What are the restaurants like at AKL?

sdteacher

Mouseketeer
We will be staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge and I was curious about the restaurants there.

Jiko's is our favorite restaurant at WDW and very close to our favorite restaurant anywhere! We've never made it to Boma's yet but we plan to do that next spring. Mara, the fast food place, is okay. We rarely eat there since we're in the parks during the day.

They are all very good.

Jiko is a signature dining restaurant, just wonderful.

Boma is a buffet like no other buffet - it is equally good for breakfast or dinner... we always have to do both!

The Mara is one of the best quick service restaurants around, I think they offer more than any other deluxe resort quick service and they have some very unique and wonderful offerings... they always have a few soups that are also served at Boma (and Zebra Domes too!), they have typical quick service items like burgers & chicken nuggets, but they also have some dishes with an African flair like stews, salads, chicken, etc. I really like their fried shrimp meal because the shrimp is always good and they give you TONS of it (I always ask for salad instead of fries and have always been accommodated, but last year I was told that it was either fries or the couscous salad - and maybe there was one other side salad - but not a green salad).

If you click on my Oct link you can see a ton of pics of Boma breakfast and dinner and Jiko dinner.

Boma breakfast is the most amazing breakfast, a must do for us each trip

Boma dinner was not for us, we did not like the food offerings or the cinnamon/spice taste on all the food.

Jiko dinner was out of this world fantastic and I would go out of my way to eat there

I love both Boma and Jiko's - Maras is good for a fast bite. But Bomas is a place I travel to get to - even though it is loud and really busy. I love their soups, different kinds of hummus and salads. And Jiko is one of my top faves....

Jiko is pricey. Good experience, but you pay for it.

Boma is an all you can eat. There is a long thread about it. Most people love it, a few dislike it. We loved it, you can take your time and graze amongst a lot of food choices. Mostly an african theme, but there is food there for even picky eaters who only like bland things.

Jiko is one of our favorite fine dining choices at WDW. It's a long dinner, not a place to go for a quick bite or expect to be out in an hour. Early in the evenings there may be kids there but we always dine later and it's a pretty adult only crowd. It is known for having the largest selection of African wines in the US and we always enjoy a great bottle with dinner.

Boma is the only buffet we like. Amazing adventure to eat there and try foods that you've never had anywhere else. Non adventurous eaters generally don't like it much.

Boma is our favourite buffet at WDW. We have never eaten at Jiko, mainly because we use the Dining Plan and don't feel that any restaurant is worth 2 credits. AKL is a a beautiful resort and I don't think you can do much better that the restaurants they offer. Enjoy your trip!

We really enjoyed the AKL restaurants during our stay in June. Boma has an amazing selection & Mara is hands-down my favorite counter service restaurant in all of WDW.

Here's a list of the AKL menus: http://allears.net/menu/menus.htm#res

While you're there, don't forget to ask the concierge for the free night vision goggles. They're too cool!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter