Welcome to the YaYa's: YYotC at Castaway Cay Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poohnatic said:
Lainey, I do have to hit Borders tomorrow for a b'day gift, so I'll take a look for that one. The dummies books are funny, we sold them at Babbage's waaaaaay back when. When they branched out from just computer titles, we made sure we always had "wine for dummies", "sex for dummies" and "parenting for dummies" grouped together. :rotfl2:
:rotfl:
There was a catalog that I got once and right next to the "Sensual Massage" book they had, there was a video about the miracle of birth. I always thought someone had a great sense of humor with that one too :teeth:

You know, I totally understand about some of the food stuff you said you were babbling about. But I think it's cool your work can be brought home with you and loved that much :teeth:

For whatever reason I am tired today. I slept quite a bit, but honestly, I feel like I need more. I am just happy I was able to sleep w/o needing to prop my head.

Little things excite me, what can I say :teeth:

Other than cleaning and taking my dad to the airport later, not much is on the agenda here :)

Morning!

Jared is home from school today. Has a tummy ache and he puked in the middle of the night. :(

Suzanne, I thought getting up at 4:30 and 5:00 was bad! :eek:

Tara, sorry about the no playground and the horrible shower. The hotel looks really nice and the view is awesome.

Nancy, yay on the BaB trip! I haven't been in there in soooo long. :( I like Panera too. Can't wait to see Tulip pics. :)

Gotta go throw some sheets in the wash.

Tara, I'm sorry that you went from bad to worstest...perhaps y'all should just all go tent camping next time? :teeth:

Suzanne :rotfl: at the book order.

Morning Ya Yas!

Elaine, if you are tired, take it easy. A nice stroll up the street could be soothing. ;)

Tara, love your pics and story. Well, I guess you won't be going back to the mountains soon to vaca hmmmm? That you survived with two little ones there is a miracle! I look forward to the rese of your survival story.

Nancy, you make me have BaB envy. I saw somet BaBs over on ebay that I would really love, but can't get as well.

Suzanne, I also love that you can take your work home. Me, not a good thing ever. I look forward to hearing more of your adventures. Sounds like you are in your element. Hope it continues.

Uh oh, there are Kamma-Kimmar confusions...look out!

I am beginning to not like my workplace. Danger...

Sorry for the "Kama-Kimmar" confusion [try saying THAT 3 times fast! :teeth: ] but I ain't changing mah name......:snooty:......[LOL :teeth: ]

Good morning, ladies (and bothers.... :wave: )

kimmar067 said:
Sorry for the "Kama-Kimmar" confusion [try saying THAT 3 times fast! :teeth: ] but I ain't changing mah name......:snooty:......[LOL :teeth: ]

Hmmmmm.....what about MrsHughJackman ;)

Morning....sorry you are still tired, Elaine.

Suzanne...glad that the work is going well so far and you are enjoying it.

Sherry, sorry you have a sickie home :( Hope he feels better soon.

I have lunch with my aunt today......I have something that is bothering me to bring up....not sure how to go about it :(
Anyone around for some input??

I'm here. working on my next chapter but in between I can give input! I like giving my opinions!!

tara

Just back from going grocery shopping :)

So Nancy, if you need input, I'll be here for another hour or so!

Yuck, Sherry, I hope Jared feels better soon!

Lily, that's a good idea there! I think you ought to just skip out on work and come join me ;)

:wave2: Hi Alan, Kimmar & Tara!

Just not waking up today... though I better get awake soon before I have to go to the airport :rolleyes1

okay gang I need some of those good vibes today.

I guess you can add me to the list of those people having job woes.

As some of you may remember I had my job ripped out from under me last year and was given this reading class. The problem is I HATE this job. True it is very easy, it requires very little work on my part, and leaves me with plenty of free time. Lots of people I know would think it is a dream job. For me it is not.

While I enjoy having the time to post and read all the posts and surf the net, I'm really tired of not feeling like I'm doing anything. So last night I had a sit down with mom and begged her to talk me out of what I'm planning on doing! She failed!! hehe

So today, I'm going to talk to my AP and request a change to a self contained ED/LD classroom. This would be a huge change and would probably cut my posting down to nil during the day (but don't worry this won't be until sept.) but I could actually teach. I would be busy, I would be planning lessons, projects, I would be pulling my hair out because the kids are driving me nuts...but then again I might feel like what I'm doing is worth it again. I've been mulling this over since January and yesterday I finally admitted out loud that I've become a slug and I'm really not happy.

So please send me some of those wonderful YaYa vibes that they haven't already promised this job to someone else (the woman in it now wants out and has made it clear she doesn't want it!).

Okay, now I'm going to take my slacker butt and write the next part of this extended trip report! (actually I'm trying to catch up in post count with some of my sistahs!!)

tara

yaya vibes headed your way, Tara.
I agree with you. I like to be busy at work.
Good luck. Hope it works our for you.

Thanks Nancy! I talked to the AP today and she was very complimentary towards me. Now we wait and see. i should know by next week.

Busy afternoon here. I dropped my dad off at the airport to go to AZ, and then I washed my car. It was in the 80s here today so I took advantage of that :teeth:

Then I did a ton of house cleaning and decided I would make a shepherd's pie from scratch (mashed potatos too). So that's about ready to go into the oven.

Good luck to you Tara with the job!!!! I hope you get what you want! We would miss you though, if you couldn't post as much!!!!

Speaking of which, where's our next installment :p

Nancy, how was your lunch?

I am going to take it easy and then in a little while walk to my dad's to dump out some milk that he has. He offered it to us, but we don't drink 2% in this house.

Hey...I washed my car too....of course living on a gravel drive, it will be dirty again tomorrow.

Lunch was good.

Now what to do the rest of the day???

Glad you had a good lunch, and woo hoo for car washings! I admit I could've done a great job of trying to make it sparkle, but I figure with all the rain coming up, it will look splotchy and yuck soon. But with the black exterior, this thing really needed it!

Enjoy your evening. We don't have choir practice tonight, so I think we will take advantage of that and watch a movie :)

Kama89 said:
I think egging less on my part would probably be a good idea. ;)....LOL! Poor Kimmar! Are you getting blamed for my doings? :p Hey, this could be fun!! :teeth:

....Hrmph! :snooty: And to think, all those tasty Ohno pix I posted on the OTHER thread......tsk, tsk, tsk!

Tara !
I love those pix you took - what beautiful views! :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter