What do you do for breakfast?

JeanfromBNA

"Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming!"
We're leaving in less than two weeks :banana: for a week-long stay, and I haven't given this much thought. We're quick breakfast eaters during a normal work week, and like to cook up a big sunday brunch. We're on the dining plan, but can afford a few extra meals OOP.

So what's for breakfast in your hotel room:mickeybar?

I always take along peanut butter, bread, some pop tarts, and cereal bars to have in the room. If we're going to a park, then we have breakfast in a restaurant, but we usually schedule a couple of "off days" and it's nice to not be in a rush in the mornings and just grab a bite in the room.

Last trip we were at POFQ and the boys loved to go down to the food court in the evenings and grab something to have in the room the next morning. They were able to get fruit, juices, milk, muffins....that sort of thing.

Strange as it may seem, I'm not much of a breakfast eater except when I'm on vacation. My husband eats breakfast every day because he has a pill that he must take with food (or milk). While on vacation if I'm not hungry when I get up, I will get up first, shower and then go get him coffee and a piece of fruit or a boxed cereal and milk from the grocery store at the hotel and get my cappucino. When we do have breakfast out at Disney, we have the Character Meal at the Cyrstal Palace or Chef Mickey's (next year we want to try Cape May Cafe because we've heard it is really good). If we want to eat off property, we go to Perkins or Waffle House (my husband loves the Cheesy Eggs and grits and I love the hash browns scattered, smothered and covered--cooked well, smothered with onions and covered in cheese).

Most mornings, it's cereal, milk or juice, and fruit in the room. Quick, inexpensive, and easy. We don't want to waste valuable park time eating breakfast, since the best time of day to tour is the early mornings!

(I must admit, I sometimes get a few chocolate chip muffins from one of the bakeries and have those for breakfast - they're fabulous, especially the ones from Sunshine Seasons!)

Most mornings, it's cereal, milk or juice, and fruit in the room. Quick, inexpensive, and easy. We don't want to waste valuable park time eating breakfast, since the best time of day to tour is the early mornings!

(I must admit, I sometimes get a few chocolate chip muffins from one of the bakeries and have those for breakfast - they're fabulous, especially the ones from Sunshine Seasons!)

Same here. We usually just eat in the room. Something quick and very inexpensive like cereal or granola bars.

We do organic pop tarts (I know they sound wierd but they are good and only half as bad as regular ones), cereal or oatmeal.

We do organic pop tarts (I know they sound wierd but they are good and only half as bad as regular ones), cereal or oatmeal.

Where do you buy organic pop tarts? I like the regular ones once in a while but don't buy them after reading ingredients!! Thanks.

I always do Cape May's breakfast, have eaten at the Bakery on the Boardwalk, Boatwrights, Kona, the fast food place at the POLY, the food court at POR, The character breakfast at Park1400 at the GF. I like breakfast at WDW - though for an early EMH will grab something in the park. Am looking forward to Chef Mickey's and Boma's breakfast this December.

Having two little ones we gotta do breakfast or else they are cranky lil critters. We generally do cereal in our room most mornings along with some fruit.

Usually each trip we also do one character breakfast but that is about it. For the cost (and the amount DH & I eat in the AM) I don't find dining out at breakfast to be the most economical choice.

We always stay at POR.

Generally, as I'm in the shower first, when I'm out I pop over to the food court, fill our refillable mugs with coffee, grab a danish or a muffin each and head back to the room just as my partner is emerging from the shower.

On the odd occasion, I've been known to "accidentally" pick up pancakes and sausage by mistake. Accidents happen you know! :rolleyes1

If your room has a microwave and a small refrig, nothing beats Jimmy Dean sausage, egg and cheese on a bagel.

I'm going to call either gardengrocer or wegoshop and have cereal & donuts, along with park snacks and bottled water, delivered to our hotel.

With the heat in September we always have a good sit down breakfast and it's lunch we tend to skip. It's too hot for us to feel like eating much in the middle of the day. We either eat in the food court or we have an ADR for 7:30AM and then go to a non EMH park.

If you want something light, it's very easy to get something in the food court and take it back to your room. Or you can hit one of the bakeries in the evening and save it for breakfast.

Have a lovely time! :)

we'll get something quick and light in the food court - like a croissant or danish, with milk - no big, heavy meals that early for us

I always bring a suitcase full of food including cereal, granola bars, etc. for breakfast, and DH likes to have something hot so I bring soup cups and use hot water from the coffeemaker. Next time I think I will have food delivered. I like to have a quick breakfast in the room, and if we want a character breakfast I get the last seating so it is more of an early lunch.

On our grocery stop, we always get a small jar of peanut butter, a small jar of jam, and a loaf of whole wheat bread. PB&J is actually my normal breakfast at home. I get Pop Tarts for the teenage girls and DH is good with just coffee.

We did a grocery store run and got easy breakfast foods. We picked up some bananas, muffins, pop tarts, and breakfast bars. We had some milk and oj as well. We ate breakfast in our room every morning except for the last. We had a CS to use before our flight, so we ate at Riverside Mill at POR.

Next time, however, we are going to do some CS breakfasts or use our snack credits a little more. I don't know if we'll use our DDP credits for breakfast since it's not the best use of credits, but I like the Mickey Waffles and must have them.

Granola bars, toast with PB, cereal and sometimes a breakfast bar of sorts.

something from the food court. It's usually something light like croissants or muffins. This summer we stayed in POFQ and had the begniets a couple of times. To supplement we carry granola bars and fruit chews with us to the parks.

We always get groceries (trying gardengrocer this time) and have cereal, fuit, yogurt, bagels in the room. And at least once, we have to go to Kona Cafe' for the Tonga Toast! Right before we leave, it helps salve the pain of departure.:sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter