty and the Beast – Live on Stage
Frozen Sing-Along

Last edited:
Will social distancing make it necessary for those with ECVs to be able to maneuver their ECVs into position on busses without assistance from bus drivers? I would imagine the bus drivers would no longer be able to assist other than via verbal prompting

Post #113-The ULTIMATE GUIDE To Every Ride, Store, Restaurant, and Experience Reopening in the Disney World Theme Parks! - DFB Rachel Franko 6/21/2020

It’s been a HUGE WEEK for Disney World news (our heads are still spinning a bit).

On top of the announcements that Epcot’s Food and Wine Festivalwould be coming back with a new twist and the new Disney Park Pass Reservation System is about to launch, Disney has just dropped ALL kinds of details about what will be reopening in the parks!

MOST of your favorite rides, shops, and attractions, as well as entirely new entertainment, will be opening up in Disney World starting July 11th for the Magic Kingdom and Disney’s Animal Kingdom, and July 15th for Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios!

But remember — at press time we have confirmed the following important information about the parks reopening:

Guests will not be able to park hop (i.e. go to more than one Disney World theme park on any given day)

Disney World will not be using virtual queues, FastPass+, or Single Rider Lines, so guests will only have the option of standing in standby lines for rides and attractions

Whew! OK, now that you’re fully ready to go, let’s dive into what you’ll be able to ride and do in the parks when they reopen!

Reopening Disney World Rides and Attractions
The good news is that most Disney World rides and attractions will be available when the parks reopen! (We’ve missed you, Haunted Mansion!). Click the links below to see the full lists!

Reopening Disney World Entertainment and Shops
We’ve been grabbing Disney-themed face masks, Minnie Ears, and all sorts of goodies in Disney Springs since the shopping and dining district re-opened. But, Disney World will also be opening multiple stores again in the parks so you can peruse those souvenirs! Click the links below for the full lists!

NEW Character Entertainment in the Disney World Parks
Magic Kingdom will get five brand spanking new cavalcades that will go along the parade route, including the Royal Princess Processional, Mickey & Friends Cavalcade, Fantasyland Friends Cavalcade, A Goofy Cavalcade, and the Tinker Bell & the Lost Treasure Cavalcade!

On top of the vibrant Festival of The Lion King, guests can also watch a new set of Character Cruises that will make their way around the Discovery River in Animal Kingdom throughout the day! The line-up will include the Discovery River Character Cruise, Discovery Island Drummers, Donald’s Dino Boat Bash!, and Mickey & Friends Flotilla.

Since Hollywood Studios has a lot of shows that will be suspended during the initial re-opening, new Character Cavalcades can be spotted instead! You can wave to your favorite characters during the Disney Junior Stars Motorcade, Mickey & Friends Motorcade, and Pixar Motorcade (hiya, pals!!).

What Will Character Interaction Be Like When Disney World Reopens?
Since the parades, fireworks, and character meet-and-greets will not be returning at this time, we’re really excited to see the new Character Cavalcades in the parks.

However, Disney will also be featuring multiple characters who will be roaming through different areas. So, you might spot Kylo Ren trying to pull someone towards the Dark Side at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge or Elsa making some icy magic in EPCOT (anything can happen, folks!).

Musical Groups Returning When Disney World Reopens
Disney World will also have musical performers and entertainers in the parks, too (even though they’ve only given us “just a few” examples).

Guests can groove along to the Main Street Philharmonic in Magic Kingdom and the Mariachi Cobre and the JAMMitors in EPCOT too!

Reopening Restaurants and Festivals in Disney World’s Theme Parks

While Disney World hasn’t confirmed any Disney World theme park restaurants returning just yet, we have a good idea of some that could be returning. Recently, the Union that represents many Disney World food and beverage cast members published on their Facebook page the Disney World theme park restaurants for which Cast Members have recently been called back to work.

Disney has also begun to list many theme park restaurants on their Mobile Dine Check-In maps on the Disney World website. (FYI, Mobile Dine Check-In is a new, contactless way for guests to let Cast Members know when they’ve arrived at a sit-down restaurant in Disney World.)

While these restaurants are not confirmed to be opening with the parks, it could be a good sign of the locations Disney is prioritizing. We’ll be here reporting all the latest details on Disney World’s theme park restaurants as soon as they’re announced!

Whew! OK, hopefully that brings you up to speed on everything reopening in Disney World’s theme parks on July 11th and July 15th!

Last edited:
By entering Walt Disney World Resort, you are confirming that you and all persons in your party are not experiencing the following symptoms of COVID-19 including:
  • Fever or chills
  • Cough
  • Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
  • Fatigue
  • Muscle or body aches
  • Headache
  • New loss of taste or smell
  • Sore Throat
  • Congestion or runny nose
  • Nausea or vomiting
  • Diarrhea

While some of these make sense in that they are definitely COVID-19 indicators, this list seems excessive, almost as if lawyers were involved in creating it. In the absence of other symptoms on the list, a headache can have many causes. And who among us has not experienced fatigue at Disney?

Post #115-Rumor: Potential Opening Dates for 10 More Disney Resorts - kennythepirate Ashley Beckwith - June 21, 2020

More Disney resorts could potentially be opening up to Guests in the coming months. Take a look.

Disney previously announced that on June 22nd only their DVC resorts (except Jambo House) and Fort Wilderness would open

The complete list of resorts opening on June 22nd is:

Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village
Disney’s Beach Club VillasDisney’s BoardWalk Villas
Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
Disney’s Old Key West Resort
Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows
Disney’s Riviera Resort
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort
The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

We were told by several phone Cast Members that these would be the only Disney World Resorts opening for the entire year!

As we (and Disney) have stated numerous times, “this is a very fluid situation.” Sometimes things change by the day or even hour. What may be true one day may not be true the next.

WITH THAT SAID, WE HAVE RECENTLY HEARD OF A RUMOR THAT DISNEY MAY CONSIDER OPENING SOME, BUT NOT ALL, OF THEIR OTHER WALT DISNEY WORLD RESORTS BETWEEN JULY AND OCTOBER.

July 10th for Jambo House DVC villas (but not regular rooms), Disney’s Pop Century Resort, and Disney’s Contemporary Resort. This fits in line with the Cast Members being called back to work for housekeeping at these resorts.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo (Disney Removed again June 24, 2020

July 29th for Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort

August 12th for Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort and Disney’s Art of Animation Resort

August 24th for Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resorts

September 21st for Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa

October 1st for Disney’s BoardWalk Resort

October 14th for Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort

This way Disney could stagger the resort openings to plan for gradually increasing crowds through the fall.

It would mean that aside from DVC rooms and Fort Wilderness they would have 5 deluxe resorts, 2 moderate resorts, and 2 value resorts open by mid October.

Some resorts notably left off the list are the regular Animal Kingdom Lodge rooms, Disney’s Wilderness Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter and Riverside, and the All Star resorts.

Of course with everything at Disney World during this time, this is subject to change. They may consolidate or open more resorts depending on the public health situation and guest demand.

We understand information is changing constantly. Please remember, this is not confirmed by Disney. Hopefully they will share more information regarding the status of resort reopenings soon, but in the meantime, use this information however you like.

Last edited:
Hi, Lsdolphin

I remember seeing a video about WDW Bus. I'll look for it.

If you want to see the Universal Studio's bus photos they are on post #46.

We took a Universal bus from our resort to the parks. We were told by our driver that buses typically hold 45-50 guests, but are currently limiting capacity to 17 per bus.

Will social distancing make it necessary for those with ECVs to be able to maneuver their ECVs into position on busses without assistance from bus drivers? I would imagine the bus drivers would no longer be able to assist other than via verbal prompting

If the above is true re: WL being off the list, I wonder... The hotel side of WL had started room renovations shortly before the shutdown. I wonder if as things start to get back up again if they would take advantage of the hotel side being down and just keep it down, accelerate the renovation [previously they were doing one floor at a time, this would let them do more than one at once] and get it done and over with before they reopen it. It would make sense from a least-disruption-to-guests POV, but does have social distancing for construction crews as well has the cost factor going against the idea.

Hi, lanejudy.

Thank you.

I saw the info on other websites, too.

But it sure is interesting.

I really only believe what I read from Disney.

My understanding is the "leaked" list was pulled back as it is not accurate. Exactly what part of the message (resorts, dates) was incorrect is unknown.

This is from the Disney website just now, 20:49 ET 2020-06-21:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/experience-updates/resorts/

Disney Resort Hotels: Know Before You Go

Explore important updates for Disney Resort hotels.

Learn About Other Updated Experiences.

Update On Disney Resort Hotel Reopenings

On June 22, select Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts and Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground will reopen. These select Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts include:
As we open these hotels, we are taking a measured and deliberate approach to implement a number of health and safety measures based on guidance from various governmental authorities and health agencies. In addition we currently plan to open the following Disney Resort hotels to booked Guests on the following dates.

Please note that given the fluidity of the current environment, these dates are subject to change and Guests’ reservations could still be modified to other Disney Resort hotels if needed.

July 10Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House, Disney's Pop Century Resort, Disney's Contemporary Resort
July 29Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
August 12Disney's Polynesian Village Resort and Disney's Art of Animation Resort
August 24Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resorts
September 21Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
October 1Disney's BoardWalk Resort
October 14Disney's Coronado Springs Resort

Given the current situation, there are some Disney Resort hotels and other areas that are not, as of this time, being scheduled for reopening yet. We will continue to evaluate the situation and reopen more locations when the environment is right to do so.

While these plans may evolve, we will be monitoring the constantly changing health environment and its impact on the state of Florida as we find the right time to welcome back even more of our Guests.
Magic Kingdom park and Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park will begin a phased reopening on July 11—with Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios reopening on July 15. Learn more about the reopening of Walt Disney World Resort.

Additionally, Disney’s Hilton Head Island Resort and Disney's Vero Beach Resort are now open to Members and Guests.

Note: Some of the details below may not apply to Disney’s Hilton Head Island Resort and Disney’s Vero Beach Resort.

END QUOTE

Screenshot image of the table of the "other resorts":

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter