What did you bake today ? OK if not from scratch

I made a carrot cake with a new recipe. It was terrible, dry and flavorless. I double checked and I didn’t miss any ingredients. I ate a few bites, my son had a couple of bites and we both agreed it was awful. I tossed it. Such a bummer

Roasted squash, caramelized onion, and Gruyere cheese galette
Banoffee Pie
Yellow cake with chocolate sour cream icing and funfetti crumbs (at the special request of the one of the guests)

I finished up the cookies today (6 of each design) but made the cupcakes on Thursday

View attachment 714832View attachment 714833

I’m trying to pledge not to eat any tomorrow.
I’ve already eaten 3 bags of chips and 2 Snickers bars this morning. Lol.
:worship:Beautiful cookies, and I've seen others you've posted here before - I'm impressed! I've never tried flood-work myself; would you mind telling me how you get the definition in the details? Especially the depth/3D effect on the pumpkins, for example?

:worship:Beautiful cookies, and I've seen others you've posted here before - I'm impressed! I've never tried flood-work myself; would you mind telling me how you get the definition in the details? Especially the depth/3D effect on the pumpkins, for example?

Sure. What I do is flood a section and wait for it to dry (not completely just until it’s crusted over about 15-30 minutes but can wait longer too) and then go in and do the opposite sections. This makes it so the colors don’t run together. You can kind of see what I mean in these progression pictures. (My silicone mat was covered in icing, crumbs and food coloring at this point so ignore the background)

854258D9-475D-496C-B6DD-057DDB95CC91.jpeg77CB0DFC-B29A-4EAC-B57B-E0199751F4B9.jpegFEFF94D4-6B9D-483B-8388-E9A95FA9E137.jpeg

Sure. What I do is flood a section and wait for it to dry (not completely just until it’s crusted over about 15-30 minutes but can wait longer too) and then go in and do the opposite sections. This makes it so the colors don’t run together. You can kind of see what I mean in these progression pictures. (My silicone mat was covered in icing, crumbs and food coloring at this point so ignore the background)

View attachment 714888View attachment 714886View attachment 714887
Awesome job, Vanessa - the time and effort you put in is amazing. Thanks for "showing-and-telling"! :flower3:

Does anyone have the recipe for the EPCOTS Karmel Kutchen Gingerbread cookies?? They are amazing :cloud9: They are a gingerbread sandwich cookie with a caramel frosting center. DELISH!!! I will be taking a research trip in early December (for scientific purposes :rolleyes1) but I was wondering if any of you wonderful bakers have already cracked the code?? I think it would be a perfect addition to a Christmas Cookie tray. Thanks and love this thread.

Does anyone have the recipe for the EPCOTS Karmel Kutchen Gingerbread cookies?? They are amazing :cloud9: They are a gingerbread sandwich cookie with a caramel frosting center. DELISH!!! I will be taking a research trip in early December (for scientific purposes :rolleyes1) but I was wondering if any of you wonderful bakers have already cracked the code?? I think it would be a perfect addition to a Christmas Cookie tray. Thanks and love this thread.
https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2022...h-recipe-from-karamell-kuche-in-disney-world/

Yesterday, Aunt Peggy's Sweet Potato Souffle and Sally's Baking Addiction Pumpkin Pie. I made what we call in our home a Mini Thanksgiving at the request of DD who grudgingly attended a family holiday because they cater instead of having home made food, all is now right with the world ;)

It's nice to know my cooking is still the family favorite 🥰

Last night I made both brownies and blondies from scratch.

Last week I tried a brownie/blondie combo, swirling the two doughs in the same pan, but didn’t care for the result.

I am baking most of the last of the Christmas cookies—made the dough earlier in the month, rolled 3 kinds into balls and froze the balls so just needed to be thawed, rolled in sugar and baked and 1 type that was rolled into logs and just needed to be thawed, sliced and baked then iced.

I baked some Christmas Eve for that night and the next day. Most of the rest are being used today. Still a few in the freezer. Not sure when I’ll use those.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter