What do I need to have prepared for online check-in?

Have a follow up question for those who put “cash” when checking in, and have done this before. I was told that port adventures and other pre-booked items (photo packages, etc.) will be charged right away on boarding day… and when you choose “cash” it let’s you know that you’ll have your charging privileges suspended, if you go over X Dollars (500 or sth) - well, will they cancel your port adventures, or other items then or… wait until you are actually on board and call your stateroom that first day, or…? Thanks.

First time cruiser and hoping to check in at midnight tonight. There are 4 of us (two staterooms) but I don't have the photo of the passport for one of us. I do have the passport number and expiration date. Is there any way I can check in or am I going to have to wait until I have the photo?

Last edited:
First time cruiser and hoping to check in at midnight tonight. There are 4 of us (two staterooms) but I don't have the photo of the passport for one of us. I do have the passport number and expiration date. Is there any way I can check in or am I going to have to wait until I have the photo?
In case anyone is wondering about the answer to this, I was able to check in with a photo of the person's previous passport. Once it auto filled the form with the passport info, I then updated it to the correct passport number and expiration date. Obviously the person will need to submit the correct passport photo but in the meantime it allowed me to get a PAT. Everything worked very easily last night and I started at midnight and was done by 12:25. Our first room got a PAT of 11:15 and the second room 11:30. We all got boarding group 7.

If you are getting transportation from Disney, can you still put parked at port?

Second, if I put cash, can I change it to credit card after? I do have two excursions reserved. What will happen if I put cash?

Third, so I just need my passport, a photo of the page with all my info and photo in jpeg, and then a second photo of my face with shoulders that I can take with my phone, as a jpeg?

If you are getting transportation from Disney, can you still put parked at port?

Second, if I put cash, can I change it to credit card after? I do have two excursions reserved. What will happen if I put cash?

Third, so I just need my passport, a photo of the page with all my info and photo in jpeg, and then a second photo of my face with shoulders that I can take with my phone, as a jpeg?
If Disney is taking you, you automatically get better PAT and BG. You don't have to play the high stress midnight game with the rest of us.

If you have multiple staterooms, you have to do them one at a time. You can do it from one log in, just switch reservations.

Preparation:
1. have downloaded to your device 1) a clean headshot of each person (straight on, no eyeglasses, hats or hair accessories, shoulders included, cannot be the same as passport photo), low resolution and 2) passport photo. Must be JPEG file!
2. a document with each passenger's birthdate, address, cell phone, email address, passport number, passport expiration, safe word for kids club, emergency contact name, emergency contact phone number, credit card information
3. Flight information for all legs -- date, airline, airport from, airport to, confirmation number/record locator number, flight number, time departure, time arrival

For speed:
1. Upload photo and if it says it doesn't meet the criteria, click SAVE and move on. Deal with it after you get your PAT.
2. For Onboard account, select Cash to get through it quickly
3. For Travel Plans, select Driving to get through it quickly. I just used home address for the return.
4. Finish each stateroom then go back and fix photo, add credit card, add flight information.

You can change PAT times, so keep checking to see if any better ones become available closer to the cruise.

You can edit the Online Checkin information as much as you want (at least I have so far), until that piece of it goes under review and can't be modified.
You state in the For Speed list on number 4 to finish each stateroom and go back to fix photos and enter flight info. Do you go back and make these changes only after you get your PAT? Or do they need done before you submit that first time? Thank you!

You state in the For Speed list on number 4 to finish each stateroom and go back to fix photos and enter flight info. Do you go back and make these changes only after you get your PAT? Or do they need done before you submit that first time? Thank you!
After PAT, does not even need to be that night. Do it soon, though, before they start their review of that section because then you are locked out.

An hour in and this is a joke. The complete check in button won’t even click. Have 4 of the 5 of us done and then it went nuts. About to give up and get the worst time time tomorrow.

I have read that recently, the PAT if you are taking Disney Transportation is not an issue HOWEVER your Boarding Group number IS. You will need to wait for that Boarding Group number even if the DCL bus gets you there earlier. I am checking in tonight and will confirm - I don't believe I will get an automatically low Boarding Group (BG) number.

This was thread was very helpful - thank you all very much for sharing the information!
I checked in all three staterooms, photos and all, and was done by around 12:30 am. 11:30am, boarding group 7 - I am not sure what that means LOL but I glad that our whole family is together for the time and boarding group. Went back in this morning and added the credit card info.

Less than 30 days now! :D

Finally checked in last night. Had to wait for my computer (I am in Central Time) to get to Midnight MY time.

With the DCL Transfer I was unable to pick a PAT. It just told me to 'arrive at my leisure'. I ended up with Group 3 at around 1:30 EST. T (11:00 - 11:15) his was for the Fantasy Dec. 3rd sailing.

Captain Hurricane - are you on the same ship? Are you in the EST? Trying to figure out if my Boarding Group Number IS because of DCL Transportation.

(Love your name!)

PS. It was NOT easy and very frustrating . . . .

Finally checked in last night. Had to wait for my computer (I am in Central Time) to get to Midnight MY time.

With the DCL Transfer I was unable to pick a PAT. It just told me to 'arrive at my leisure'. I ended up with Group 3 at around 1:30 EST. T (11:00 - 11:15) his was for the Fantasy Dec. 3rd sailing.

Captain Hurricane - are you on the same ship? Are you in the EST? Trying to figure out if my Boarding Group Number IS because of DCL Transportation.

(Love your name!)

PS. It was NOT easy and very frustrating . . . .
Yes, are sailing on the Fantasy on Dec 3 - it is our first Disney cruise for our entire family, and the first cruise for the kids and most of the adults. We are driving down from Virginia a few days early and staying in a hotel at Port Canaveral, and then taking a shuttle to the port. I am not totally sure what to expect, but I think everyone should have a nice time. My kids have never even been to a beach before! :D

I suppose that my username is not the best one for a cruise ship forum hahaha!

Oh how fun, Captain Hurricane! I remember my first Disney Cruise - with my nieces. Don't do TOO much research because it's kind of fun to be surprised. We didn't do any excursions or bookings - we just had fun being on the ship. Nothing like your first time on a beach! Or on a boat! I am . . . older . . and on one Disney Cruise, that I took by myself, I accidentally happened to be walking near the atrium and there was GOOFY, walking towards me. And he gave me a thumbs up. And I didn't stop grinning the rest of the cruise.

Um, yeah, your User name might get you a 'walk the plank' note under your door! (Just kidding . . timely, though!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter