What are you thoughts on Chef Mickey's?

cmonroe

DIS Veteran
May is around the corner and I have to get ready for my ps'
When I told them I was making a ressie aft CM, they looked at me a little cross-eyed. We are all Disney Vets (since 81), but I've never been to Chef Mickey's . They said the experience is great, but the food is not that good.

What are your thoughts on how their food is?

Thanks.

the atmosphere is great with lots of character interaction...however, i would have to say that the food is not the "greatest in the world"...they have a pretty good selection to choose from (i've only been for dinner) and i always walk away satisified but i feel the selections always seem to have been prepared a long time ago and they don't always taste the freshest...
all that said, chef mickeys is someplace we go each time we visit the world and i will be paying the restraunt a visit in june...
have a great time!!!!
sunking

We love Chef Mickey's but we go there knowing it is typical buffet food, not fine dining. I think it depends on personal tastes because I, for instance, am happy eating a salad and peel and eat shrimp, roast from the carving station (usually make more than one trip), parmesan mashed potatoes, a fresh roll, and then sample the different desserts. That's basically what dh and kids eat also, and we leave happy. I have never tried some of their other entrees or hot vegetables because although I love home made hot vegetables I have never found any at ANY buffet that were anything but tasteless so I can't comment on those. The whole experience just really puts us in a Disney mood and the one trip we didn't eat there we were sad when we passed over it on the monorail.

We have only been to Chef Mickey's twice. The first time we tried dinner there after hearing how great it was. We didn't enjoy it at all - little character interaction - we didn't even get pictures with some of the characters because they were in such a hurry to get to the next table. The food was just OK - some of it wasn't very hot by the time we ate there. I think our PS was for 8:30 pm & I think this may have attributed to many of our problems with the meal.

Well, my MIL & family love this place so much we gave it another try last March. This time we went for an early breakfast at 7:15 am. The restaurant was half empty & the characters were much less rushed this time around. All of the food was delicious & fresh out of the kitchen. :)

We will definitely be returning to Chef Mickey's in September - but just for breakfast. For us it is much cheaper & we enjoy it much more. Many families do really love it there - give it a try - you might really like it! :) ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

Chef Mickey's is nice to do once just to see what all they hype is about and to be able to say you had the experience, but there are far better character meals out there. DH and I went last May and would not do it again. It is way too crowded and the food is just ok. Not to mention, it took quite some time for all the characters to reach our table. With that said, you might as well give it a try at least once. Good luck and have fun with your planning!

The food is good. It moves quiclky so it is fresh.

Weve only done CMs for breakfast, but every time we do, we really enjoy it. I think the food is very good as is the character interaction and the overall fun factor. :D We have done a couple other character breakfasts and none seem to measure up to Chef Mickeys.

Thank you for your input.
From it, I have decided to disregard my family's opinion and get the PS.

Thank you all for your feedback! I love DISboards!

I may be the minority here, but I think Chef Mickey's is a bit overrated.

Breakfast is ok. There is a nice selection. :)

Dinner is awful. Complete waste of money.
:crazy2:

I like Chef Mickey's. We have always gone for breakfast though. Dh loves it and yes it is buffet style eating but that is fine with me, hubby and the kids.

In fact Dh likes it so well it has become sort of "tradition" that we have to go to Chef Mickeys for bfast before we go to the MK whenever we go to Disney.

We have a great time with the characters and the kids really like it. I have never been for dinner though.

You might be too late for PS at Chef Mickey's. We tried about two weeks out and no luck. this books quickly, so you should probably book as soon as the PS window opens on a future trip.

To your original question -- its a lot of fun and the food is pretty good.

Jeff

I have the dates set out with the PS calculator. It hasn't reached 90 days yet. I still have about 2 1/2 weeks until the date.

We love it for breakfast. They do great kids birthdays. When oldest dd was 2 they brought her a big cupcake & all the characters sing and dance. Really cute.

The food is good too!

Jennifer

I'll have to say I agree with Terk regarding dinner. For three straight years we went to Chef Mickey's for dinner (we do love the characters), but this year we have made other plans for a character meal dinner. (Crystal Palace, here we come!).

We have done Chef Mickey's for both dinner and breakfast and we prefer breakfast hands down.

I actually was going to skip it this year until my DH said that he really wanted to go. The restaurant is good, clean, fun!!:wave:

We've gone once for breakfast. The food was fine, but we remember it being sooooo noisy! I would go at least once. It's such a matter of opinion, what's good for one family may not work for another! Lots of atmosphere.

I went there in 2002 with a bunch of Disers at Dis con. Had a blast!! Going this year also with the family.

We had a character meal at Chef Mickeys on our honeymoon and I thought the food was fine. It was buffet style if I remember correctly. I'd opt to do the breakfast this time, but my little girls want a breakfast with the Princesses.

food was ok. just ok.
Kids enjoyed the characters.

We sat by a window, straight back through the restauarant.

I noticed grime and spider webs on the windows.

I asked a CM about this (they have been in WDW for many years).

They said the cleanliness isnt what it used to be.

Years ago, they used to hose down the inside!
They said I should mention it.

anybody else noticed this there or anywhere?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter