What about Fastpass+?

FP+ is definitely affecting FP- for big ticket rides. I went to HS on 10/11. They opened the gates at 8:45 (no EMH) and we went straight to Jedi TA. Waited there until about 9:15. Got to TSMM by 9:20 and the FP- distribution was already at 4:30-5:30, the stand-by line was at 30 minutes. All the FP- were distributed by about 10 am. I know it is a popular ride, but I was surprised that they were all gone that early. I returned to the ride at about 2:45 and the stand-by at that time was 2 hours long! We went to Epcot on 10/12. We arrived a little later, at 9:30. Hustled to get to Soarin (had a FP+ for 9:20-10:20) and the FP- distribution was out to 3 pm. Stand-by line was at 50 minutes. All the FP were gone by 12 pm. The FP for test track and mission space were gone earlier. The line for Space-ship earth was at 30 minutes by 10 am, changed my FP+ to ride that because the lines for everything else (except the Norway ride) were non-existant (5 minutes for Nemo etc). It was F+W and Epcot was PACKED to over-flowing but I think the majority of people there were there for the big ticket rides and the F+W. I also noticed this on one of our MK days. Lines for most rides (including, surprisingly, Voyage of the LM) were really very short except for the headliners (the Mountains), those had very long lines with FP return times very late or gone. So, I definitely think having FP+ for the headliners is important if you're not going to arrive very early and knock them out very quickly.

Yes that's IF you can get FP+. Poor shmucks like me that don't stay on site are apparently screwed right now. I just hope that changes!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Ok a few observations from my weekend trip:
We got to HS about 9:30 am and the FP return time was 7:20!!! Granted it was EMH but we've been during EMH before and have never seen return times that late so early in morning.
We were also not able to ride Soarin bc of the same situation. We needed to do single rider line if we wanted to ride test track. The line for spaceship earth ( yes I said the line, never a line here.) was 15 min. I know that's not long but I've never waited for this ride.
I understand that it was Columbus Day weekend, but I've been for spring break and July 4th and have always rode the rides I've wanted w good old regular FP.
My DH was so disgusted that he doesn't want to renew our annual passes. I don't blame him, why am I going to pay thousands of dollars and have to wait in hour long lines.
I just hope something changes before our December trip, although I'm sure nothing will.
I'm just so disappointed!!! I didn't think Disney would ever do what Universal does. I emailed my feelings to them this morning.

My feeling exactly. We will not renew our AP's if FP+ isn't opened to AP holders !!

I've been reading about the experiences of people on several websites and things look pretty bleak right now. We have some of our ADR's set for our trip in December but I'm holding off on buying passes because I'm uneasy about this. I don't want to spend a lot of money to wait in long lines just because I choose to stay offsite this time. I'll have to wait and see how things go.

There was supposedly a glitch one day that caused problems with the fastpass machines at a few attractions but that was only for one day. People are claiming that only a small percentage of FP is actually paper fastpasses now and I'm worried that that will only get worse. I hope to still go this December but we might be done with Disney after that if things don't look up.

Someone mentioned Universal but that is actually a more fair system IMO. You only have people in a few resorts (instead of tons!) getting the Express pass and also those few who choose to purchase them. No one can make fastpass reservations so the Express is available for everyone on the day of use. At Disney you can't even buy FP+ if you stay offsite which I would seriously consider if it was available.

I've been reading about the experiences of people on several websites and things look pretty bleak right now. We have some of our ADR's set for our trip in December but I'm holding off on buying passes because I'm uneasy about this. I don't want to spend a lot of money to wait in long lines just because I choose to stay offsite this time. I'll have to wait and see how things go. There was supposedly a glitch one day that caused problems with the fastpass machines at a few attractions but that was only for one day. People are claiming that only a small percentage of FP is actually paper fastpasses now and I'm worried that that will only get worse. I hope to still go this December but we might be done with Disney after that if things don't look up. Someone mentioned Universal but that is actually a more fair system IMO. You only have people in a few resorts (instead of tons!) getting the Express pass and also those few who choose to purchase them. No one can make fastpass reservations so the Express is available for everyone on the day of use. At Disney you can't even buy FP+ if you stay offsite which I would seriously consider if it was available.

You're right about Universal. I have stayed at the HRH and had express pass that was great! We never bought it even when we weren't staying there. I never really saw the need for it. Disney lines are much worse!

And I'm not sure that I would pay for FP at Disney when its been part of the admission all these years.

If it ain't broke don't try to fix it!! I don't understand what was wrong w the old FP system.

This past weekend has made me so bitter about the whole thing. Before we left I thought we'll just go w the flow everything will be fine until I saw what was going on.

Did I mention there was a 15 min wait for SSE!!!! I have never waited in line for that ride. Not even on July 4th!!!!! :(

FYI I received an email from guest services that all guests, including day guests (aka off site) will have access to MagicBands at the end of 2013. Of course incorrect information has come out in the past from CMs but I think this makes sense. My guess is that if you purchase tickets from Disney directly they will ship you a band if you haven't already gotten one and you will be able to make FP+ selections at the 60 day window. I continue to guess if you bought tickets through UCT then you would link them and then be issued your band if you didn't already have them. Makes sense to me. We will see if my prediction comes true.

FYI I received an email from guest services that all guests, including day guests (aka off site) will have access to MagicBands at the end of 2013. Of course incorrect information has come out in the past from CMs but I think this makes sense. My guess is that if you purchase tickets from Disney directly they will ship you a band if you haven't already gotten one and you will be able to make FP+ selections at the 60 day window. I continue to guess if you bought tickets through UCT then you would link them and then be issued your band if you didn't already have them. Makes sense to me. We will see if my prediction comes true.

I'm assuming the same for APs when their linked???

Let's hope for the best. Even if it Jan. 1 I'd be happy. I think not knowing is the worst part of this whole thing. If they would just give us an around about date it would be fine. KWIM??

Really hoping they add the FastPass+ before our trip in February. Wonder how Disney would know our dates though if we have the tickets linked. I have ours linked but didn't see a place to add dates.

Really hoping they add the FastPass+ before our trip in February. Wonder how Disney would know our dates though if we have the tickets linked. I have ours linked but didn't see a place to add dates.

I'm wondering the same thing. :(

Hope they figure it out soon! I know I'm pretty much screwed for our Christmas trip, but I want this all resolved by the time we return in Feb.

I think that they could ask what your planned visit dates are when you link your tickets. Then they could allow FP+ on only those dates. You could change your dates but you'd have to replace a day with whatever new day you plan. Frankly, it sounds like a nightmare for the Disney website.

Disney could also only allow day of visit FP+ for offsite guests. Once you're in the park you could use your phone or go to a kiosk and try to find FP. I'm not thrilled about this one particularly if there aren't very many kiosks.

The only thing that worries me is that I won't have enough time to reserve FP+ attractions before my trip. I'm afraid they'll all be gone.

I think that they could ask what your planned visit dates are when you link your tickets. Then they could allow FP+ on only those dates. You could change your dates but you'd have to replace a day with whatever new day you plan. Frankly, it sounds like a nightmare for the Disney website.

But what about people like me that go 4-6 times a year and sometimes less than a month apart? Like last year I took my mom in Sept for a girls only, then went back in Oct with my husband and mom. Then I was planning a solo trip for Dec (which I round up not taking, but definitely considered). One year I took my mom in midDecember, came home celebrated Christmas, then took my granddaughter to WDW two days after Christmas and into the New Year, as her Christmas gift. I could easily have more than one trip coming up in a 60 day span. I would want FP+ for each of them. Then you might have a circumstance like we had for our Oct trip last year. The Oct trip was supposed to be just my husband and I, but due to her diabetes acting up, we had to add my mom less than a week before we left, because we couldn't leave her alone. What would happen if that happened again and me and my husband had our FP+ set up, but then we had to add her at the last minute and couldn't get matching fastpasses for her?

The only thing that worries me is that I won't have enough time to reserve FP+ attractions before my trip. I'm afraid they'll all be gone.

Same here! I'll be there Dec 6th-16th, staying offsite at Wyndham Bonnet Creek as an AP holder. I'm already in that 60 day window, but currently am not eligible for FP+.

But what about people like me that go 4-6 times a year and sometimes less than a month apart? Like last year I took my mom in Sept for a girls only, then went back in Oct with my husband and mom. Then I was planning a solo trip for Dec (which I round up not taking, but definitely considered). One year I took my mom in midDecember, came home celebrated Christmas, then took my granddaughter to WDW two days after Christmas and into the New Year, as her Christmas gift. I could easily have more than one trip coming up in a 60 day span. I would want FP+ for each of them. Then you might have a circumstance like we had for our Oct trip last year. The Oct trip was supposed to be just my husband and I, but due to her diabetes acting up, we had to add my mom less than a week before we left, because we couldn't leave her alone. What would happen if that happened again and me and my husband had our FP+ set up, but then we had to add her at the last minute and couldn't get matching fastpasses for her? Same here! I'll be there Dec 6th-16th, staying offsite at Wyndham Bonnet Creek as an AP holder. I'm already in that 60 day window, but currently am not eligible for FP+.

I have a lot of these same concerns. We go about every 2-3 months.

I'm at 68 days out today. I am really stressed about the Christmas trip. I've already said it's not going to be a ride trip just a take in the Christmas decorations and atmosphere kinda trip.

I am really stressed about the Christmas trip. I've already said it's not going to be a ride trip just a take in the Christmas decorations and atmosphere kinda trip.

Yep, me too. Do we think we are out of luck for FP+ for Christmas week? Dec 21-28? I'm hopeful....

I think making rope drop is going to be extra critical if we want to ride any headliners without wasting our days in line. Also hoping the last hour or two of park opening will be lighter. We are night people, so we can easily close down the parks. Rope drop is harder, but I'm determined.

Staying at Sheraton Vistana Resort
Dec 21-28

This transition has been a bit rocky it seems as we're hitting the full resort rollout. Part of the challenge has been the poor flow of information from Disney about how it all will be handled. There are some good things about FP+ for sure, but I feel for the guests who are going during the transition time and staying off-site or the guests who simply aren't aware of the changes that are happening.

Based on what we've seen with FP availability decreasing as the FP+ rollout happens it's almost certain that regular FP will be gone for good soon. If the CM that emailed me is correct and FP+ is rolled out to everyone by the end of the year how will that get communicated?

Is it safe to assume that if you buy tickets from UCT then you're already fairly savvy about Disney? If you buy your tickets through Disney directly they will inform you about FP+ and making your selections and ordering your MB, etc. Will UCT tell people to link their tickets with MDE so they can use FP+ and MB?

Then there are also questions about limits on AP holders. Technically, if I lived nearby I could stop into WDW everyday and ride a headliner or three if I had FP+ reserved. What stops the AP holders from booking something everyday? Is it fair to limit them since they did pay for a ticket that would allow them go to everyday. Is that such a small segment of guests that it is a non-issue?

I'm also curious about the same-day availability. Since you can book online will they release some at a certain time each day? For our upcoming trip we're planning on doing the 4 parks in order, then spending 3 days doing whatever we feel like. We're not booking ADRs in the parks those days so we're not tied down to a certain park on a certain day and don't have to buy hoppers. However, we'll almost have to book FP+ for TSMM, Soarin, etc if we want a chance to ride those. If not, we'll have to be there at RD to catch the shortest standby lines for those rides, which kind of kills the ability to enjoy a nice character breakfast, etc. Morning EMH days will be a thing to avoid for sure, especially staying off site. And with the way that Disney changes the calendars it's hard to plan for some of that at all.

Some of these challenges face guests regardless of on-site or off-site and while I do like to not have to rush to get a FP for some rides first thing in the morning, it does kill some spontaneity for the trips.

will have access to MagicBands at the end of 2013.
Past statements on e.g. the Disney Parks Blog have said that onsite guests, AP holders, and folks purchasing "certain photography packages" (e.g PP+) will be given Bands; others can buy them.

Past statements on e.g. the Disney Parks Blog have said that onsite guests, AP holders, and folks purchasing "certain photography packages" (e.g PP+) will be given Bands; others can buy them.

Do you have the link to that? Love to read it
Thanks

Keep in mind that having bands and being able to book FP+ are two separate things. You don't need one to do the other from what Disney and others have been saying.

I've been listening and reading blogs from those who advise others on how to tour and so far they seem to consistently recommend one strategy. They say to get to the park at rope and make a bee line to whatever popular ride is most important. They suggest riding it immediately whether or not you get fastpasses particularly if the return times are wacky. In other words, ride TSM upon arrival or maybe go to ToT and RnR first thing if one or both of those are important.

It's interesting to think about. I plan to tweak rope drop plans when our trip in December gets closer. I will probably go ahead and buy passes directly from Disney even though they cost more, just in case. I'm still uneasy about getting involved in all of this but DS really wants to go so I guess that we will.

Dear Patricia,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort.

We greatly value our Passholders and currently, the MyMagic®+ experience
is in the test-and-adjust phase for Passholders. More information will
be announced when MyMagic+ is ready to launch for Passholders.

We anticipate MyMagic®+ will be available to all Walt Disney World
Guests in the coming months. Please visit the Disney Parks blog and
MyDisneyExperience.com for updates. Passholders will receive MagicBands
they can use whenever they visit the Walt Disney World theme parks.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact
us.

Sincerely,
Sumi Day
WDW Online Communications

PLEASE NOTE: All information is subject to change without notice and
should be confirmed just prior to your visit.

Just received this from WDW...made me happy !!!!

Dear Patricia, Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort. We greatly value our Passholders and currently, the MyMagic®+ experience is in the test-and-adjust phase for Passholders. More information will be announced when MyMagic+ is ready to launch for Passholders. We anticipate MyMagic®+ will be available to all Walt Disney World Guests in the coming months. Please visit the Disney Parks blog and MyDisneyExperience.com for updates. Passholders will receive MagicBands they can use whenever they visit the Walt Disney World theme parks. If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us. Sincerely, Sumi Day WDW Online Communications PLEASE NOTE: All information is subject to change without notice and should be confirmed just prior to your visit. Just received this from WDW...made me happy !!!!

Thanks for sharing!! As a future annual pass holder that makes me happy too!!

Keep in mind that having bands and being able to book FP+ are two separate things. You don't need one to do the other from what Disney and others have been saying. I've been listening and reading blogs from those who advise others on how to tour and so far they seem to consistently recommend one strategy. They say to get to the park at rope and make a bee line to whatever popular ride is most important. They suggest riding it immediately whether or not you get fastpasses particularly if the return times are wacky. In other words, ride TSM upon arrival or maybe go to ToT and RnR first thing if one or both of those are important. It's interesting to think about. I plan to tweak rope drop plans when our trip in December gets closer. I will probably go ahead and buy passes directly from Disney even though they cost more, just in case. I'm still uneasy about getting involved in all of this but DS really wants to go so I guess that we will.

I don't even care about having a MB. Idont think I would even want to wear it lol. I just want to be able to book the FP+.
I kinda thought that I could just tap my AP just like tapping a MB. Right??
Hope you go anyway!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter