What common Boyish/Girlish things do you NOT do?

I’m a woman, & the only time I like sappy, cheese-y Hallmark type movies is at Christmastime. Literally, as soon as December 25th is over, I’m done w/ Hallmark movies until the next Christmas.

I don’t like all the Bachelor & Bachelorette shows.

I also don’t really freak out over insects.

I like buying clothes & shoes, but I’m not a shopper... I’m not going to the mall just to ”shop” - I have to have a reason & something specific for which I’m looking.

I wear makeup & do my hair, but I don’t have a lot of hair & makeup products. I get my hair colored & my nails done, but I tell DH that I’m a lot more low maintenance that a lot of women.

This is a fun thread!

I confess that I do not get female shoe love at all. Just have shoes to function in life: 1 pair gym cross trainers, 1 pair cheap keds-style walk arounds, two pairs of sandals, one pair high heels gathering dust. Had a pair of boots, but fell apart, so now 5 pairs total. To me, shoes are just to protect my feet from the floor: how many girls say THAT?:rotfl:

My DH used to like sports, but now could care less and actually boycotts the NFL for reasons I agree with and won't derail the thread with here. Good news...saves us a boatload of cash on foam fingers, jerseys, hats, game tics, betting, etc, etc - plus I'm never a sports widow on wknds.) Also zero interest in traditional "boy toys" - cars, gizmos, sporting gear.

We do like travel, good wine and dining out...so takes up a fair share of our play money.

Last edited:
I don't lose my mind if a mouse is in the house. I leave the irrational fear for water bugs and seeing a rat in the street (better not be one in the house, LOL). This is when anybody else can step in and exert their "manliness"; be sure to KILL and clean it up so I can go back to being "hardcore":lmao:.

I’m a girl.

I don’t paint my nails
I have about four pairs of shoes
I hate weddings
I couldn’t care less about jewelry (and would never wear any expensive jewelry.
I think wine tastes like ear wax
I like fishing and am not bothered by worms
I don’t like buying clothes at all
I love mowing the yard

give the answer according to your gender

i would say being male i dont go hunting or like boxing.
I go hunting and I love MMA. I take my kid to a parent+kid karate class.
I’m a doctor, not a nurse.
I wear jeans more often than skirts.
I drink beer more than wine.
I wear makeup more often on Halloween than on other days.

I'm genderqueer so I dunno which side I'd say. I fear this has come up before. 😆

Don't like romantic movies, pop music, dancing, makeup, or feminine clothes.
But I also hate boring drab men's clothes. I live for guys 70's cut stuff with bright yellows.
Never wear jewelry unless it's jelly bracelets or plastic beads.
All alcohol tastes like paint thinner to me. Be it beer or wine or mixed drink.
Cannot wear heels to save my life. I tried once, I was a danger to all near me.
I wear men's cologne. Carry a wallet, not a purse.
I don't kill the house bugs if I have a choice. Always get them in a bowl and take them outside. Sometimes with my bare hands if it's a friendly bug.
I am the person that gets called to clean up the foulest mess in the house without gagging.
I am also the person that gets called if something has to die. Hubs can't handle that stuff. (If the cats injure something and it needs to be put out of its suffering.)
Never had a mani/pedi in my life. Never had a haircut that wasn't at Great Clips or Supercuts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter