What are you paying for your airfare?

I just booked my airfare for our August trip last week thru SPIRIT AIR and paid $220 R/T the cheapest ive seen so I grabbed it !! :thumbsup2

We booked the day Jet Blue opened the Dec schedule.

Rt trip from Hartford to MCO $250 pp. :thumbsup2

We were thrilled!!! It since has gone up to $320...back down to $260...then up to $290....

I found a steal at Airtran! $110 each way for 3 people. Indy to Orlando. Total round trip with fees $648. I did pay extra to get my seat assignments early. I don't want my two kids sitting away from me.

We are paying $206 RT on SW for our Aug 22 trip. There are 5 of us, so a grand total of $1030. However, we decided to drive 4 hours to Pittsburgh to fly. We saved over $1000 by doing this though. So, even with the expense of driving to Pittsburgh we will still be way ahead! :thumbsup2

Going end of June till early July.

Flying in and out of Philly. Booked our flights at the very end of December.
All are for family of four... and all prices include all taxes/fees.

To: Us Air $102.70 per person
Return: SWest $149.70 per person (though then had $172 credit I applied)
$1009.60 round trip family of 4.

This week just booked for our Thanksgiving trip.
To: $121 per person - United from Newark
Return: $145 per person - Jet Blue to Newark.
$1062 round trip family of 4.

Interestingly... right now could book a flight nonstop to LAX and go to Disneyland for $1,272... not much more than am paying for WDW. So it amazes me how much the flights have gone up for a 2 1/2 hour flight to MCO!

Long gone I guess are the days when just over 2 years ago when we flew round trip for $660!

Have NEVER flown from Newark before. We are centrally located between EWR and PHL... PHL is easy to us.
BUT..... can't stand the wait for SW and Airtran to release their schedules. US Air with no competition right now is HIGH ($191 one way!). What if I wait.... just to find out SWest starts out with high prices - and the last batch had only one nonstop per day - um, no!
So saw $121 and said that's it, am going with it! Maybe if waited could get for $110 each way - but eh, am more than happy with $121!

and.. PHL - I want to say it was late Jan/early Feb that I saw in the $120 range for flights for Thanksgiving of $92 one way but wasn't able to commit to our dates yet - so I snoozed and lost on that one!

I like to book early - as soon as schedules are released - but can't always do it if am unsure of my travel dates yet.

My son payed for 4 $1,300.00 Boston to Tampa 2 weeks back. He could have sav ed $300.00 if he booke 3 weeks earler. Boston to Orland same time was $300.00 more all Jet Blue.

I'm doing the SW rapid rewards. I got 50,000 points (paid 99.00 annual cc fee for them), plus have several months worth of paying bills with the SWA CC which has accumulated a few thousand more points. AND I am doing SW dining plan which got me about 1,000 more points. And the SWA RR shopping online. Now I am only 1200ish points shy of 8 one way tickets from RDU to MCO (based on the current points cost per ticket). I should have the needed points by early next month.

Then I just have to pay for one round trip ticket at 265.00ish dollars, the $10.00 pp 911 fee of 50.00, and I since we are a family of 5 and I don't want to be split up I'll pay for priority seating which will be another 100.00 round trip. Still, 415.00 is a great thing all around for me with no baggage fees and when I had originally budgeted 1250.00 for airfare. When the costs went up early this year I started worrying and looking for options, then thanks to the DIS budget board....I am in hog heaven. Thanks for all the great tips everyone! :cool1:

We're flying mid-October, IND to MCO, and found a nonstop flight both ways on Airtran for $302 per person RT. The flights are now almost full and the price is showing at $428...I'm so glad we bought when we did!

From Bos to MCO in two weeks we paid $1170 for 4 seats on AirTran round trip. They are non-stop, so we paid a tad more for them than we would have for layovers.

We had to get a one way for the little one since she turns 2 during the trip. That was $155 from MCO to Bos.

We could have paid just under $1000 for the 4 round trip tickets if we bought them a little earlier, but DH wasn't ready to commit to the trip at that point.

Paid $102 per person from Richmond, VA to MCO for trip in December on jetblue. They lowered the prices so I have a $9 credit(I know not much but every bit helps). Waiting to book return flight when Airtran releases dates. If not I will pay the $112 person for the return flight on Jetblue. $633 for three people, a bit more then I paid last year but not by much.

I just booked 9/27-10/2 for $200pp out of Dulles. More than I've ever paid before, especially since I will have to pay to check bags. I've always flown Jet Blue in the past and never paid more than $170.

Not sure what to do? BDL to MCO $319.60 pp non-stop, round trip on Southwest. We are traveling in October. Would you book at this price or wait and hope that it goes down?? Just afraid if I wait it will go even higher.

Right now my airfare is hovering around $288 per person round trip on Delta from Detroit to Orlando. Haven't booked yet for August.

$240 RT direct out of Newark on United for mid-Oct. for 3 people. I get 2 bags checked for free for booking with my airline cc. 6:30 a.m. to MCO 7:25 p.m. to EWR.

I paid $1162.40 for 4 people. Flying Southwest from PHL to MCO. Returning from MCO on Airtran. That price includes everything, the baggage fees, seat selection fees and Early Bird CheckIn. Everyday I still look to see if my prices dropped and so far they haven't come back down to what I paid. I paid $118pp for my airtran flight. At one time that fare went up to over $400pp :scared1: Now I wonder if they sold any seats for that fare because now they are back down to $138!! So what happens to the people who paid that?My fear of it being unaffordable causes me to book as soon as I see a price I can live with. So I say all that to say this: For those who are waiting to book their upcoming trips, I would advise you to book when you see a price you can afford. It's all a gamble when you hold out. Not all airlines will credit you if the price drops lower. The price I paid averages to about $290 per person (4). I am happy it's behind me and I have moved onto planning the rest of my vacation. But I must admit it is still a hard pill to swallow. :sick:

I just booked for our late August trip nonstop on USair out of PHL at $285/person x 6:scared1: We will get 4 bags checked for free because of our cc. I hovered and watched because I was waiting for a better SWA fare....well I messed myself up waiting because last week the SAME flights were $258. I keep reading in various places that the rates are expected to continue to climb as summer gets closer so that's why I bit the bullet and bought. Now I just have to stay away from looking at rates and fares because if I do see they drop (which I don't think they will), I will be really unhappy.
Like a pp said, if you see a price you can afford, book it:)

I paid $1162.40 for 4 people. Flying Southwest from PHL to MCO. Returning from MCO on Airtran. That price includes everything, the baggage fees, seat selection fees and Early Bird CheckIn. Everyday I still look to see if my prices dropped and so far they haven't come back down to what I paid. I paid $118pp for my airtran flight. At one time that fare went up to over $400pp :scared1: Now I wonder if they sold any seats for that fare because now they are back down to $138!! So what happens to the people who paid that?My fear of it being unaffordable causes me to book as soon as I see a price I can live with. So I say all that to say this: For those who are waiting to book their upcoming trips, I would advise you to book when you see a price you can afford. It's all a gamble when you hold out. Not all airlines will credit you if the price drops lower. The price I paid averages to about $290 per person (4). I am happy it's behind me and I have moved onto planning the rest of my vacation. But I must admit it is still a hard pill to swallow. :sick:

I agree. This is the most that I've paid for airfare from Newark to Orlando, ever, but, I can live with it. When I saw it plunge from $311 pp to $240, overnight, I snagged it.

We paid $249 R/T per person on Jetblue flying BDL to MCO in November. Jumped on it as soon as the schedule opened. Keep checking the airfare prices and so far it has gone up $20 total since we bought.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter