What’s on everyone’s New Year’s Eve menu?

I think I'll do make your own nachos. It's just DH and I and our 2 DDs doing nothing. It's the 17th anniversary of my Dad's passing so I am not a big NYs fan.

Recipe please!

And what is pineapple fake fool??

It's a British fool which uses marshmallows over sugar to stabilize the cream and sweeten it:)...it's a family tradition from the 50's (my mom's family was from England) that was cheap and easy, when they didn't have a lot of money. My fam calls it "pineapple delight", but it's really a British fool dessert (with the sweetner swap:)...

It's this recipe, but take out the vanilla and sugar for mini marshmallows (1 for 1 with the cream amount) and soak the cream with the marshmallow overnight before you start the whipping - http://www.alleasyrecipes.com/recipes/2/2/pineapple_fool.asp - ps - you can use any fresh or canned pineapple you have in any way you have it:)...

A must as one of our sides is Spinach Balls - even non-spinach lovers love these!

Those were a mainstay at Christmas growing up and Ai have not had them in 25+ years! Yum!

As for us... Oy. We usually go to a.party but I am suck, so we (4) are staying home. I went overboard at the cheese shop yesterday.

Making a huge charcuterie board with lots of fancy cheeses, toast points, fruit jams, pickled veg etc.

Also have meatballs going, deviled eggs in process, chips and dip, mozzarella sticks, pizza, veggies and dip, baked brie and berries, and pribprob something I am forgetting.

We're doing "crack dip" which is a tub of sour cream with shredded cheddar, bacon, and a ranch packet. We also got a giant wheel a brie, half with honey and walnuts and half with fig jam. We have nut thins and apples for that and pretzels for the "crack dip". We aren't champagne people so we have sparkling cider and an oatmeal stout to sip on. Yesterday we made a ham and bean soup so that's a more substantial meal before we start snacking lol.

Recipe please!

And what is pineapple fake fool??

This is how I make my Spinach Balls

Mix 1 box stovetop dressing with 1 C. hot water and 1/4 C. butter until blended. Then add 2 boxes thawed chopped spinach (squeezed dry) 1/2 c. finely diced mushrooms (opt.)
1/2 C finely diced onion and 1/2 - 1 C parmesan cheese.
Add 3 beaten eggs.
Shape into 1-2 in balls. Bake on greased cookie sheet 20-25 min. at 400*.

Enjoy! Yummy!

we always do different appetizers. I got quesadillas, potato skins, pizza bagels, potstickers, chicken nuggets, mozzarella sticks, and warm spinach artichoke dip. also hoping my fiancé picks up our fave ice cream on the way home - Baskin Robbins Mint Chocolate Chip!

I just finished making DD's requested chex mix, buffalo chicken dip, 7 layer dip, spinach artichoke dip, and oreo truffles. Tomorrow I'm making Italian beef in the crockpot and we will snack on leftover dip.

This past week is the most cooking I've done in a long time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter