What are you paying for your airfare?

Oct 22
BUF to MCO
JB $155 per person direct

Oct 30
MCO to BUF
AT $126 per person direct

The times were good, am flight down pm flight back, no connections. Not happy with the prices. I remember paying $69 per person direct in 2008 with SW. I even paid $95 per person indirect in Jan this year. But, with the way things are going, I am just glad that we can still afford to go at all and not drive. I don't think my back or my marriage would survive the drive to WDW.:rolleyes1

just got RT on Allegiant from Grand Forks ND for 161. This is about thirty minutes further than Minneapolis for us but the best I could get for our dates from MSP was around 320. We'll be flying into Sanford so I'm sure our car rental will be more but not that much.:cool1:

Last December we got our cheapest tickets ever...

$130 + tax RT from DFW to MCO off travelocity.
Had a long layover but fair times.

For this coming December I have been faithfully tracking ticket prices.
Last week they dropped over $200 a ticket...so I booked. They might go lower but I wasn't taking a chance.

Straight flights RT at the best times we've ever had:

DFW to MCO
American Airlines
Dec 9 - Dec 15
$260 each

We booked Frontier out of Allentown, $179pp r.t 9/1-9/8. The return time isn't my first choice however we originally planned on driving and would be leaving the hotel just as early, so no loss for us.

I guess you already booked but Frontier has a 10% promo code "COW" which expires March 22nd. Total return for your dates $163.80.

Oct 22
BUF to MCO
JB $155 per person direct

Oct 30
MCO to BUF
AT $126 per person direct

The times were good, am flight down pm flight back, no connections. Not happy with the prices. I remember paying $69 per person direct in 2008 with SW. I even paid $95 per person indirect in Jan this year. But, with the way things are going, I am just glad that we can still afford to go at all and not drive. I don't think my back or my marriage would survive the drive to WDW.:rolleyes1

Had you checked Allegiant because they have released fares until Nov 13th now. I found the following:

NIAGARA FALLS/BUFF,NY (IAG) to ORLANDO-SANFORD,FL (SFB)
Departing: Mon, Oct 22 5:20 pm FLT# 655
Returning: Wed, Oct 31 2:00 pm FLT# 654

Trip Price = $109.98
Taxes & Fees = $36.60

Total Cost $146.58

We usually fly Southwest but prices for our dates have been crazy. I booked a RT flight yesterday with Delta from JAN to MCO May 10 and return May 14 for $154.70. The same flight was $310 on Tuesday. Glad I waited one more day. It is back to $239 today.

We booked yesterday with Delta for $159.20 R/T IND to MCO (5/24-6/3). The flight times are not good and there are long layovers but it's half the price of all the other carriers and it will be much easier than driving.

I'm glad to have travel arrangements settled and I feel like our flight price is a good deal.

Now to figure out how I'm going to fit everything for 6 ppl into 6 carry ons. We have an OL that I just restocked in Jan (including sunscreen) so at least I don't need to stress about toiletries.

I bit the bullet this morning and booked our flights for October (23-28). I paid $301.60 roundtrip out of Akron with Air Tran. That is the highest I have ever paid for flights out of Akron!! However, with gas prices continuing to climb, I wanted to get locked in. The flight times are good - morning departure and evening return - and the flights are direct. Now I will cross my fingers for the next six months hoping Air Tran won't change the flight times. :)

Kelly

:) Booked BIL for our Oct trip. We hope he is going but we will have to see, 80% sure I guess. Non stop BHM (B'ham, AL) to MCO $100. Will fly back with us through New Orleans, then on to BHM, $131. Great time on a Saturday afternoon down there. So $231 with SW. DH told him to go ahead and book since we figured prices would/could climb.

That was a good $70 less than what we paid. I could have gotten something about that price from Delta, but he would have to go through ATL.

He is working on his doctorate in engineering but probably couldn't remember where we are staying. We have to help him :rolleyes:

I bit the bullet this morning and booked our flights for October (23-28). I paid $301.60 roundtrip out of Akron with Air Tran. That is the highest I have ever paid for flights out of Akron!! However, with gas prices continuing to climb, I wanted to get locked in. The flight times are good - morning departure and evening return - and the flights are direct. Now I will cross my fingers for the next six months hoping Air Tran won't change the flight times. :)

Kelly

Close by - we paid $209 RT Pittsburgh to MCO for Oct 4 - 8, on SW. We booked February 20, the day the SW schedule was updated. Both flights are nonstop. Right now, that same flight is $332.

Back in 2009 we paid $158 RT for flights in early December. So I feel pretty good about our fare this year. I am pretty sure they are not going down anytime between now and our flight.

We are looking at $600 per ticket on Delta out of Duluth MN. We are limited on airlines. We have been flying out of Central WI recently. The airfare out of CWA is around $460.

The flights out of Minneapolis are running around $400.

for 2 roundtrip tickets from kansas city on soutwest airlines I'm paying $5 each....:rotfl2: that's the 9/11 security fee cost. the tickets are actually free thru points

We are looking at $600 per ticket on Delta out of Duluth MN. We are limited on airlines. We have been flying out of Central WI recently. The airfare out of CWA is around $460.

The flights out of Minneapolis are running around $400.

You may want to check Allegiant out of Duluth, MN.

I am trying to figure out if it would be smarter to book soon after all the airlines post their prices for December, when I see any sort of drop. Or if I should wait through the summer to see if gas prices drop for the fall and book then? Any thoughts?? Something tells me this is going to be a bigger part of our budget than we had origianlly thought!:sad2:

webworm
Thanks for the Allegiant idea. We have tried to use the airline in the past, but our schedules haven't coincided.:)

$240 round trip from Dallas to Orlando Friday to Saturday in June. I had to seriously HUNT to get that rate, everything was in the $350-450pp range. It's on Southwest, who I prefer to fly because of the no additional fees. I was this close to booking Spirit until Southwest dropped their prices.

We have 2 vacations planned, flying from Buffalo, NY :

WDW May 15-19

Southwest down--$137 each

Jetblue back--originally $200, got $55 credits when they went down to $145]

round trip total each: $282

We have paid $170 - 290 over the past few years, so I am OK with those prices.

DL Dec 2- 7

Jetblue $390 each round trip. (Used the $110 credits from the May trips, so really paid $335).

Just booked today when they opened. I'm pretty happy with that, I have been seeing prices close to $450- 500. We did change our dates to get those rates, we had originally been looking @ Nov 26- Dec 1. The prices for Nov 26 (the Mon after Thanksgiving) were outrageous-- $400 for just the one way, almost $600 round trip !!! :scared1: I'll keep my eye on the prices; I'd be thrilled if they go down & I can get a credit.

What a dream it would be to have $200.00 airfares. I live in North Dakota and I paid a bargain $537.00:eek: per ticket for our September trip. 4 tickets cost me over $2000.00. I could have saved $800.00 by driving to Minneapolis which is 6 hours away, just not worth it. Then to top it off one of the tickets was for my daughter's fiancee who ended their relationship 9 days after I bought his nonrefundable/nontransferable ticket.:mad::sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter