What about Fastpass+?

We are leaving in 2 weeks and planning on still using old FP. I'm just still not sure how that will effect us w most people using FP+. A little worried but, it is what it is. We are very fortunate that we will be back again soon. IF this was my only vacation this year then i would be upset.
Has anybody heard any news about when the FP machines will be removed?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Has anybody heard any news about when the FP machines will be removed?

I've been searching for that information and I still see only rumors. It could be in a few days or November or the first of the year...you know how that goes. ;)

I think it's going to be soon, maybe after the holidays. Once all of the resorts are up, how much longer can/will they bother keeping them up?

People will likely do as they do at Universal or even Atlantis. They will book a room they have no intention of using. I did just that for our trip. It's still WAY cheaper than booking a DVC 2 bedroom. A 1 night hotel at a value (which is costing me about 83 bucks total for Nov. 17) is getting me the option to book BoG, get my 'free parking' and get MBs for those 2 days plus magic hours. We do short trips to Disney- (never more than 4 nights) and often go to other places. This time around we are doing 2 days at DW and 1 at Aquatica. The time savings alone over those 2 days will amount to several hours NOT in lines. BoG alone for lunch has over an hour wait right now:scared1:

In the meantime we get to stay at Bonnet Creek with a 2 bedroom condo. :banana:

I also have a "ghost" reservation, but it is for the full 8 nights. I booked the full 8 nights because I wanted the dining plan and also because I was worried about booking only one night and then the MB/FP not working after that day. I got the room discount at Pop, so the room cost me about $100 per night. We are staying in a 4 bed presidential at WBC. Even with my 8 night ghost stay at POP, I am still saving a lot of money (and getting much more room) than my original reservation at BLT. This way, I get more space, get the EMH, get the dining plan, get the MB and FP+. For me, that's worth $100 a night.

I also have a "ghost" reservation, but it is for the full 8 nights. I booked the full 8 nights because I wanted the dining plan and also because I was worried about booking only one night and then the MB/FP not working after that day. I got the room discount at Pop, so the room cost me about $100 per night. We are staying in a 4 bed presidential at WBC. Even with my 8 night ghost stay at POP, I am still saving a lot of money (and getting much more room) than my original reservation at BLT. This way, I get more space, get the EMH, get the dining plan, get the MB and FP+. For me, that's worth $100 a night.

If you are renting a four bedroom at BC, how many people are in your party? You will only be able to book four people in the Pop room, so the others would not be able to get the DDP, extra magic hours, or the MB and FP+.:confused3

I just returned from WDW this past Sunday (was there Sept 14th-22nd). I go to WDW every Sept. The MBs seemed to make the standby lines alot longer than normal. For example Sept 15th I got into the Toy Story Mania line at 9:08am (Eight minutes after park opening). The wait time was already posted at 55 minutes. It took just a little over an hour to get to the point where the fast pass people come in. The CM stopped us while she let them in. I swear there were at least 25 people there using their MBs. Consequently it took us well over an hour to get on the ride, whereas normally if you go straight to TSM at park opening like I did, you get on in well under half an hour. If it was later in the day it would have been even worse, because we would have had to wait for not just the guests using the MBs, but also people holding paper fast passes. I had grabbed a fast pass before getting in line and it had a return time of 2:55pm (again this is right at park opening). That has never happened to me before. The return times have always been in the mornings, (if we grab them right at 9:00am). When I returned at 3:00pm to use the fast pass, even the fast pass line was twice as long as it usually is, due to the people using MBs. Since they are still just testing the MBs and not all the resorts are using them, I was really shocked at how negatively they affected my trip. My wait times were definitely longer than they have ever been on past Sept trips. In fact, I was there in May and my wait times in May were alot shorter than they were last week, which is unusual as Sept is usually the slower time of the year. I really dread it when all the resorts start using the magic bands. I can see wait times being really, really long in the stand by lines.

Oh one other thing: One day I happened to be behind a family that had the magic bands. The dad was laughing about how when they got back he was going to sell their magic bands on ebay. He said that he knew he could easily get $200.00 a piece for them. The wife asked if someone else would even be able to use them. He said' who cares, that'd be their problem. I guarantee those stupid people that stay offsite will buy them'. I felt like tapping him on the shoulder and telling him I was one of those 'stupid' offsite people and asking him how much he paid for their tiny hotel room compared to the what I paid for my one bedroom condo at Bonnet Creek. lol

I've been searching for that information and I still see only rumors. It could be in a few days or November or the first of the year...you know how that goes. ;)

Yeah unfortunately I know exactly what you mean. UGH!!!
I'm really hoping by Dec. I'll just be able to book FP+. My DS16 hates getting up for RD!! LOL Damn teenagers... he slows me down.

I just returned from WDW this past Sunday (was there Sept 14th-22nd). I go to WDW every Sept. The MBs seemed to make the standby lines alot longer than normal. For example Sept 15th I got into the Toy Story Mania line at 9:08am (Eight minutes after park opening). The wait time was already posted at 55 minutes. It took just a little over an hour to get to the point where the fast pass people come in. The CM stopped us while she let them in. I swear there were at least 25 people there using their MBs. Consequently it took us well over an hour to get on the ride, whereas normally if you go straight to TSM at park opening like I did, you get on in well under half an hour. If it was later in the day it would have been even worse, because we would have had to wait for not just the guests using the MBs, but also people holding paper fast passes. I had grabbed a fast pass before getting in line and it had a return time of 2:55pm (again this is right at park opening). That has never happened to me before. The return times have always been in the mornings, (if we grab them right at 9:00am). When I returned at 3:00pm to use the fast pass, even the fast pass line was twice as long as it usually is, due to the people using MBs. Since they are still just testing the MBs and not all the resorts are using them, I was really shocked at how negatively they affected my trip. My wait times were definitely longer than they have ever been on past Sept trips. In fact, I was there in May and my wait times in May were alot shorter than they were last week, which is unusual as Sept is usually the slower time of the year. I really dread it when all the resorts start using the magic bands. I can see wait times being really, really long in the stand by lines.

Oh one other thing: One day I happened to be behind a family that had the magic bands. The dad was laughing about how when they got back he was going to sell their magic bands on ebay. He said that he knew he could easily get $200.00 a piece for them. The wife asked if someone else would even be able to use them. He said' who cares, that'd be their problem. I guarantee those stupid people that stay offsite will buy them'. I felt like tapping him on the shoulder and telling him I was one of those 'stupid' offsite people and asking him how much he paid for their tiny hotel room compared to the what I paid for my one bedroom condo at Bonnet Creek. lol

This is exactly what I'm afraid of. We were there over Labor Day weekend and had a similar scenario. We pulled FP for TSM early and the return time was afternoon after we were planning on leaving, and I wasn't waiting in the standby line which was much longer than usual.

You should've said something!! That would have made me... I don't know what!!
Some people have no class.
He's the stupid one for saying something like that in the first place.

Interesting observations, thanks for sharing. I was wondering if the rope drop advantage was going to decrease with MBs/FP+. Sounds like it is.

This is exactly what I'm afraid of. We were there over Labor Day weekend and had a similar scenario. We pulled FP for TSM early and the return time was afternoon after we were planning on leaving, and I wasn't waiting in the standby line which was much longer than usual.

I was also there Labor Day weekend and got there at RD and had no problem at all. that being said, we went to DHS on Josh's recommended day and we went right to FP, got one, then went on the ride, then went back on with our FP, then drew another FP after we got off and rode a 3rd time.

But Disney is saying that FP+ shouldn't affect the standby lines! I guess that I'll believe that when I see it.

If you are renting a four bedroom at BC, how many people are in your party? You will only be able to book four people in the Pop room, so the others would not be able to get the DDP, extra magic hours, or the MB and FP+.:confused3

There's only 4 of us. I'm traveling solo with my 3 kids. I wanted them to have their own rooms like they do at home. Well rested kids = happy mom. Sharing room = bedtime shenanigans and less sleep.

I'm starting to feel a little annoyed by being left out of the FP+ stuff lately. I was just a bit concerned but I think that all of the endless threads on the Themeparks forums are getting to me a little.

On a brighter note, I thought that I saw someone say that CM's are testing FP+ as offsite guests. If true, that at least would indicate some progress for the rest of us.

There's only 4 of us. I'm traveling solo with my 3 kids. I wanted them to have their own rooms like they do at home. Well rested kids = happy mom. Sharing room = bedtime shenanigans and less sleep.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I agree! I know everyone is different but I am continually shocked at how families with 2 kids stay in a value room for an entire week and don't manage to kill each other. We are going with my 2yo and there is no way we'd be happy in one shoebox. He needs to nap and I refuse to sit in the dark in silence every night at 730 just so he can sleep.

Paying for a ghost ressie is totally worth it IMO- we are doing the same thing four our short trip and next year I'll likely do it again if the onsite benefits remain the same. It saves a ton of $$$ over DVC and you get WAY more space!:cool1::cool1:

I'm starting to feel a little annoyed by being left out of the FP+ stuff lately. I was just a bit concerned but I think that all of the endless threads on the Themeparks forums are getting to me a little.

On a brighter note, I thought that I saw someone say that CM's are testing FP+ as offsite guests. If true, that at least would indicate some progress for the rest of us.

If I had to guess- I'd say January they will open it to everyone. They will likely want to test with just on siters through the holidays with all the crowds.

Well we leave in 4 days. Hoping all goes well w using old FP. I'm not nearly as worried as I am for my December trip.

I'll post and let you all know how it goes.

Well we leave in 4 days. Hoping all goes well w using old FP. I'm not nearly as worried as I am for my December trip. I'll post and let you all know how it goes. Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

We just got back, and at MK we didn't need a single FP. The lines were very minimal all day. Epcot and DHS had longer lines but we expected that because they have fewer rides. We just arrived early and planned well. We had a great trip, and had a blast. The annoying thing was all the parade and fireworks viewing for FP+. I hated that. That was the only time that I felt annoyed with it the whole trip.

We just got back, and at MK we didn't need a single FP. The lines were very minimal all day. Epcot and DHS had longer lines but we expected that because they have fewer rides. We just arrived early and planned well. We had a great trip, and had a blast. The annoying thing was all the parade and fireworks viewing for FP+. I hated that. That was the only time that I felt annoyed with it the whole trip.

Good to know...thanks!

Although I kinda figured it wouldn't be that bad at this time of year, like I said before I'm really worried about my Christmas trip. UGH!!!!

Ok a few observations from my weekend trip:
We got to HS about 9:30 am and the FP return time was 7:20!!! Granted it was EMH but we've been during EMH before and have never seen return times that late so early in morning.
We were also not able to ride Soarin bc of the same situation. We needed to do single rider line if we wanted to ride test track. The line for spaceship earth ( yes I said the line, never a line here.) was 15 min. I know that's not long but I've never waited for this ride.
I understand that it was Columbus Day weekend, but I've been for spring break and July 4th and have always rode the rides I've wanted w good old regular FP.
My DH was so disgusted that he doesn't want to renew our annual passes. I don't blame him, why am I going to pay thousands of dollars and have to wait in hour long lines.
I just hope something changes before our December trip, although I'm sure nothing will.
I'm just so disappointed!!! I didn't think Disney would ever do what Universal does. I emailed my feelings to them this morning.

FP+ is definitely affecting FP- for big ticket rides. I went to HS on 10/11. They opened the gates at 8:45 (no EMH) and we went straight to Jedi TA. Waited there until about 9:15. Got to TSMM by 9:20 and the FP- distribution was already at 4:30-5:30, the stand-by line was at 30 minutes. All the FP- were distributed by about 10 am. I know it is a popular ride, but I was surprised that they were all gone that early. I returned to the ride at about 2:45 and the stand-by at that time was 2 hours long!

We went to Epcot on 10/12. We arrived a little later, at 9:30. Hustled to get to Soarin (had a FP+ for 9:20-10:20) and the FP- distribution was out to 3 pm. Stand-by line was at 50 minutes. All the FP were gone by 12 pm. The FP for test track and mission space were gone earlier. The line for Space-ship earth was at 30 minutes by 10 am, changed my FP+ to ride that because the lines for everything else (except the Norway ride) were non-existant (5 minutes for Nemo etc). It was F+W and Epcot was PACKED to over-flowing but I think the majority of people there were there for the big ticket rides and the F+W.

I also noticed this on one of our MK days. Lines for most rides (including, surprisingly, Voyage of the LM) were really very short except for the headliners (the Mountains), those had very long lines with FP return times very late or gone. So, I definitely think having FP+ for the headliners is important if you're not going to arrive very early and knock them out very quickly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter